Skier 52 - Cabin Question

janie315

These pictures are so helpful. We are going MSC on July 9th. Could anyone show me on a picture where 10044 and 10144 are. We have 2 cabins.

Many thanks

They are both nice standard size balcony cabins in good locations , but not exactly near each other.

I wouldn't change them unless you get two cabins that are closer but still on a hump and not with steel balconies. On deck 10 the steel balconies are any balcony cabin with a number less than 10040.

10044_14.jpg

Pete

Hi,

New to cruising... new to MSC... new to balcony ...new to everything. Please reassure me that my cabin is ok.

Thank you.

I assume you mean a B2 cabin number 11151, if so ten you have a nice cabin in a decent location.

As it is in the centre of the forward recess the limiting pf the field will be minimal, it will be not far off a full 180 degrees.

AS it is on deck 11 there should not be much affect from the deck 14 overhang. except when the sun is high in the sky.

I hope this reassure you.

Pete

Hi Pete,

We booked an inside, no cabin assign. on the Divina (April 9) and the upgrade fairy has assigned us 9004. Looks wonderful to me.

We have sailed on her before - inside, also the Poesia (my personal fav.) and the Opera.

Any thoughts?

Joybaby

Ormond by the Sea, Fl

Hi Pete!

You are so helpful to so many and I am hoping to take advantage of your knowledge as well. We have opportunity to book B2 category at fantastic rate and promo for myself, husband and sons, age 7 &10. The only problem is the rooms available are 10010-10014. I read that they are partially blocked out balconies...We won't be using often but will it be comfortable when we do? Will all four of us fit out there? Last question, how spacious is cabin?

Thank you so very much.... you help in the decision making!!

Hi Pete!

You are so helpful to so many and I am hoping to take advantage of your knowledge as well. We have opportunity to book B2 category at fantastic rate and promo for myself, husband and sons, age 7 &10. The only problem is the rooms available are 10010-10014. I read that they are partially blocked out balconies...We won't be using often but will it be comfortable when we do? Will all four of us fit out there? Last question, how spacious is cabin?

I forgot to mention ship.....Divina!!

Hi Pete,

We booked an inside, no cabin assign. on the Divina (April 9) and the upgrade fairy has assigned us 9004. Looks wonderful to me.

We have sailed on her before - inside, also the Poesia (my personal fav.) and the Opera.

Any thoughts?

Joybaby

Ormond by the Sea, Fl

Nice cabin

No balcony but more space and a picture window looking straight over the bow, Great news from the upgrade fairy

Here is where you are on the ship

divana%20bow%202.jpg

pete

Hi Pete!

this is where the cabins are and you'll see they are the metal "in-hull" type.

10010_10014.jpg

inside should look like this with a double sofa bed for the boys

msc-divina_balcony-cabin_7334_1139_459-258_Image.jpg

the balcony will be usable and look like this, and be sheltered from the wind when moving at cruising speed, which could be an advantage over open balconies., and all 4 should fit on , imagine a square, 3ft by 3 ft (9 sq ft), each to stand in.

It could bring a bit of family togetherness :):)

balconyinhull.jpg

the cabin will be 192 sq. ft. (168 living area and 24 bathroom) the balcony should be 42 sq. ft.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Hi Pete - great info. We have sailed many times on Celebrity in Aqua class. Looking into our first cruise on the Divina cabin 10098. any info would be helpful

Thanks

Dave

The cabin is just far away from the front hump wall as to not be too badly affected in its field of view, which won't be a full 180 degrees but not far off, and as it is on deck 10 it will be unaffected by the shadow of the deck 14 overhang. It's close to a bank of lifts which is convenient for access to the public areas on the open decks and decks 6 and 7.

It's a standard sized cabin 192 sq. ft, ( living area 168 ; bath room 24) with a balcony of 42 sq ft.

A decent enough cabin in a reasonable location.

Pete

Re my cabin post earlier this week, today I have been able to change our cabin on MSC Divina from 12180 to 13123. Hope I have done the right thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

.you have made a good move as 13123 is on the central hump and the deck 14 overhang is much reduced and may even be beneficial in the heat of the day by providing a bit of shade.

the small amount of over hang can be seen in middle distance of the image below.

584563e5-58c8-48bc-9b2f-950316f372c5.jpg

pete

Thanks for the the reassurance that I had made a good switch .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Real good switch. You went from a smaller cabin with a small balcony to a standard cabin with standard balcony. I was in 13065 on a cruise this past November and the cabin was very nice. The overhang on the balcony gives you a nice shaded spot to sit almost any time of the day. I have cabin 13127 booked for April 23rd. Have a great cruise,

Could you tell me where cabin 10251 is and what size it is. Since it is in the back part of the ship will we feel a lot of motion? I usually try to get a cabin midship but they were unavailable. My husband does get motion sickness sometimes so I hope this will be ok. We have been on other cruises and this seems to be a comparable sized ship to Navigator of The Seas. He did fine on that. Thanks in advance:) also do we have a plexiglass balcony? This is on the Divina- sorry I did not specify

Edited by My93mustang

Could you tell me where cabin 10251 is and what size it is. Since it is in the back part of the ship will we feel a lot of motion? I usually try to get a cabin midship but they were unavailable. My husband does get motion sickness sometimes so I hope this will be ok. We have been on other cruises and this seems to be a comparable sized ship to Navigator of The Seas. He did fine on that. Thanks in advance:) also do we have a plexiglass balcony? This is on the Divina- sorry I did not specify

It's on the port side of the central hump

unfortunately it is one of the small balcony cabins,

148 sq ft (124 living area; 24 bathroom) 34 sq ft balcony.

standard balcony cabins are 192 (168 and 24) with a 42 sq ft balcony.

The central hump is a good place to be but in one the six forward most cabins on each side.as they are standard size.

On deck 10 these are 10142/44/46/48/50/52 on the starboard side or

10157/59/61/63/65/67 on the port side. all cabins cabins and yours are plexiglass

Any of these would be near to the mid ship line and a low deck so favourable from a motion point of view.

oete

this is where the cabins are and you'll see they are the metal "in-hull" type.

10010_10014.jpg

inside should look like this with a double sofa bed for the boys

balconyinhull.jpg

the cabin will be 192 sq. ft. (168 living area and 24 bathroom) the balcony should be 42 sq. ft.

Pete

Thank you!!! Again, your information has helped on so many occasions!

It's on the port side of the central hump

unfortunately it is one of the small balcony cabins,

148 sq ft (124 living area; 24 bathroom) 34 sq ft balcony.

standard balcony cabins are 192 (168 and 24) with a 42 sq ft balcony.

The central hump is a good place to be but in one the six forward most cabins on each side.as they are standard size.

On deck 10 these are 10142/44/46/48/50/52 on the starboard side or

10157/59/61/63/65/67 on the port side. all cabins cabins and yours are plexiglass

Any of these would be near to the mid ship line and a low deck so favourable from a motion point of view.

oete

Thank you Pete- this may be pretty small for 3 of us

My mistake I've given you info for 10215 not 10251

Pete

10251 is a standard cabin on the rear of the rear hump. so it's ok for three of you, but it will be subject to a bit more motion assuming the sea state is such that there is any

Sorry about the dyslexic mistake but it's very late over here in the UK

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Hi,

We are Musica next week have been allocated 11080 looks likes it may have angled balcony your thoughts please?

Getting excited now!

Thanks

if you look at the deck plan then it looks like an ordinary balcony

BUT

if you look at a HQ image of the ship you can see it definitely has an angled balcony.

So given that it is bigger that is some compensation for the limited field of view caused by the proximity to the hump wall

I'm sure you'll enjoy the cruise and not be too troubled by seeing where you've been and not where you are going

pete

musicac%2011080.jpg

Edited by Skier52