Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

10 hours ago, duegwb said:

Can you tell me about cabins 13161 and 11202 on Meraviglia?  I believe they are both Aurea balconies. 

Until April 2020 both cabins are Fantastica  not  Aurea.

After April 2020 they are both Aurea. 

13161 is opposite to a lift lobby which is convenient for lift usage but may a source of intrusive noise.

It may also be shaded by a small section of deck 15 which overhangs the central portion of the hump

11202 has a better position with regard noise rom the lift lobby as it is further away.

it should  not be affected by the "overhang" of deck 15

Hi Skier, I think you may have answered this previously but we've just been allocated 13245 and 13247 on Meraviglia having asked for two balcony cabins. Now we think based on your previous similar reply that 13245 is a small sofa bed only cabin that connects with 13247. Do you know if that's right? We are asking (challenging) MSC on this. So far the very nice lady has insisted it's two cabins both with twin beds....however having passed across as much proof as she can she has now passed it to "Inventory" although it's taking a long time to come back! Many thanks in advance for help.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 4:21 PM, Skier52 said:

Looking at an image of the stern; the windows of the cabins you name I would say look out to the side of the ship.

The corridors and stair wells are freely used by anyone to gain access to the big 'balcony' area and from personal experience on the other 3 ships of this class there is heavy use of these areas, so there may well be a noise issue.

pete 

Pete, I was advised you may be able to assist me-  I'm trying to confirm which OV cabins have the large windows... from my research, it appears deck 7 forward (7005--> 7039 &7008-->7052) 240021525_LargeOVArmonia.thumb.jpg.6cd809ecd64962acbae37b5fa65d8b6c.jpg  

3 hours ago, TheMettins said:

Pete, I was advised you may be able to assist me-  I'm trying to confirm which OV cabins have the large windows... from my research, it appears deck 7 forward (7005--> 7039 &7008-->7052) 240021525_LargeOVArmonia.thumb.jpg.6cd809ecd64962acbae37b5fa65d8b6c.jpg  

Looking at the work you have done and researching more images as well , I would say you have done a stirling job and reached the same conclusion I would have made..

Have an enjoyable cruise if you go on it

Pete  

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Skier52 said:

Looking at the work you have done and researching more images as well , I would say you have done a stirling job and reached the same conclusion I would have made..

Have an enjoyable cruise if you go on it

Pete  

Thank you for your time, Pete.  

Looking through my October cruise pictures, I'm pretty sure the aft20200228_115145.thumb.jpg.45aaa4445f0d130dd4e9c0abd3caa825.jpg large windows are the MDR (La Pergola), not cabins- we enjoyed dining by those windows!  I could be wrong though.  Thank you for responding, shipgeeks.

Pete,

I have a question about 12015 on Divina. Will the view be impacted by the overhang of the front of deck 13? I believe this is the location of 12016 which is a mirror image of 12015? Other available half glass/half metal Bellas are 8259, 8254, 10036, 10037, 10250, 10267, 11026, 11258, and 11293 if any of those are better options. maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.9a85eba14daa4e0be90a7049a21991bf.jpg

Edited by Reds4life

2 hours ago, TheMettins said:

Thank you for your time, Pete.  

Looking through my October cruise pictures, I'm pretty sure the aft20200228_115145.thumb.jpg.45aaa4445f0d130dd4e9c0abd3caa825.jpg large windows are the MDR (La Pergola), not cabins- we enjoyed dining by those windows!  I could be wrong though.  Thank you for responding, shipgeeks.

Deck plans show OV cabins on deck 7 both forward and aft.  The very large windows are indeed a restaurant.  Just above them are the 3-part large cabin windows, not as clear on this picture that they are larger than on the three decks above them.  I am also going by comparing the "pipe" that runs along the side of the ship just above deck 7 windows on this picture and the one earlier of the forward cabins.  Deck 7 is just below the "pipe", and in line with the lifeboats.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Reds4life said:

Pete,

I have a question about 12015 on Divina. Will the view be impacted by the overhang of the front of deck 13? I believe this is the location of 12016 which is a mirror image of 12015? Other available half glass/half metal Bellas are 8259, 8254, 10036, 10037, 10250, 10267, 11026, 11258, and 11293 if any of those are better options. maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.9a85eba14daa4e0be90a7049a21991bf.jpg

There is bound to be some affect of the bridge when viewing forward, but not that much as to be really significant. When I had a cabin with a similar view I found it great to watch the officers manoeuvring the ship in port.

It may also be affected by the shadow of the bridge blocking out the sun. If it does , and i'm only at 50:50 as to whether the shadow will reach that balcony, it would only be brief lengths of time; you can judge for yourself on your image.

As to the other cabins , those at the rear of the ship may have a view of the window washing machine to the side of the field of view not a major issue but i thought I would mention it.

I can't think of any problems for the forward cabins you list, other than distance to lift lobbies, which can be a source of intrusive noise, this should also be checked for the aft cabins

hope this helps 

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Dear Skier52,

Thanks so much for your valuable information. If you don’t mind I would like to ask what you think about a few cabins as we are caught up in a last minute dilemma.

Our problem is that we have to urgently reschedule our present cruise by Monday and we do not have many cabins to chose from as almost none are left.

We will be cruising the Med in December so motion might be an issue if weather is bad. We also read about vibrations (aft) and noise from lifts if cabin is too close. All these things are making it super stressful for us to choose.

At this point I guess we are trying to choose the “best” out of the following cabins, and we would really appreciate your feedback to guide us:

MSC Poesia:
cabin 8108
cabin 9184
cabin 11249
cabin 10141 (too expensive)

Thanks so so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

6 hours ago, 27clint said:

Dear Skier52,

Thanks so much for your valuable information. If you don’t mind I would like to ask what you think about a few cabins as we are caught up in a last minute dilemma.

Our problem is that we have to urgently reschedule our present cruise by Monday and we do not have many cabins to chose from as almost none are left.

We will be cruising the Med in December so motion might be an issue if weather is bad. We also read about vibrations (aft) and noise from lifts if cabin is too close. All these things are making it super stressful for us to choose.

At this point I guess we are trying to choose the “best” out of the following cabins, and we would really appreciate your feedback to guide us:

MSC Poesia:
cabin 8108
cabin 9184
cabin 11249
cabin 10141 (too expensive)

Thanks so so much!

8108 I suspect will have a lifeboat in it's field of view in at least a downward direction

9184 is bang up against a hump wall so will have only views forward, unlike the balconies  in this position on other ships in the fleet which have huge balconies.

11249 is an aft facing cabin ,but, it will have only a juliette balcony.

To compensate for this it will have great views.

If I had to choose then i would go for 11249 first as I love aft facing cabins.

The other two I would say were on a par together. Both have limited fields of view and it depends if you want a general view up and sideways or if you prefer a good view of where you are going but no view at all of where you have been.

check the distance to a lift lobby for each cabin as these can be sources of intrusive noise from fellow inconsiderate guests is directly opposite a lift lobby which may view as bad given the reason above or good in that it is no distance to walk to get a lift. that will be your personal preference .

vibration is a problem on some occasions but usually it can be felt throughout the ship  although at different amounts.

Motion may be an issue but only in very bad weather and will be felt more on higher decks and the further you are from the metacentre the  greater the effect. the metacente is usually  few feet (10 - 30)    back from the mid point of the ship and about on deck 5 or 6 on this size of ship. 

So the order of motion effect is 11249>9184>8108

I hope this helps 

Pete

image of a juliette balcony on divina

P1020632.jpg

Edited by Skier52

23 minutes ago, 27clint said:

Thanks for the very useful feedback.
I hope you don’t mind me asking you about cabin 10141? What is your opinion about it? Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

CORRECTION

I made a mistake on the answer above as i looked at 9164 on the deck plan not 9184

this is what i should have written

8108 I suspect will have a lifeboat in it's field of view in at least a downward direction

9184 is on the rear hump and will have great views

11249 is an aft facing cabin ,but, it will have only a juliette balcony.

To compensate for this it will have great views.

If I had to choose then i would go for 11249 first as I love aft facing cabins.

The other two 9184 is far better than 8108 but may have a little more motion

check the distance to a lift lobby for each cabin as these can be sources of intrusive noise from fellow inconsiderate guests is directly opposite a lift lobby which may view as bad given the reason above or good in that it is no distance to walk to get a lift. that will be your personal preference .

vibration is a problem on some occasions but usually it can be felt throughout the ship  although at different amounts.

Motion may be an issue but only in very bad weather and will be felt more on higher decks and the further you are from the metacentre the  greater the effect. the metacente is usually  few feet (10 - 30)    back from the mid point of the ship and about on deck 5 or 6 on this size of ship. 

So the order of motion effect is 11249>9184>8108

10141 would run close to my first choice if the price was close. it will have good views in all directions and would be in the middle for amount of motion

it depends on budget and if you could afford the little extra for a better position

i must emphasise that my choice is heavily influenced by my love of aft facing balconies

I hope this helps 

Pete

Edited by Skier52

• 5 months later...

Any thoughts aft balcony on 11249 on Magnifica?  I was told that it's a smaller balcony, perhaps a touch bigger than the Juliette balconies on Divina.  Looks bigger on the deck plan though, true?  Another person suggested trying to move to a Deck 10 aft, since it's also the same bella category, but the balconies are larger.  Concur or not necessary? TIA!

6 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Any thoughts aft balcony on 11249 on Magnifica?  I was told that it's a smaller balcony, perhaps a touch bigger than the Juliette balconies on Divina.  Looks bigger on the deck plan though, true?  Another person suggested trying to move to a Deck 10 aft, since it's also the same bella category, but the balconies are larger.  Concur or not necessary? TIA!

I had 10247, a deck 10 aft cabin and it does have a large balcony.

Cabin 11249, I suspect you are right in saying that the balcony is only slightly bigger than the Divina Juliette balconies

this the balcony we had.

i agree you should go for a deck 10 cabin

P1070322.jpg

magifica%20aft%20balconies.jpg

Pete

• Like 1

I actually think 11249 is a great assignment for a GTY.  I've not seen any pics of those particular cabins but it doesn't look like the actual balcony floor area will be much, if any, smaller than a regular side facing balcony.  After seeing Pete's picture showing how large deck 10 is I wouldn't be concerned.  The railing will only be slightly more angled so the only other thing I see from the video I posted in your other thread is deck 11 looks fairly open from above.  If you like sun then it will be ideal.  I've been able to get some great aft facing balconies just before final payment but you have to keep steady watch as they get snapped up quickly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stockjock said:

So I just called and unfortunately nothing is available on deck 10, so I stayed Pat for now, but I don’t suppose you have any photos of those smaller balconies deck 11 on Magnifica, do you?

Hvae you seen this thread ?

Thanks.  The larger photos are helpful, although they don't tell the entire story.  Looks small, no overhang, sunny and warmer which might be good for October Northern European weather.  Not a lot of room, but perhaps enough.

BTW, I found this photo of sister ship Musica, which I believe it pretty much identical to Magnifica.  I think it has the best pics I've seen so far of the aft balconies, so I'll share this for anyone else who happens to be looking in the future.

MSC Musica

Cruisedeckplans has a video of cabin 11251 on Musica.  If you google it, it should come up on youtube. 

There are also pics of 11254 on Orchestra.  And on Poesia, pics of 11253 and a video of 11250.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 1

These back side balconies of Musica looks very nice. This is exactly that type of cabin with a balcony I want to get. The only question is how loud is out there? I mean there should be some system of noise reduction or something. In any case its always nice to go to the balcony and see the sea right away.. I hate when I look at some point and I have to move my head cause the ship is moving. In the back you have no such problems 

• Like 1