Can embarkation be earlier than asked by RCCL?

Hi,

I just received an e-mail from RCCL informing some schedule they "ask" for embarkation. My deck was scheduled to 3pm, about only 1 hour before departure. (Allure)

I really didn't like it. I just want to go early (11am or 12pm) so I can sync it with the checkout time in my hotel, also have much more safety in case of incidents that can delay the arrival to the ship, and I really want to start to enjoy the ship early, having lunch and some time within it before the drill and departure - just like any other guests will!

Can I just arrive earlier and have my embarkation normally, around the time I arrive to the port? Or RCCL will force me to enter only in the time THEY scheduled and let me and my family 3 hours stucked in the port waiting to be allowed to enter the ship?

I remember that in Disney Cruise Line we could CHOOSE the embarkation time, so this way they could distribute all guests, but respecting each one needs. I didn't expected something worse from RCCL.

Thanks and regards!

Yes, you can, absolutely.

As a matter of fact, MOST people will ignore that email.

The only thing that you MUST promise is that you will NOT complain if you have to wait or spend time in line as a result.

Bon Voyage!

:)

Hi,

I just received an e-mail from RCCL informing some schedule they "ask" for embarkation. My deck was scheduled to 3pm, about only 1 hour before departure. (Allure)

I really didn't like it. I just want to go early (11am or 12pm) so I can sync it with the checkout time in my hotel, also have much more safety in case of incidents that can delay the arrival to the ship, and I really want to start to enjoy the ship early, having lunch and some time within it before the drill and departure - just like any other guests will!

Can I just arrive earlier and have my embarkation normally, around the time I arrive to the port? Or RCCL will force me to enter only in the time THEY scheduled and let me and my family 3 hours stucked in the port waiting to be allowed to enter the ship?

I remember that in Disney Cruise Line we could CHOOSE the embarkation time, so this way they could distribute all guests, but respecting each one needs. I didn't expected something worse from RCCL.

Thanks and regards!

Yes, you can board anytime from 11.00am subject to normal boarding procedures which are always subject to delay e.g. late disembark of previous cruise, deep clean for norovirus etc. 95% of the time 11.00am is fine!

Hello... to be very honest with you or you either go really early 10:30am and wait for ship get clearance for boarding around 11:15 to 11:45... or go after 2pm... the lines between 11:30 to 2:00pm are ridiculous long and I believe the less thing you want to be is getting angry in a line before vacations... there is no difference from what time to the other... all the stores are closed, is just to be walking and exploring the ship, but hey you 7 more days to explore... have a amazing sailing on the Allure, she's a beauty...

Ok, sure, but the idea is exactly to know if they usually do that, making passengers be waiting a long if arriving early, or if they allow to embark in a reasonable time...

Yes, you can, absolutely.

As a matter of fact, MOST people will ignore that email.

The only thing that you MUST promise is that you will NOT complain if you have to wait or spend time in line as a result.

Bon Voyage!

:)