Some old-bie questions about how RC works now (Liberty specifically)

I'm not a total newbie but it’s been over a decade since I’ve cruised on RC so I was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me before we book a last minute cruise on the Liberty?

1. Is there a soda card available to purchase (or just the deluxe drink package) and what would the cost be for the soda card? Further to that, is pop free in the dining rooms (as it was years ago when I sailed RC?)

2. We are booking a last minute cruise four weeks out. Are we going to be able to get tickets to the ice show and or Saturday Night show? I know we can log on as soon as we book but I wasn’t sure how the ticket availability works now and if they “sell out”. It is a “must” to see the ice show for our family.

3. I’m still a bit unclear about dining times on the ship (Liberty). We absolutely cannot have the late dining time as we have a 5 year old and last year on our Disney cruise the late dining was a complete gong show!! It doesn’t seem clear to me on the web site which options are available on the Liberty and I’m wondering we are again going to be stuck with the last minute booking.

4. Are the beaches at Labadee crowded now that they added all the “stuff”. The last time I was there it was strictly a beach and a bbq so I’m wondering if we can enjoy a nice relaxing day on the beach there now? I was not at all impressed with how crowded Castaway Cay was on the Disney cruise and we were even on a small ship!!

Thanks so much for your help!!

Edited by tennisgirl27

I'm not a total newbie but it’s been over a decade since I’ve cruised on RC so I was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me before we book a last minute cruise on the Liberty?

1. Is there a soda card available to purchase (or just the deluxe drink package) and what would the cost be for the soda card? Further to that, is pop free in the dining rooms (as it was years ago when I sailed RC?) Soda is not free anywhere on the ship. The unlimited soda package is $6.50 per day plus 15% for adults, $4.50 per day plus 15% for age 17 and under.

2. We are booking a last minute cruise four weeks out. Are we going to be able to get tickets to the ice show and or Saturday Night show? I know we can log on as soon as we book but I wasn’t sure how the ticket availability works now and if they “sell out”. It is a “must” to see the ice show for our family. There are no tickets to Saturday Night Live, it is first come, first served. Ice show tickets may still be available, if not, you can always get in a standby line and usually get in.

3. I’m still a bit unclear about dining times on the ship (Liberty). We absolutely cannot have the late dining time as we have a 5 year old and last year on our Disney cruise the late dining was a complete gong show!! It doesn’t seem clear to me on the web site which options are available on the Liberty and I’m wondering we are again going to be stuck with the last minute booking. Liberty has traditional (fixed time early/late) and My Time Dining. One of these will be available. If you don't like what you get, you can try to change it once you get onboard.

4. Are the beaches at Labadee crowded now that they added all the “stuff”. The last time I was there it was strictly a beach and a bbq so I’m wondering if we can enjoy a nice relaxing day on the beach there now? I was not at all impressed with how crowded Castaway Cay was on the Disney cruise and we were even on a small ship!! If you are the only ship in Labadee, you should be able to find some areas that are not crowded.

Thanks so much for your help!!

See answers in RED above.

Edited by clarea