Celebrity Solstice - Room 1205 configuration

Miss-m

Hi there,

We've just booked a cruise on the Celebrity Solstice for 28th Dec 2015.

Excited, but a little wary.

Our cabin number is 1205 (deck 10) and I am a little concerned that our cabin is one of the cabins where the bed is closest to the window and the lounge is the first thing you see when you first walk in the room.

Anyone have any photos of this cabin?

Am also concerned about the size of the balcony.

I find it really frustrating that you can't choose your cabin on the Celebrity website and it gives you limited options, leaving you no option other than going through a travel agent (which I find frustrating).

Thanks,

Miss - M

OP: in addition to randomly plugging in other cabin numbers on Celebrity's web site to find what else might be available, you can also call Celebrity and ask them what other cabins are available, as well as find on-line sites that show you more available cabins. (They are travel agent sites, so we are not allowed to name them on here.)

Your current cabin is a C2 on a very desirable deck (cabins above and below) in the middle of the ship, a very good location. The bed is by the balcony; that's a great set-up, I'm not sure why you are concerned about that. (In fact, I'd say most folks on here who express an opinion about this prefer that to the bed by the bath.) There's no "lounge" in front, just the sofa. Below is a picture of a C2 cabin on the Eclipse with the bed by the balcony.

Your balcony size is the standard balcony size for S-class ships. The only way to have a larger balcony in a veranda or concierge class cabin is to get a cabin on the "hump." I have checked for your sailing, and there are still a number of C2 cabins on the aft-facing hump on Deck 12 (the pool deck). These are below the public Deck 14, so I'd personally want to research them in terms of noise issues before booking one.

There are also a number of 1A cabins on the hump (with larger balconies) available for your sailing on several lower decks (including cabins 8283,8254, 8256, and 8258). On the S-class ships, the cabin size (the interior) is the same in concierge and veranda class, and many would much rather have the larger balcony of a 1A on the hump than the perks of concierge class (if their cabin would not be on the hump).

I would suggest you do more research if 1205 is not to your liking (although again, the interior set up is just fine). As noted in the comment above, you can still change your cabin after your initial booking.

EclipseTA033_01.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

Edited by Turtles06

Our cabin number is 1205 (deck 10) and I am a little concerned that our cabin is one of the cabins where the bed is closest to the window and the lounge is the first thing you see when you first walk in the room.

Have sailed Solstice six times--never in 1205--so I obviously love the ship [as I do all five of the Solstice-Class ships]... Just looked at the Deck Plan and 1205 is nicely located mid-ships and closer to the mid-ships [larger] bank of elevators which are, to my mind, super convenient to the common areas--like the dining room--you are apt to visit most often...

There is a thread [a "sticky" found at the top of the Celebrity Forum Home Page here on Cruise Critic] that provides guest feedback relative to cabins... You'll find it here...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

While stateroom 1205 has not been specifically evaluated, adjacent cabins 1203 and 1207 have [the area is generally regarded as quiet]... Since both of those staterooms seemingly have the bed by the bath, your cabin will have the bed by the balcony [they alternate]... While your mileage may vary--we all have preferences--I'm not sure that configuration would serve as a source of concern to me and it's actually the one I prefer... I like the fact that those cabins seem more roomy--to me--as one enters, I like the fact that access to the closet seems easier when the bed is not immediately adjacent, I like that the desk--where the electrical outlets are located--and with large mirror above are closer to the bath when dressing, and I like the fact that I can open the drapes in the morning and loll around in bed with a more immediate view of the passing sea or port [once ready for the day, that's what balconies are for]... That said, I book either with my primary concerns being quiet [cabins adjacent and above/below with no significant exposure to noisy common areas] and a preference for mid-ship locations [smoother ride if seas are rough; quick access to elevators]...

Virtually all of the non-suite balconies on Solstice-Class ships are exactly the same size and--by standards on most ships I've been on--are quite generous/comfortable... The non-suite balconies situated on the forward or aft-facing angles are larger [deeper, not wider] but feature exactly the same interior space as any other veranda cabin on the ship; on Deck 10/in Concierge Class, 1120 is an example for reference purposes only... Often, those are the first cabins to be reserved/sold... There is also a single balcony cabin on the aft [generally more pricey; some prefer that view] of each deck that features a veranda that is slightly wider but no deeper; an advanced search of the Cruise Critic website will help you to identify those if interested [it has been discussed here often]... I generally choose cabins with expanded balconies if available [i tend to book years early when new itineraries are first released for sale] but they're nice/not necessary; I surely don't choose my sailings--for me, it's itinerary, experience, and pricing first--based upon my ability to secure one...

The cabin photos on Celebrity's website are--aside from some very minor decor differences between some Solstice-Class ships and bed position relative to bath versus balcony--quite indicative and accurate as to what you should expect within your selected cabin category [cabins for the disabled have slightly different configurations, particularly in the bath]... You can also do an advanced search of the Cruise Critic website if you seek more photos but, again, interior area/furnishings for all non-suite veranda cabins is the same/only placement differs...

As the previous poster noted, Celebrity's US website does provide "shoppers" with a sampling of--but not a full listing of--available cabins within each cabin class... And the US website does permit one to inquire about the availability of any cabin by ship/sailing date [if reserved, one will be told that it is unavailable; if available, related pricing will be provided]...

I don't diminish your concerns--if they're valid to you, they are valid--but I'm not sure that I'd be so concerned about them so as to perhaps lose focus on your primary reasons for cruising... Don't know the "rules" in Australia but I'd be inclined to do my thorough research--both the Celebrity website and Cruise Critic website are treasure troves of great information--and inquire about changing cabins to one you might like better if such issues are of continuing concern to you... To my mind, your cabin assignment is quite a good one and is a selection I might make for myself [i've occupied similarly positioned cabins on other decks]...

May your Celebrity vacation bring you fun and fulfillment... That--and not consternation--is the ultimate goal...

Hi there,

We've just booked a cruise on the Celebrity Solstice for 28th Dec 2015.

I find it really frustrating that you can't choose your cabin on the Celebrity website and it gives you limited options, leaving you no option other than going through a travel agent (which I find frustrating).

Thanks,

Miss - M

Yes, your cabin, 1205, does have the bed by the window (balcony). The stateroom next door, 1203, has the bed by the bath, as you desire. All you have to do is contact Celebrity or your travel agent to make the changed since they are both C2 cabins.

I looked up your sailing. As another alternative, there are several C2 staterooms open on this cruise. Stateroom 2109 and 2110, both on Deck 12, are available. These are better staterooms/better location on the ship, in my opinion. They both have extra large balconies, with 2109 have the larger of the two. Personally, I would switch to one of these two staterooms. Both have the bed by the bath, as you desire.

Yes, your cabin, 1205, does have the bed by the window (balcony). The stateroom next door, 1203, has the bed by the bath, as you desire. All you have to do is contact Celebrity or your travel agent to make the changed since they are both C2 cabins.

I looked up your sailing. As another alternative, there are several C2 staterooms open on this cruise. Stateroom 2109 and 2110, both on Deck 12, are available. These are better staterooms/better location on the ship, in my opinion. They both have extra large balconies, with 2109 have the larger of the two. Personally, I would switch to one of these two staterooms. Both have the bed by the bath, as you desire.

Thanks so much for your reply. I was concerned about noise the with 2109, given it is near public areas. Have you had experience with these cabins?

Thank you so much for all your replies.

I will just go with the bed near the window, just seemed strange as we've never experienced that before. Am glad you've all put my mind at ease.

We booked through a travel agent, her deal was better than the website (and initially I couldn't choose my own room). Have since gone on and explored how to book with my choice of cabin, and luckily the deal through the agent was still better.

I will contact the agent (after some further investigations) about changing to 2109 or 2110 as a big balcony is important to us, as we tend to hang out on the balcony of an evening before dinner.

Again, thank you for your replies. Wish I had've posted her first prior to booking.

Miss-M

• 11 months later...

Thanks for the information everyone, we have also booked this room on Solstice for April 3rd 2017. We have had Bed/Bath configuration on the previous 2 cruises so are looking forward to experiencing this one to decide which type we prefer.

Thanks so much for your reply. I was concerned about noise the with 2109, given it is near public areas. Have you had experience with these cabins?

There is no excess noise with these cabins and the balconies are great. I've been in 2105 which is even closer to the public areas.