GOing back to RCCL after 6 yrs. Questions?

I will hopefully be booking the Navigator of the Seas out of Galveston soon for our annual May Cruise.

I have some questions regarding the dining options and prices please.

I know the main dining room is free.

Johnny Rockets has an upcharge of???

They have other specialty for fee restaurants onboard?

Can you please let me know what types and the charges for each

specialty restaurant?

Thank you so much.

I am really looking forward to cruising with RCCl again after cruising only Carnival for the past 6 yrs.

Thank you so much.

I think I also read that they have a Donut shop ? Is this an add'l charge?

Johnny Rockets is $6 for food, shakes and drinks charged per item.

I believe Chops is $35.

There are also Giovanni's, Izumi, and Sabor for extra cost, but I've forgotten the specific prices.

Johnny Rockets is $6 for food, shakes and drinks charged per item.

I believe Chops is $35.

There are also Giovanni's, Izumi, and Sabor for extra cost, but I've forgotten the specific prices.

Giovanni's was 20 last April ( they had same steak as Chops so you can save big here ) Izumi was a a-la-carte we spent a little less than 50 there for the 2 of us and I thought that was our favorite, Chops was good but least favorite of the three ( did not do Sabor) some have reduced prices for lunch . Chops was not open for lunch , it is for suite guests for breakfast and lunch. We sailed last April on her and will also sail her this April.

Johnny Rockets was $6 last time we went (2014) and it was totally worth it if you have a healthy appetite. The burgers are great and often the waiters dance and it's a lot of fun. It's also a lot of food so don't expect to be as hungry for dinner. I've heard the burgers compared to Guy's on Carnival, but I've never had Guy's so don't know for sure.

Chops used to be a good deal, but in recent years they've jacked the price on most of the specialty restaurants and they keep changing them so it's tough to keep up. We've found the food in the MDR to be so good that we don't really feel like paying extra. It's not like we can't find other things to spend $$$ on. On our last cruise (Freedom) we looked at the menu every morning hoping to find one that didn't appeal to us and force us to try the other restaurants, but, alas, every day there was something that sounded (and was) good.

When Chops was $25 instead of $35 the decision was easier to go, but if you have a few people it adds up quickly. If you think about the type of restaurant on land you can go to (not counting wine or drinks) for $35 each Chops doesn't sound like as great of a deal. The food in Chops is still really good, but it's more trouble to justify the price these days.

If you look around when you first board you may find a first day special. They sometimes have other specials during the week as well. When the price is 2 for 1 it makes it a lot more palatable.

You will really like coming back to RCI. It will seem, a bit, like going back to an old home. Some things are different, but a lot is the same and familiar. It's enough different from Carnival that the change will be refreshing. The Navigator is a wonderful ship and we really love the Voyager class for being a good balance between not too big and not too small. We are going on Adventure in May and are really jazzed. The Freedom class was also really nice (only slightly larger). We went on Oasis and it was very overwhelming and "cool", but, for us, the slightly smaller ships are a better fit. Still, going on Oasis was a blast and we don't regret it at all and would likely do it again if that class ever went somewhere interesting. :rolleyes:

Tom

Giovanni's Table was still $20 pp for dinner and $15 pp for lunch last month. Sabor, "modern Mexican" is $25 pp for dinner and many really like this venue. The guacamole is outstanding and the fish dish is devine. The service is also outstanding. No donut shop, but their donuts in the Windjammer are not good, very dry. There are cupcakes for sale at the Promenade Cafe bar. Don't know what they cost. Promenade Cafe is no extra cost and has a great variety of sandwiches and desserts. Pastries and fruit at breakfast there.

I will hopefully be booking the Navigator of the Seas out of Galveston soon for our annual May Cruise.

I have some questions regarding the dining options and prices please.

I know the main dining room is free.

Johnny Rockets has an upcharge of???

They have other specialty for fee restaurants onboard?

Can you please let me know what types and the charges for each

specialty restaurant?

Thank you so much.

I am really looking forward to cruising with RCCl again after cruising only Carnival for the past 6 yrs.

Thank you so much.

I think I also read that they have a Donut shop ? Is this an add'l charge?

What week in May are you looking to go? My DH, DD and I are booked on the Navigator leaving Galveston on May 24th

You will be happy with your decision to give Royal another try. We had been away for 11 years sailing primarily with Princess. Did the Serenade last month, and it did seem familiar and new at the same time. Have 2 more booked now.......Good Luck.

Great reading all of your comments. We are also coming back to Royal (doing the Freedom in April) after being away for 7 years. So looking forward to this as we have heard alot about changes. It is good to know about MDR. Any new innovations to the windjammer. Have heard that they no longer do midnight buffets. How about for all of us chocoholics?

Anne

Great reading all of your comments. We are also coming back to Royal (doing the Freedom in April) after being away for 7 years. So looking forward to this as we have heard alot about changes. It is good to know about MDR. Any new innovations to the windjammer. Have heard that they no longer do midnight buffets. How about for all of us chocoholics?

Anne

No traditional midnight buffets and no chocolates on the pillows anymore. However, there may be a late night buffet on the pool deck, but I've not seen the chocolate fountains on the pool deck buffets.