St. Croix Local

drake2014

I just booked my lounge chairs for Sun Apr 12 at Sandcastle. What was the incident that will keep you away?

Laurna

Well without going too far into it (it's really a nice place and I don't want to deter anyone else) I witnessed a physical altercation between some regulars there that ended with two 70 year old men shoving and scratching each other on the pool deck and my favorite shorts covered in blood.

It was nothing that Sandcastle caused or could have prevented.

All that being said, I am looking forward to meeting you so I will pop into the bar there for a drink on the 12th. What time should I swing by?

Is Chant still doing walking tours in Fredericksted? I'll be there this Sun and was hoping to do a tour but have gotten no reply to my email and the phone numbers listed on the website are not in service.

If not the walking tour any other suggestions for what to do in fredericksted?

Is Chant still doing walking tours in Fredericksted? I'll be there this Sun and was hoping to do a tour but have gotten no reply to my email and the phone numbers listed on the website are not in service.

Last I knew they were still operating but I couldn't get them on the phone either. Let me make a couple calls and get back to you.

Thank you for all your help and advice.

We visited St Croix in Janury, but unfortunately our ship, Royal Princess, was unable to dock due to high winds, so we had to watch, very sadly, as we sailed slowly away.

We are returning in May on Independence of the Seas and would appreciate any advice on which is the beach with the calmest water. I love to swim but don't like sea which is rough. Are there any beaches with very calm water, please?

Is the beach at Sand Castles calm?

Many thanks!

Well without going too far into it (it's really a nice place and I don't want to deter anyone else) I witnessed a physical altercation between some regulars there that ended with two 70 year old men shoving and scratching each other on the pool deck and my favorite shorts covered in blood.

It was nothing that Sandcastle caused or could have prevented.

All that being said, I am looking forward to meeting you so I will pop into the bar there for a drink on the 12th. What time should I swing by?

Thanks for the info...that I'm not worried about. but really 2 70 year old men

fighting :eek::eek:

We are doing the rum tour in the morning, meeting my co workers who are on the Summit once they finish class (Travel Agent trip) so we are planning on being there by 1 at the latest.

Will touch base closer to the date, and if I can find wifi I will post on the boards.

Unless there is a Lucille Ball convention in town, I'm usually the only red head in the crowd :-)

Thank you for all your help and advice.

We visited St Croix in Janury, but unfortunately our ship, Royal Princess, was unable to dock due to high winds, so we had to watch, very sadly, as we sailed slowly away.

We are returning in May on Independence of the Seas and would appreciate any advice on which is the beach with the calmest water. I love to swim but don't like sea which is rough. Are there any beaches with very calm water, please?

Is the beach at Sand Castles calm?

Many thanks!

Sorry to hear about January! Glad you get to come back so soon.

Sandcastle is your best bet but calm is a relative term in May, you might still get a few breakers but it shouldn't be too bad.

I just spoke to Frandelle Gerard, one of the founders of CHANT who requests that you call her directly to schedule your tour. (340) 277-4834

I will find you on 4/12 at Freedom City. I cannot commend you enough on how much help you have been. See you then

Now that I'm planning out my day, what time would you like to grab a drink so I can be sure to be there?

We will be going there as soon as we get off the ship and be there until we go on the Cruzan Rum Tour. So we will be at Freedom City till about 11am

That works perfect, I could go for a little morning drinking... ;)

Hello Drake

First off thanks for posting such helpful information!

I will be on the AOS in May (the only ship that month apparently). In the past I have done cooking classes in Curacao and Florence...a nice way to get a feel for the location. Are there any cooking classes near the port? on a Sunday?

Thanks

Hello Drake

First off thanks for posting such helpful information!

I will be on the AOS in May (the only ship that month apparently). In the past I have done cooking classes in Curacao and Florence...a nice way to get a feel for the location. Are there any cooking classes near the port? on a Sunday?

Thanks

You are very welcome!

I don't know of any but I will ask around and let you know.

Wish we could have met you Drake. My DH has not stopped talking about the great diving in St. Croix. After he dove we quickly grabbed one of Bert's dirty bananas and headed to the beach.

I would have loved it but I'm so glad you both enjoyed yourselves!!!

I looked into cooking classes in St Croix a few years ago, and there was a chef offering them, but can't remember his name. Let me see if I can find it.

IMO, one of the distilleries should offer a Cooking With Rum class!

Darrin

I am looking to go on a tour with ATV's can you tell me a good tour company to

go with . I will be there in about a year from now. I am looking forward to our visit to your wonderful island.

Thanks Lisa:)

Darrin

I am looking to go on a tour with ATV's can you tell me a good tour company to

go with . I will be there in about a year from now. I am looking forward to our visit to your wonderful island.

Thanks Lisa:)

Geckos Island Adventures. 340-713-8820. Geckosislandadventures.com

They are right next to Pier 69 and N2theBlue in Strand Square.