From NYC Terminal to airport - suggestions?

hatsoff

Hello!

My wife and I will be arriving in NYC in September on a transatlantic cruise that starts in Dover, England. We've never been to the NYC Passenger Terminal before, and we're not sure of the best mode of transportation from the port to one of the airports. According to the NYCPT web site, I could take a cab from the port to the LaGuardia, JFK, or Newark airports. I read on one of these boards that it can be difficult to get a cab at the NYC terminal. We're also open to using either a car service or shuttle to take us to the airport. We just want a straight-forward (e.g., close to the port), reasonably-priced ride to catch our plane! We also want to make sure we plan the departure time for our flight to allow enough time for us to get from the port to the airport.

Any suggestions or advise that you might have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Paul

Hats off to you!

Can you book a transfer to the airport through your cruiseline? I live in NEw york and getting a cab can be crazy. You could book car service. I would try with the cruiseline first. I didn't book my airfare through the cruiseline and was able to get transfers with them. Maryann

Thanks for your advice, Maryann and Budget Queen. I had read somewhere on one of these boards that I could purchase transfers through the cruiseline, even though I had purchased my airline tickets on my own. (The one-way tickets we bought on our own from Boston to London were 1/2 the price it would have cost us if we went through the cruiseline!)

I will definitely call the cruiseline about this. It seems to be the sanest option available to me!

Thanks again!

Paul

Hats off to you!

• 4 months later...
I live in NY, and if your intrested in a car service. You can try A.J. Limousine Service Inc. We use them every time we go away. They are realiable, friendly, and reasonably priced. THey have limos and towncars,
Their phone number is 1-800-247-6577 or 516-883-8888 or 631-423-6666

Archived