? regarding football and valley church beach

dmac

We will be on the Windsurf in Falmouth Harbor on Jan 11.

What would be the best/least expensive way to get to valley church beach?

What would the taxi ride cost?

Since it's a Sunday, sounds like the public bus would not be a good option??

Or would the bus be ok...we don't depart Antigua till 11PM.

Looks like we would need to take the bus to ST John and then transfer.

Is there a better beach to consider if you are on that south side on Antigua?

Also, do you think any of the bar/restaurants will have the Bronco football game on? Maybe they will have it on the ship?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Diane

Diane…we are on the same ship and I have been trying to tie down a bar to watch the Packers play on Sunday!!

Last year when we were onboard it was Superbowl Sunday so Windsurf secured space at the Mad Mongoose in Antigua for all the Surf guests that wanted to go ashore to watch the game. The bar/restaurant was right at the dock so it was easy to get to off the tender. I don't know if they show football all year or if it was a special satellite package they got just for the Super Bowl?

I have already talked with Cloggy's at the Antigua Yacht Club and they show sports in the bar but they are "not into American football". He said they would turn to on if it didn't interrupt any other sporting events (European).

I sent a email to Temo Sports which is right down the road from Cloggys. It is also a sports bar. Have not heard back from them yet.

I don't ever remember seeing football on the TV's on the ship. We have sailed on Surf about 6 or 7 times and always in Winter.

If I get an answer from Temo Sports Bar I will let you know.

I was born and raised in Green Bay but now live in TX. My entire family still lives in GB. I am meeting up with my sister and her daughter for this trip. They live in GB. I am in 304 and they have 305. I will have my Packer flag on the cabin door!!

Ann

Godley TX

Thanks Ann for that information. I don't know that we will want to sit and watch the whole game, but its good to know where we could go to watch

part of it.

Sounds like you have been in Antigua a few times. Is it difficult or expensive to get a cab from Falmouth Harbor to go to valley church beach? Is there a better beach choice from Falmouth?

emac…its not difficult to get a taxi at the dock in FH. We had an emergency at home a few years ago so we had to get off the Surf in Antigua and fly home:( Taxi took us from FH to airport with no problems.

I don't think I have ever been to Valley Church Beach. Looking at the map I would guess it is 10-15 miles from FH??? Map says its 8 miles South of St Johns.

Did you check to see if there are any big cruise ships in St Johns that day? If there is, that might make valley church beach crowded.

Freeman Bay/Galleon Beach is a short drive or good walk from Tender Dock. There is a resort there so you have facilities to use. Nice beach.

We are thinking of trying Pigeon Point Beach this year. 5 minute drive or good walk (over hill) to get there. There is some snorkeling and facilities. There is a couple of restaurants on beach (Bumpkins and a French cafe).

Happy New Year

Ann

Godley TX