Packers vs seattle and muster drill

plunker

On at least one Princess cruise I have heard the muster drill broadcast by the pools and also in our cabin.

We've found that there are hardly any places on the ships to escape the muster announcements. There also testing the speaker system to make sure all is well in case of a true emergency. We just try to find a location where it not blasting.

Muster drills are for our protection and trying to avoid them is IMHO just plain irresponsible.

Imagine they offered folks who are prepared to sign an indemnity absolving Princess from all liability claims the option of not going to the muster drills.

I wonder how many would give up their rights just to watch a football game?

I suspect the answer is "Not many".

Muster drills are for our protection and trying to avoid them is IMHO just plain irresponsible.

Imagine they offered folks who are prepared to sign an indemnity absolving Princess from all liability claims the option of not going to the muster drills.

I wonder how many would give up their rights just to watch a football game?

I suspect the answer is "Not many".

I think we all go to muster drill and do pay attention. It's part of the price we pay the first day, with embarkation chaos, muster drill, and unpacking to enjoy what we all enjoy. I don't enjoy muster drill, personally, though I try to make the best of it by meeting a few people. It's worse on other lines, though, where you may wind up on the hot deck standing for half an hour with nothing to lean on. Princess is at least civilized about it.

When Princess says something is a matter of safety, I tend to believe them, in the case of muster drill I do believe them. I think it's overlong and stuffed with a few things that maybe shouldn't be in there, but even though I know the spiel almost by heart, I sit there quietly, put on the jacket when told and vamoose.

Edited by Wehwalt

Princess has been checking the people skipping muster since the beginning of last year. Our names were called after skipping out & all the people had to attend a makeup session in the Wheelhouse right after the regular drill.

The place was packed. :D

People who missed that makeup session got a personalized letter for the next session. ;)

I got the week wrong, the SB happens the day before I board the Crown. So I will likely watch it at the Doubletree in San Pedro. It's a bit of an odd embarkation, the Crown does not board at the normal pier 92/93 but I think it's 46, by the mouth of the harbor. I'll likely drop off my bags at 10:30, return the car to Enterprise, and then take their shuttle (or walk, for exercise) back.

Wow...pier 46...I wasn't even aware they had such a pier. :eek:

I had to look it up on the port's website to see where it's located for future reference (http://www.portoflosangeles.org/facilities/outerharbor.asp). The Grand Princess is scheduled for 93 & NCL's Norwegian Star at 92...it's odd to me to have a regular ship like the Crown at the 'overflow' pier.

We will be watching the Seahawks repeat against whoever on Feb. 1, in the harbor in Buenos Aires... they better not have the muster drill during the game!!

nah, they wouldn't do that, would they? :eek:

Repeat? Surely you jest.....:D

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Repeat? Surely you jest.....:D

Bob

Oh Bob! :D

Spoken like a true Bruin fan. :p. Since the Mora Bruins keep beating the Trojans my only hope is for Pete to repeat. ;)

Maybe Mora will return to the NFL like Pete did to give SC a better chance to win. :D

Oh Bob! :D

Spoken like a true Bruin fan. :p. Since the Mora Bruins keep beating the Trojans my only hope is for Pete to repeat. ;)

Maybe Mora will return to the NFL like Pete did to give SC a better chance to win. :D

Frank;

You know me too well.....:D

Bob

Princess could solve the problem of crowding at MUTS or in a smokey bar by going back to the tradition of also showing the games in the cabins.;)

On the new entertainment system on the Royal in October when games were not on ESPN in the cabin I'd search through all of the options & 'sometimes' I found an "NFL" option to watch games. Other times it was only at MUTS in the elements or the standing room only Club 6 which had a noticeable odor of smoke from the adjacent Churchill's smoking area...neither option appealed to me. Even the World Series games were like this & only sometimes available in our cabins. :(