Please help fast

luv-my-kids

Poop. I checked Renmar's site but those particular cabins are there yet. If you book either of them PLEASE take the appropriate picture and send it to him for the site.

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home

Those cabins are on the Starboard side. You can get a good view of the starboard side of the Royal (pretty much the same ship) here:

Edited by Thrak

If you'll watch the Youtube video Thrak posted, it will answer your questions about where the lifeboats are.

Also, it's fairly easy to compare the video to the deck plans and see those two cabins. I'd take E227, which has virtually no obstruction. E625 is behind a davit, which would block you view slightly.

Need to choose between 2 obstructed balcony's. E 625 or E 227 on the Regal Princess. Which would would have the least obstruction.

Thanks!

If you don't mind being a little bit forward, go with E227. The other cabin, E625, is behind a tender and the view is nearly completely obstructed, whereas with E227 the views forward and outwards are unobstructed, and only the view looking aft is obstructed.

:D

Using Thraks wonderful video.....

16135683678_f7f3b0d256_b.jpg

Dave, You are right on the ball with pictures and arrows.

For luv-my-kids. Even though the picture is of the Royal the Regal is the sister ship and cabin locations are identical.

Dave, You are right on the ball with pictures and arrows.

For luv-my-kids. Even though the picture is of the Royal the Regal is the sister ship and cabin locations are identical.

Hi Marty,

I think it's time the 'arrows' were retired for good. ;)

And I hope the OP comes back to let us know which cabin they took.

Hi Marty,

I think it's time the 'arrows' were retired for good. ;)

And I hope the OP comes back to let us know which cabin they took.

Oh No Dave - you can't retire the arrows - how else would the rest of us know which cabin to select.:eek::D

We're taking a break from Princess to go back to X for a bit and I won't be following these boards as closely. So I want to say again how much all your detailed knowledge, and your willingness to share said knowledge with the rest of us has meant to me. I have always felt secure in my Princess-related decisions as they are based upon the wisdom and kindness of folks like you and Pam in CA. I wouldn't have booked the Regal if I hadn't had so much fun on the Royal, and my fun on the Royal was directly linked to all the great information I had going into my cruise. I can't do anything about anything until I know everything about everything.:o And you have helped me to know everything about the Royal and the Regal.

So take care my friend and enjoy the countdown until you are sailing again on one of those beautiful ladies. Kay (aka S'ville Gals)

Thanks so much for helping me decide. I called back and changed to room 227 :). I am so thankful for all your suggestions, pictures and video. I wish Princess had notes on these rooms so the representative could give us accurate information on the obstructions. Thanks again!

PS........The arrows and knowledge were really appreciated. When I return from my trip I will make sure I post pictures of the room and small obstruction.

Thanks so much for helping me decide. I called back and changed to room 227 :). I am so thankful for all your suggestions, pictures and video. I wish Princess had notes on these rooms so the representative could give us accurate information on the obstructions. Thanks again!

PS........The arrows and knowledge were really appreciated. When I return from my trip I will make sure I post pictures of the room and small obstruction.

And if you have pictures would you be so kind to send me any that could be used on my website. You can send them to theog99@telus.net

Thanks in advance.

Theo

Sent from my GT-P7510

Edited by Renmar

• 5 years later...
On 1/19/2015 at 8:50 PM, dmwnc1959 said:

Using Thraks wonderful video.....

16135683678_f7f3b0d256_b.jpg

Thank you for the arrows!!

We have this cruise booked in May and was curious how obstructed "obstructed really is, for room E227.   Im fine with not looking behind me.   We all should be looking forward,   To our next cruise that is!!

55 minutes ago, Corynfl3 said:

We have this cruise booked in May and was curious how obstructed "obstructed really is, for room E227.   Im fine with not looking behind me.   We all should be looking forward,   To our next cruise that is!!

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/ov.php?ship=Regal-Princess&cabins=E101-E230

2 hours ago, Corynfl3 said:

Glad to see this thread still has some life in it! LOL

Edited by dmwnc1959
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Corynfl3 said:

Well, I was googling "Royal Princess E227" and this came up.

I, however, WILL post pictures upon my return

No worries! I haven’t posted on Cruise Critic for years. Glad my old efforts still help others. 🙂

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dmwnc1959 said:

No worries! I haven’t posted on Cruise Critic for years. Glad my old efforts still help others. 🙂

Dave...hopefully you’ll become a regular participant again because your objectivity & great information with photos have been missed.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Dave...hopefully you’ll become a regular participant again because your objectivity & great information with photos have been missed.

1 hour ago, MustangGT said:

I second Astro Flyer!!  Nice to see you back on the board, Dave!

What’s up! Nice to know I’ve been missed 😉 lol and it’s been since the old “Everything Royal Princess” thread of 2013 since I was a regular on here. My cruising days are way, way behind me and I’m afraid any new posts would be of me asking “what’s this and that“, since I haven’t been in the loop for so long. All my posts now are on a Broadway World Forum since I’ve been attending shows (Broadway, and while they’re also on tour) for several years now. My next cruise, if at all will, be a final bucket list item to make it through the Panama Canal. But that’s probably never going to happen. Me and Gray Kitty are still here in West Virginia, and content with shorter road trips instead of long cruises. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dmwnc1959 said:

Dave,

You clearly have no idea how much you have helped all of us and continue to do so. Seeing you on today put a smile on my face. I still check out your site on a regular basis.

Short road trips are great - DH and I drive through your home State when we head up from Florida to the Adirondacks. Going the Western route adds mileage but actually cuts the time since we miss all the DC/Nj/NY traffic. As an added bonus it is beyond beautiful.