Timing for Sailing on the Adventure from San Juan

tlund

Been looking at sailings on the Adventure from San Juan in May. I've read somewhere that the kids in Puerto Rico get out of school at the end of April or beginning of May. We typically try to sail when the kids are in school so we aren't sailing on a cruise with a ton of kids. Any input on the possibility of having a bunch of kids on a cruise out of San Juan on May?

The calendar I've seen shows last day of classes the end of May. I sure hope that's right. We are cruising from there May 9 and I'm hoping everyone is still in school.

I second that. But it wont make or break my cruise. Less Kids the better :D

The calendar I've seen shows last day of classes the end of May. I sure hope that's right. We are cruising from there May 9 and I'm hoping everyone is still in school.

I will be on that cruise with you! I do hope you are correct about the last day of school:)

I will be on that cruise with you! I do hope you are correct about the last day of school:)

Well HI! Have you joined our roll call and signed up for the meet and mingle? If not, come join us!!

This is what I saw that shows the schedule. Keep fingers crossed it's right!

http://www.dodea.edu/Americas/NY-VA-PR/upload/Puerto-Rico-2014-2015.pdf

I e-mailed a client of mine who is from Puerto Rico to ask her. She responded that the schools get out at the end of May through July. I asked her whether a lot of Puerto Rican families take family vacations in May. She responded that they do not. The only thing she cautioned about was that some kids in their senior year take senior trips and that would be in May. She said that unlike a senior trip of US students, the number of kids are a lot less. She compared 300 US students on a senior trip to 30 Puerto Rican kids. Based on that, I'm willing to take the change and cruise in May. Next decision is whether on the sailing on May 9th or the sailing on the 16th. Hmmmmmm.

I e-mailed a client of mine who is from Puerto Rico to ask her. She responded that the schools get out at the end of May through July. I asked her whether a lot of Puerto Rican families take family vacations in May. She responded that they do not. The only thing she cautioned about was that some kids in their senior year take senior trips and that would be in May. She said that unlike a senior trip of US students, the number of kids are a lot less. She compared 300 US students on a senior trip to 30 Puerto Rican kids. Based on that, I'm willing to take the change and cruise in May. Next decision is whether on the sailing on May 9th or the sailing on the 16th. Hmmmmmm.

That's good to know. We are staying at a bed and breakfast for 2 nights in Old San Juan pre-cruise that is across the street from an elementary school. Looks like no sleeping in as school will be in session!

You have already met 3 fellows cruisers for May 9th in this thread. I say just come on over and join us!!!

Whatever you choose, have a wonderful time!