Birthday on NCL

Tiff3

Hi! At the beginning of Febuary my boyfriend and I will be going on a 7 day western Caribbean cruise on Norwegian dawn. His birthday is the third day of our cruise and I want to do something special. I know they offer a bday package but I'm on a budget and know the cake that comes with it will not get eaten. I was wondering if I could maybe bring my own dollar store Bday decorations and when we leave the room for the day leave a note and a tip for the steward to please put them up. I would rather do this and order one of the specialty Carlos Oreo cakes because I know he'd love it. Do you think the steward would do it or have any of yall done this??

Thanks!!

Hi and welcome to Cruise Critic!

First of all if you think that you'd eat free cake, you should inform the Maitre d' when you go to dinner that night - they will provide a free cake for you after dinner if you like.

Secondly, good idea. I would definitely try to "bribe" the cabin steward - especially if you are not talking about too many decorations (= not too much extra work).

On our next cruise we will celebrate my husband's birthday .My PCC asked if there were any special events eg. anniversary or birthday. He asked if I would like a cake for him . I know it's small but a cake is being provided at no additional cost . You might call and ask about this. Since we don't sail until 3/18, I'm not sure what it'll be. I figured it would be at least a little remembrance.