Quantums grande resturant dress code slips

We felt it was nice to be treated as adults and not told to dress up on a particular night.

People have the option to book or not book in the Grande. Granted, there are not a ton of other options if you decide you don't want to get dressed up.

We felt that people on our cruise followed the code and actually enjoyed getting dressed up with the fact that probably at least 30% were dressed up on the last night of the cruise to go into the Grande when usually people just wear their travelling clothes into the main dining room.

The ship had a different vibe when you had people getting dressed up any given night while others were not. We liked the change of pace after all these regimented formal nights. You just said, they are going to the Grande tonight and no big deal that they are dressed up and we are not. It was actually kind of refreshing environment instead of the stale everyone dress up on the 2nd and 6th night of the cruise.

As you can see, we actually liked the dyanmic dining concept and happy to hear there is a little more flexibility lately in changing dining assignments if needed and hopefully it will continue when we are on the Anthem later in the year. No classic option for us!

That's not a question yet it ends with a question mark. Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 3 accepted occasions where it is appropriate to use a question mark are:

1. direct questions

2. rhetorical questions

3. to express doubt or uncertainty

This was usage number 3.

The 3 accepted occasions where it is appropriate to use a question mark are:

1. direct questions

2. rhetorical questions

3. to express doubt or uncertainty

This was usage number 3.

Sorry to bother you with facts, but...

Question Marks Only appropriate under these conditions:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rule 1. Use a question mark only after a direct question.

Rule 2. Avoid the common trap of using question marks with indirect questions, which are statements that contain questions. Use a period after an indirect question.

Rule 3. Some sentences are statements—or demands—in the form of a question. They are called rhetorical questions because they don't require or expect an answer. They should be written without question marks.

Rules? We don't need no stinkin' rules!

Edited by Pennstateman

On embarkation day, The Grande's dress code is smart casual. Is it ok to wear jeans into the Grande if I haven't received my luggage before my reservation time? Or do I have to travel in a smart casual outfit?

This is from Dynamic Dining description for Smart casual:

Skirts or pants (with no holes, rips or tears) and a sweater or blouse are appropriate for women.

Pants (with no holes, rips or tears) and a sports shirt (must have sleeves) or sweater are appropriate for men.

Swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurants or specialty restaurants at any time.

T-shirts, shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours but are acceptable for lunch.

Jeans seem perfectly fine. DD description for smart casual is quite casual.

Sorry to bother you with facts, but...

Question Marks Only appropriate under these conditions:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rule 1. Use a question mark only after a direct question.

Rule 2. Avoid the common trap of using question marks with indirect questions, which are statements that contain questions. Use a period after an indirect question.

Rule 3. Some sentences are statements—or demands—in the form of a question. They are called rhetorical questions because they don't require or expect an answer. They should be written without question marks.

Rules? We don't need no stinkin' rules!

Are you guys brothers?

Actually, we are both wrong. When a question mark indicates doubt or uncertainty you are supposed to enclose it in parentheses. However, it is entirely appropriate to use the question mark for that.

I see where you got your info above, but most college guides indicate that you DO use questions marks for rhetorical questions. A poll of a few professor friends says they tell their students to put question marks on rhetorical questions, despite the fact that this implies you want an answer when you don't actually want one.

My one friend put it this way:

If I'm looking at a paper that asks rhetorical questions like "Is the sky blue?" or "Is water wet?" and the student writes "Is the sky blue." or "Is water wet." then I would feel they made an error. I would want the reader to know that the student is asking a question, even if it was only meant to be answered in the reader's mind.