Live from the Enchantment. Jan 19th

Ander026

Good evening to all from the Enchantment. I am currently enjoying this 4 day cruise that left PC on the 19th.

This is another solo cruise that I am taking. With living in Central Florida I was able to drive to the port.

Enchantment left from the New Terminal 1. Getting to the Terminal 1 parking was easy. I pre-paid the parking and was on a list that the parking attendant had. Once in the parking garage I found a spot and made my way to the entrance. It was nice not having to cross the exit road like at T10.

Once entering they directed me to a line where they checked the passport and went thru the metal detector. This area reminds me of going thru TSA at OIA. They had what looked like 6 or more lanes with metal detectors. After that I went upstairs to check in, I went straight to the Diamond line and was checked in within 15 minutes. While still in the Terminal I passed by the photographers, then got dinged into the ship while in the Terminal. Since we get dinged into the ship while in the Terminal they had the kid check in and the beverage station in the hallway on the way to the gangplank. I entered on deck 4 today. It looked like they were using a gangplank on deck 5 when it was busy.

Well had dinner at Chops this evening, Great meal as always. Then some trivia and some drinks. Now it is time to head to bed. On Tuesday we are at Coco Cay with Grandeur. Hopefully I will be able to get some pics loaded up tomorrow.

Thanks for posting. I'm sailing solo for the first time later this month on the Enchantment. Did you eat solo in Chops? and if so... did they apply a discount. I'm D+ and would get a bogo free... dining alone I'm not sure how they would apply the discount. I'm sure I'll do night one at Chops no matter if there is a discount or not. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for posting. I'm sailing solo for the first time later this month on the Enchantment. Did you eat solo in Chops? and if so... did they apply a discount. I'm D+ and would get a bogo free... dining alone I'm not sure how they would apply the discount. I'm sure I'll do night one at Chops no matter if there is a discount or not. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

I dined in Chops the first night where it was only $24. When I first went up there to make a reservation I noticed a sign where they are open on Sea Day for $20. Also was seated by the window as well.

Is there only one security check area in terminal 1, or more like in terminal 10?

Yes there is one security check in area. There was like 6 metal detectors.

After that then it was up the escalators to the check in area, then on the ship.

When you pre paid for the parking, did you get an email confirmation?

Enjoy the cruise

Yes I did get e-mail confirmation that I printed and had when I checked into the parking lot. When I pulled up to the attendant I told him I pre-paid and my last name. Once he found me and crossed me off the list he opened the gate and let me in. For those that do not pre-pay you pay as you enter the garage.

Here is Enchantment at her new home in Terminal 1

IMG_3009_zps984ddc01.jpg

The Cove area where Fishlips can be found

IMG_3012_zpsb6d94340.jpg

A look at Terminal 1 from the ships view. This sure does look big enough to hold an Oasis Class.

IMG_3011_zps593532e7.jpg

A look back at T10, where Enchantment used to call home.

IMG_3013_zpsda5b6276.jpg

Well that is all for now. Have to refill the coffee and get more pics downloaded.

Well for this cruise I stayed in room 8119 which is an interior room turned sideways

As you enter the room the bed is directly to the left. the pic below was taken from the vanity area

IMG_3025_zps86b2cc39.jpg

Again from the entryway straight ahead is the vanity area and to the right is the bathroom and closet area.

IMG_3024_zpsa66b808a.jpg

The bathroom is standard for this category of room. I believe that the sink and shower area are original and not updated. I am not a fan of the updated sink anyways. The shower does have that pesky curtain.

IMG_3026_zps4b7e450b.jpg

Well next I will post some pics from yesturday's Sail-Away.

We love the Enchantment, we will be on it in two weeks, then hopefully again for Christmas. Must say I hate that shower curtain so much, I refuse to book anything lower than a JS to avoid it.

I see Chip & Dale are traveling with you :) Love It!

Edited by Not-My-Real-Name

Well the time has come to say goodbye to FL

Leaving T1 for my first time

IMG_3017_zps8c0c1f20.jpg

Coast Guard sailed by

IMG_3018_zps884dce96.jpg

Victory and the Coast Guard

IMG_3019_zps7e3f1c1a.jpg

Leaving Florida for the Bahamas.

IMG_3022_zps406ba27e.jpg

IMG_3023_zps2415e304.jpg

Well that is all for now. Have to head to the Island for a Coco Loco.

Good Morning all from the Enchantment. As I sit hear with my cup of coffee, before I head out to Nassau.

Yesturday after I left you I did get to the island for lots of walking around and to have a Coco Loco. I left the ship around 11 and it was a full tender heading over.

IMG_3046_zps959ea9a9.jpg

Once on the island I walked around and saw signs showing where the docks are to get back to each ship.

IMG_3048_zpsf538ee4f.jpg

As the Grandeur was with us.

IMG_3045_zps7ac8d2b2.jpg

With 2 ships in at Coco Cay, it was a very busy day. They had both food areas open and of course all of the bars were open.

IMG_3049_zps03720364.jpg

IMG_3051_zpsa265035b.jpg

After the walk I was ready to head back to the ship for some food and a nap.

I boarded the La Santa Maria Tender.

IMG_3067_zps5d4dfaef.jpg

We followed Coco Cutter out of the channel.

IMG_3070_zpsb6efb90a.jpg

IMG_3071_zps8237dbf3.jpg

Coco Cutter went one way

IMG_3072_zps8567c613.jpg

And we went the other way back to the Enchantment

IMG_3074_zpsd814b204.jpg

IMG_3075_zps3f880cf2.jpg

Well that is all for now as I am going to head out and walk around Nassau.

I tried to book on this cruise but the price for SOLO was twice the price of a single and I wouldn t pay it. Last year I went and they only charged me $60 extra.

Yea unfortunately, when they started the double points for singles that is when the cheap single supplement ended.

I was able to book this cruise as a solo for $366 and some change.

Well after I got back from Coco Cay, I relaxed on board then started taking in the evening activities.

First I notice our neighbors left for Key West.

IMG_3076_zps17527a54.jpg

Then it was time for the Captains Welcome

IMG_3080_zps1846151a.jpg

And the Parade of Flags

IMG_3094_zpsdda58f5d.jpg

IMG_3091_zps102977f7.jpg

Then it was time for the 70 disco inferno party.

IMG_3098_zpsd960054c.jpg

IMG_3101_zps03a22da4.jpg

Well I have finally caught up to today.

Welcome to Nassau

IMG_3121_zps370ca447.jpg

IMG_3115_zps76886b5b.jpg

IMG_3113_zps80df4cbf.jpg

IMG_3112_zps98b8ec7e.jpg

Well this morning I was up in the Diamond Lounge giving everyone an update before I went into port.

IMG_3078_zps964f9e9d.jpg

While up there they did the crew lifeboat drill. Below in Marc our cruise director as the driver of Lifeboat 12

IMG_3117_zps8e85fc54.jpg

Then I went into port. Everyone exited to the left of Festival Place. Everything that was in Festival place is outside now during the Referb. I would hate to see how crazy it is with 6 ships in port. I felt it was crowded enough with 3 ships in port.