Price drops on Anthem

Hey everyone, I can't speak to any Anthem OTS sailing other than next fall's TA on which we are booked, but we just had a significant (28%!) price drop on our balcony cabin today, and it looks like there are some price drops on other categories as well. So if you are booked on any Anthem cruises, you might want to check the fares today.

The TA was quite overpriced and I've been expecting a drop, although not this early and steep. Perhaps so much negative feedback coming from the launch of Quantum and the DD rollout is affecting Anthem bookings, or maybe it was just the price correction on an overpriced TA. At any rate, my spouse and I are happy to save the money! :)

Hey everyone, I can't speak to any Anthem OTS sailing other than next fall's TA on which we are booked, but we just had a significant (28%!) price drop on our balcony cabin today, and it looks like there are some price drops on other categories as well. So if you are booked on any Anthem cruises, you might want to check the fares today.

The TA was quite overpriced and I've been expecting a drop, although not this early and steep. Perhaps so much negative feedback coming from the launch of Quantum and the DD rollout is affecting Anthem bookings, or maybe it was just the price correction on an overpriced TA. At any rate, my spouse and I are happy to save the money! :)

Just checked prices and our cabin is 400.00 more total for our March 16 sailing......

Just checked prices and our cabin is 400.00 more total for our March 16 sailing......

Yikes! :eek:

Well, perhaps then the huge drop in price on our TA (Oct. 27, 2015) was in fact due to how overpriced it was for a TA, a sailing that is typically cheaper (per day) than other cruises. And that's not even taking into account that the Anthem is doing the north Atlantic route in the late fall, with no ports, and winding up in NJ rather than, say, Florida, a route of limited appeal, even on a brand new ship.

In addition, there are two other TAs also out of Southampton in the same week competing with the Anthem: one on the brand new NCL Escape, going directly to Florida, and the other on the Celebrity Eclipse, which has a pretty neat itinerary (particularly for the British market): Southampton to Boston, overnight in New York, overnight in Bermuda, Port Canaveral, Miami (I of course left out all the sea days).

I think it is still way over priced for an 8 day TA with no ports. I'd expect it to come down another 30-40% after final payment. As an FYI - the Quantum TA (same itinerary and could be seen as more desirable since it was the maiden sailing) had Z GTY (inside) rates at $599 (with a C&A discount down to about $500) and Y GTY (outside) at $699 several times. On that sailing it didn't really matter what you booked - lots of folks got upgraded to a balcony.,

Edited by Biker19

I think it is still way over priced for an 8 day TA with no ports. I'd expect it to come down another 30-40% after final payment. As an FYI - the Quantum TA (same itinerary and could be seen as more desirable since it was the maiden sailing) had Z GTY (inside) rates at $599 (with a C&A discount down to about $500) and Y GTY (outside) at $699 several times. On that sailing it didn't really matter what you booked - lots of folks got upgraded to a balcony.,

I think the OVs and interiors in particular are still terribly overpriced. It will be interesting to see what happens as we get closer. (Lots of cabins still available.) Thanks for the interesting, comparative data on the Quantum's TA.

• 3 weeks later...