Coco Reef Resort has raised price again.

Jetswdo

we are planning on going to the resort as soon as Summit docks. (We need to leave resort around 2:00 pm- after lunch- to head back to ship) But we are prepared to pay for the taxi ourselves both ways--this day will be our expensive transportation day. Anita

You're right -- The #7 bus will get you there, but it's quite a hike (uphill) from the bus stop to the resort. Last year, we took the ferry over to Hamilton, and cabbed-it from there -- worked out well. :cool:

The walk from the bus stop can be daunting with the hill. We found out after walking to the resort following there signs that you can walk through the college next to them instead. It is all flat and a straight walk as well. This was recommended to us by the woman working the reception desk where we checked in.

Needless to say the walk back to the bus stop was a lot easier then the walk from the bus stop.

• 4 weeks later...

Worth every penny. We were there Thursday. Initially worried about the rainy start to the day but ended up being perfect. Bermuda College had graduation, so we didn't take the advice on the left trail through campus, but hill wasn't as bad as I remembered. We took bus from dockyard but to return, bus to Hamilton and ferry back. suggest that's faster.

Worth every penny. We were there Thursday. Initially worried about the rainy start to the day but ended up being perfect. Bermuda College had graduation, so we didn't take the advice on the left trail through campus, but hill wasn't as bad as I remembered. We took bus from dockyard but to return, bus to Hamilton and ferry back. suggest that's faster.

When you took the bus to ferry and then ferry back , it was 2 tokens...correct?

Which bus did you take from Hamilton to Coco Reef? How long was the ride?

We leave next Sunday!

When you took the bus to ferry and then ferry back , it was 2 tokens...correct?

There's no free transfer between buses and ferries, so it would be one token for each time you use a bus or ferry. So...bus and ferry = 2 tokens. Bus or ferry = 1 token. That poster would have used 3 tokens...one for the bus there and two to use the bus and ferry back.

Edited by njhorseman

We did 3 day transportation pass. So easy. About 45 minute bus ride from ship or 15+15 minutes each ferry/bus. Bus from ship allows for beautiful South Shore views. Lunch menu allows for 2 of 3: appetizer/salad; entree; dessert. Burger, a really good Cuban, pasta, and I think a fish sandwich.

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a time limit you are allowed at the resort? Like would you need to arrive and leave by a certain time? Wondering if we could arrive at lunch and stay into the early evening.

If I remember you had to have lunch between 12 and 2 but I'm not 100% sure. I was never given an arrival time when I booked

I just returned and did Coco reef last Thursday, lunch was between 12 and 3. Price was $69.95 and I checked the menu to see what our meal would have cost if we purchased it. It would be about $40 PP with the two courses and a glass of wine. By the way, the food was excellent. Lunch is off their regular lunch menu and is two courses, appetizer and main course or main course and dessert plus glass of wine. They have burgers, Cuban pork sandwich, a couple of other things and a pasta of the day. I had the pasta which had veggies and pesto sauce, it was excellent.

If you are taking a bus, you will have quite a long walk up the hotel from the street, the hotel is behind and alongside Bermuda college and it is an uphill walk. We took the ferry to Hamilton and then a cab which was about $15 with tip. It was half the price of taking a cab from the dock.

In case you don't see it, I'll ask the one relating to this thread:

We need to be at resort as early as possible. So our plan is to get a taxi as soon as we can get off the Summit- Hopefully at 8:30. We want to get to resort by 9:30 or as close to that as possible. (Need to leave at 2 or at the latest 2:30 by taxi from the resort) What time did you actually get into the resort by using the 9:00 ferry and then taxi? If we weren't pressed for time, we would definately do what you did to get to the resort in the am. Thanks.

Well the ferry takes 15-20 minutes, and if you grab a cab right off the ferry, it would take 10 minutes at the most to get to Coco Reef.. So it should get you there close to 9:30, but that is to the door. The resort is a 5-10 minutes walk from the bus stop.

In case you don't see it, I'll ask the one relating to this thread:

We need to be at resort as early as possible. So our plan is to get a taxi as soon as we can get off the Summit- Hopefully at 8:30. We want to get to resort by 9:30 or as close to that as possible. (Need to leave at 2 or at the latest 2:30 by taxi from the resort) What time did you actually get into the resort by using the 9:00 ferry and then taxi? If we weren't pressed for time, we would definately do what you did to get to the resort in the am. Thanks.

I answered on the Celebrity but I'll write again for general knowledge.

They gave us one towel each but stated we could exchange them if needed for fresh ones. Didn't ask for another one so don't know either way if you could get one.

We got there around shortly before 10, we took the ferry and then the cab. There was one couple who were there before us. Since the ship clears around 8:30, I would guess you won't have a problem at coco-reef, problem may be at the dock since Breakaway cleared before us. First day there we did a snorkel trip but it was early afternoon, we just relaxed and let the crowd do their thing.

I did not attend any of the shows because of a medical problem (couldn't sit because of sciatica) Wife and son enjoyed the Comedian and people were raving about the Acaplella group which sang well and were very funny. I believe they arrived on the ship on our cruise. Sorry can't provide more info. Now you know why I was posting at 1:30 in the morning in the US Eastern Time zone.

I think we are stuck going by taxi as soon as we can get off the ship. Thanks to your information, we are going to bring a few towels from ship, besides using the 1 towel at a time from the hotel. If we weren't doing the Hidden Gems eco excursion for this trip, we would have done the hotel on Thursday instead. Then we would just take the ferry and a taxi, like you did. Wed is going to be our rushed and expensive day, unfortunately. But while we are at the hotel, we will try to make each minute count. Hope we will have good weather for that.

We are going to Bermuda in 2 weeks on the Breakaway. This is our 5th time there and we have done all the beaches several times plus the main attractions.

We are looking for a nice quite beach day and we have booked Coco Reef for 2 days. I was wondering if it is overkill to go there 2 days in a row. Not sure if anyone has done that.

Well you could spend one day in the little cove they have straight in front of the hotel, and the second day to the west at Elbow Beach.

this is in front of the resort

bd518322d1c99f282e9169fe8498c15a.jpeg

morningbeach.jpg

5870040.jpg

And here is the view of Elbow Beach to the west of the hotel as well

10685546_10152806706130758_6295480340463948944_n.jpg?oh=b690cae38c300dfc2b9105ebab67c6d5&oe=562B9E9A

1743649_10152192691330758_300343405_n.jpg?oh=2a22723e8c82e643ad2f9f4e826910fc&oe=562F0F02

Or some time at the pool

1898174_10152192691530758_198320900_n.jpg?oh=30af7f5bb33a3dd1a540a1015a0a8dfd&oe=562F685E

We spent most of the day at Coco Reef a week ago today! It was absolutely beautiful, and a great way to spend a quiet day at the beach. The resort is fantastic, and the scenery is gorgeous! We arrived around 10 in the morning and was able to get the last umbrella on the beach. There were plenty of chairs available, but the umbrellas go fast. They will not reserve them, it was first come first serve. Lunch was really good, too. (Great fish sandwiches, salads, and fish stew). We felt like the price was pretty fair for what you got. We took the Hamilton Ferry and then got a taxi. It was a short 15 minute ride to the resort. Getting a cab back to the ferry was easy.

We visited Horseshoe Bay Beach the day before. It, too, is a beautiful beach, but we enjoyed our day at Coco Reef so much more.

We just did a lot of research as we are on the Breakaway next Sunday to Bermuda (very excited). Coco Reef is the only place that does offer a Day Pass. I can confirm it is $69 per person and includes lunch and one glass or wine or beer or soda.

Elbow Beach Resort has a beach hut on the public portion of the beach that offers two chairs and one unbrella for $75. You cannot break this combo up. They do have bathroom and shower facilities onsite. No need to call ahead, you can arrive same day and they state they always have enough room.

The hotel also offers the option of a cabana rental by the pool. Cost is $495 for up to 6 people and includes use of all hotel facilities and water and soda. We actually thought this was a good deal but there are 8 of us so we opted for Coco Reef.

Thanks for the input and the photos. I think we will do the 2 days there as it seems very nice and not much hassle. We will do the ferry and the cab to save a little. I mentioned the bus and the 1/2 mile walk and my wife just said "No"

I would rather go here than the beach at the shipyard

We spent most of the day at Coco Reef a week ago today! It was absolutely beautiful, and a great way to spend a quiet day at the beach. The resort is fantastic, and the scenery is gorgeous! We arrived around 10 in the morning and was able to get the last umbrella on the beach. There were plenty of chairs available, but the umbrellas go fast. They will not reserve them, it was first come first serve. Lunch was really good, too. (Great fish sandwiches, salads, and fish stew). We felt like the price was pretty fair for what you got. We took the Hamilton Ferry and then got a taxi. It was a short 15 minute ride to the resort. Getting a cab back to the ferry was easy.

We visited Horseshoe Bay Beach the day before. It, too, is a beautiful beach, but we enjoyed our day at Coco Reef so much more.

Firstcruiser, thank you for sharing your experience! If you don't mind me asking, did you have a reservation at Coco Reef for the day pass? Just curious because my family and I made reservations for the day pass for our cruise in two weeks and we were under the impression from the information we were provided that an umbrella was part of the reservation price. Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated, thank you! :)