Any Questions?

purrcycat

There is free Wi-Fi on the AQ, but it is s-l--o---w and not available everywhere along the river.

Thanks! At least it will be available some of the time. Of course being in the U.S. I'll be able to get cell phone service! :p

Thanks! At least it will be available some of the time. Of course being in the U.S. I'll be able to get cell phone service! :p
I believe that's actually what AQ uses for wifi -- sort of a grown up "myfi" system. And, the reason why coverage is spotty -- they don't always get a cell signal.

I am looking for the name of the hotel we will be staying in, pre-cruise, in Memphis. Also, how far is it from the a/p and are we better off taking a cab to hotel or using the cruise line's transportation? Thanks! :p

I am looking for the name of the hotel we will be staying in, pre-cruise, in Memphis. Also, how far is it from the a/p and are we better off taking a cab to hotel or using the cruise line's transportation? Thanks! :p

Best to call AQ as they sometimes rotate hotels, or, if you have a good TA, ask her. Our TA often works directly with AQ for theme programs and is very knowledgeable. Unfortunatelty, I can't give you her name by cruise critic rules.

Best to call AQ as they sometimes rotate hotels, or, if you have a good TA, ask her. Our TA often works directly with AQ for theme programs and is very knowledgeable. Unfortunatelty, I can't give you her name by cruise critic rules.

Thanks; I did call and they said it would most probably be the dt Sheraton. I guess it's about 25 minutes from a/p.

Did you take any of the Premium Tours? Did you find yourself waiting in line to board the bus or waiting to catch a bus while in the towns? Thanks, Charliebeth

We did take a couple of premium tours. Redemption and Rehabilitation at Angola Prison was extremely interesting. I liked that one the most and highly recommend it. We also enjoyed Entertaining Southern Style with Regina Charboneau in Natchez.

We did not have to wait in line for the included hop on, hop off tours. You print a ticket the night before or morning of and use it to board the applicable bus. There are many times to choose from. We did have to wait for the bus once when going back to the boat because they only run every half hour or so, but we just didn’t time it right.

Hope that helps!

I also found that on occasion the Wi-Fi worked in certain areas of the boat and not others. So if you aren't able to connect, you can try moving around.

Janice

Thanks; I did call and they said it would most probably be the dt Sheraton. I guess it's about 25 minutes from a/p.

You're lucky to be at the downtown Sheraton. They put us up at the Memphis Hilton, which was quite far from Beale Street and the port. We went to Memphis a day early to do some touristy things and had to spend a lot of time in a cab as we were out in what seemed to be a business district. But, because it was an Elvis themed cruise, they included a tour of Graceland the morning of departure and then just took us to the boat. That was very nice!

I also found that on occasion the Wi-Fi worked in certain areas of the boat and not others. So if you aren't able to connect, you can try moving around.

Janice

Thanks, Janice! I'm taking my Kindle Fire HDX with me so it will be easy to take it to other areas of the boat. Do they call it a boat or a ship? :p

Thanks, Janice! I'm taking my Kindle Fire HDX with me so it will be easy to take it to other areas of the boat. Do they call it a boat or a ship? :p

They call it a boat. The Riverlorian explained that since it doesn't travel on the ocean, it is called a boat. If it were to travel on the ocean, it would be called a ship. It sounded like a reasonable explanation to me!