Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

Thanks Pete.  I was able to score a rear-facing aft cabin on the 14th deck of Grandiosa #14286 for roughly $200 USD more, which seemed like a no brainer.  Kind of a big overhang, but that might not be a bad thing.   Appreciate the help.  Didn't think it was worth it to go with a fully or partially obstructed for not much less.

If you have any good or bad comments on the new cabin, feel free to comment.  Looked good from what I could see.

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Skier52 said:

please ask away

Pete

Awe thank you Pete! 

We are brand new to MSC (have sailed Disney, RCL and NCL) and looking at a U.K. Staycation cruise. It’s only 4 nights but we like natural light so looking at Oceanview. I’ve attached our options and by what I can figure out I think 8129-8143 and 8128-8144 would be without obstructed views due to lifeboats. I appreciate these are Bella cabins so not the best but happy with that seeing as it’s such a short cruise. 

B969657B-A409-4297-8C93-865519CF420D.png

69C0F36E-EEEA-4E95-934D-DF9724042BF9.png

4 hours ago, MISSGJ said:

Awe thank you Pete! 

We are brand new to MSC (have sailed Disney, RCL and NCL) and looking at a U.K. Staycation cruise. It’s only 4 nights but we like natural light so looking at Oceanview. I’ve attached our options and by what I can figure out I think 8129-8143 and 8128-8144 would be without obstructed views due to lifeboats. I appreciate these are Bella cabins so not the best but happy with that seeing as it’s such a short cruise. 

B969657B-A409-4297-8C93-865519CF420D.png

69C0F36E-EEEA-4E95-934D-DF9724042BF9.png

The NAME of the ship might save me a lot of guesswork

My First guess is MSC Virtuosa

I think that is correct

19 minutes ago, Skier52 said:

The NAME of the ship might save me a lot of guesswork

My First guess is MSC Virtuosa

I think that is correct

Oh I’m so sorry Pete! <FacePalm>

Great and correct guess. MSC Virtuosa.

• Haha 1

On 4/13/2021 at 5:27 PM, MISSGJ said:

Oh I’m so sorry Pete! <FacePalm>

Great and correct guess. MSC Virtuosa.

I'm very sorry it has taken soooo loooooonnnnggg  to you my thoughts, but after some initial improvement in Toby's condition things took a turn for the worse and my, loyalty goes to him first

I've had a hard job getting a good high res image that I could be certain was Virtuosa MSC have a habit of using a stock image for a ships in a Class. This caused havoc with MSC Fantasia class. They used an image of Splendida for Divina. and were telling clients that certain cabins had Plexiglas fences when in fact they were "In hull steel". I provided them with images to prove the we being mis sold balcony cabins. 

1_DIVINA_SPLENIDA.jpg?width=450&height=2

That is an example of How the sister ships aren't the same.

Still I've managed to find an image and here it is#

4_Virtuosa_b.jpg?width=450&height=278&cr

You can see that they do have a tender in front of he window , but it is one of the smaller ones.

I would say that if you're happy with the price and are aware that "BELLA" cabins are the old entry level "FANTASTICA" with services stripped out eg. NO free room service delivery, The  possibility of having "Dinner" serve by waiter in a dedicated area of the buffet.

THEN GO FOR IT 

HAVE YOU BEEN OFFERED THIS PACKAGE ?

• Like 1

Hello Pete, you seem to be the "go to guy" for Cabin questions. On the Divina Cabin 12254 is designated as a Bella Balcony. I have not been able to determine the reason. I am looking at moving some FCC, of course it doesn't cover price of new cruise so trying to find a Bella Balcony. I have studied the deck plan and see that Cabin 13222 is a Bella Juliet Balcony. Best choice?

Hi Pete,

So sorry to read about your little grandson, my thoughts are with you and your family.

I have a question about an inside Bella cabin on the Virtuosa, however, I’ll totally understand if you don’t feel up to responding.

I’m thinking of booking cabin 9288 which appears to be larger than the other inside cabins in the same block. Do you think this is just an error on the deck plans?  I’ve looked at the same cabin on Grandiosa deck plans and it’s shown as larger there too.

Also, do you think that the nearby lifts are for pax as they’re not specified as ‘Lifts’ on any plans I’ve looked at. I’m keeping my fingers crossed they are as it looks a bit of a trek up to the midship ones.

Many thanks.

Edited by CaroleC

2 hours ago, cellfree said:

Hello Pete, you seem to be the "go to guy" for Cabin questions. On the Divina Cabin 12254 is designated as a Bella Balcony. I have not been able to determine the reason. I am looking at moving some FCC, of course it doesn't cover price of new cruise so trying to find a Bella Balcony. I have studied the deck plan and see that Cabin 13222 is a Bella Juliet Balcony. Best choice?

cellfree,

I am not Pete but I thought you might be interested in this. If you go to YouTube & type in the search box

Day 1 ~ Cabin, Muster & More! MSC DIVINA Cruise Vlog [ep4]

you will see a video on your cabin 13222. The girls in the video clearly show the size of the balcony.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cruisernat said:

cellfree,

I am not Pete but I thought you might be interested in this. If you go to YouTube & type in the search box

Day 1 ~ Cabin, Muster & More! MSC DIVINA Cruise Vlog [ep4]

you will see a video on your cabin 13222. The girls in the video clearly show the size of the balcony.

Hope that helps.

Cruisernat, I did see those girls (ha) and cabin size fine and it was then I realized the size of the balcony, the Juliet! Do you have any idea why cabin 12254 would be considered Bella? I tried finding outside pics of the Divina but still can not figure it out.

4 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

It’s probably the size of the balcony that makes it Bella.  EM

Cabin 12254 looks like the same size as the Balcony Cabin beside it that is Fantastica, so rather a mystery, I will ask the MSC Agent when I call in tomorrow, but I do a lot of reading and research ahead of talking to an Agent and I find they don't have too many answers.

22 hours ago, Skier52 said:

HAVE YOU BEEN OFFERED THIS PACKAGE

5_virtuosa.jpg?width=450&height=278&crop

Pete

Thank you SO much Pete. 

Yes we have got the Premium drinks package included and we’ve upgrade to the Premium plus package too which was a very reasonable £13 a day. 

Edited by MISSGJ

21 hours ago, cellfree said:

Cruisernat, I did see those girls (ha) and cabin size fine and it was then I realized the size of the balcony, the Juliet! Do you have any idea why cabin 12254 would be considered Bella? I tried finding outside pics of the Divina but still can not figure it out.

012254 is a BELLA because it has a Metal Balcony as indicated by a blue shading on the deck plan

02_divina.jpg?width=450&height=278&crop=

Pete

• Like 1

17 hours ago, cellfree said:

Cabin 12254 looks like the same size as the Balcony Cabin beside it that is Fantastica, so rather a mystery, I will ask the MSC Agent when I call in tomorrow, but I do a lot of reading and research ahead of talking to an Agent and I find they don't have too many answers.

The agent probably doesn't know and will try and guess but  I know the real reason

See post #879

Hi Pete,

So sorry to be a pain but I wondered if you’d seen my earlier post (no.873) and had any thoughts?

I’m looking to book tomorrow so your opinion would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

5 hours ago, Skier52 said:

012254 is a BELLA because it has a Metal Balcony as indicated by a blue shading on the deck plan

Pete

Does it not transition to glass? Pictures are hard for me to find, but I get the impression that it does. How much I cannot say.

14 hours ago, opshannon said:

Does it not transition to glass? Pictures are hard for me to find, but I get the impression that it does. How much I cannot say.

You are correct it is only part metal and part Plexiglass.

12254_deivina.jpg?width=450&height=278&c

How to find pictures

I got this High Res image by Google searching MSC Divina and then left mouse the "Images" tab on the line below the search box on Google Chrome.

Pete

On 3/20/2021 at 4:24 AM, Stockjock said:

Thanks Pete.  I was able to score a rear-facing aft cabin on the 14th deck of Grandiosa #14286 for roughly $200 USD more, which seemed like a no brainer.  Kind of a big overhang, but that might not be a bad thing.   Appreciate the help.  Didn't think it was worth it to go with a fully or partially obstructed for not much less.

If you have any good or bad comments on the new cabin, feel free to comment.  Looked good from what I could see.

I'm sorry but I just noticed the question-ion in this post.

my thoughts

It's a shame you didn't get 14284, much bigger cabin and balcony, but it is a family cabin.

There is a big overhang which is good/bad depending on whether you are a sun worshipper/or not.

THE big plus , IMHO, is it is a Stern (Aft) cabin which has a good view

A good move for you

14586_grandiosa.jpg?width=450&height=278

14286_grandopsa_2.jpg?width=450&height=2

Pete

2 hours ago, Skier52 said:

It is my understanding that deck plans are drawn to scale so 9288 is bigger than nearby cabins.

The nearby lifts are labelled a such so ARE for guests

9288_virtuosa.jpg?width=450&height=278&c

hope this helps

Pete

Hi Pete,

Many thanks. I was about to book it today when hubby said let’s pay the extra and go for a balcony. We normally cruise with RCI in a suite but I was trying to keep the cost down as this one is an extra lol.

This is our first time with MSC, looking forward to sailing on a brand new ship next month. Whilst on board, I will have a look at cabin 9288 to try and establish if it is in fact larger. I’ll post my findings on our return 😁

Kind regards,

Carole

• Like 2

On 4/20/2021 at 2:47 PM, Skier52 said:

Pete

Pete, I never thanked you for taking the time during these days to reply, much appreciated, ended up deciding to try an Aft facing Fantastica Balcony - have been on Divina three times so this will be a new experience. Got a great All In price yesterday. 

• 1 month later...

Hi all, would appreciate any advice on Virtuosa Bella balconies. We're currently in 10406 one of the aft metal fronted balconies. I'm wondering if it'd be better to move to a deck 8 midship bella, say 8098 that's likely obstructed with a lifeboat etc. Not sure how much of an issue the metal frame will be vs a lifeboat. Many thanks in advance. 

23 minutes ago, jmadds said:

Hi all, would appreciate any advice on Virtuosa Bella balconies. We're currently in 10406 one of the aft metal fronted balconies. I'm wondering if it'd be better to move to a deck 8 midship bella, say 8098 that's likely obstructed with a lifeboat etc. Not sure how much of an issue the metal frame will be vs a lifeboat. Many thanks in advance. 

Great question. I have just upgraded from an inside to a bella balcony and taken cabin 12023. I too have the metal balcony and did debate if deck 8 or 9 may be better. however my cabin seems to show a larger balcony. Will be interested to see others opinions

On 4/21/2021 at 6:22 PM, CaroleC said:

Whilst on board, I will have a look at cabin 9288 to try and establish if it is in fact larger. I’ll post my findings on our return 

Went to have a look at 9288, the deck plans are incorrect as it is the same size as the other inside cabins in the area. The white space next to it is an electrical equipment room. The aft lifts are not for pax use, the nearest lifts are the ones midship which are quite a long walk from this cabin.