Bringing Soda on Board

Okay, so I am a Diet Mountain Dew addict. :o Of course, if I want to feed my addiction (which is truly in the best interest of my husband and the other passengers! :rolleyes:), I will have to supply my own Dew. So, do I bring aboard a 12 pack of cans, a 6 pack of bottles? Put it in my luggage, carry-on (which I would rather not do) or just slap a tag on it and hope to high heaven that it gets delivered to my cabin?!

I love this line from your link

"Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, "[color=

If you are not to bring on anything but wine, what is there to inspect? They should just throw it all away!

Exactly what I said. The whole policy seems odd the way it is worded.

If I cant have it, why do you need to inspect it?

We sailed Navigator in November and carried a 6-pack of Cherry Coke and Diet Coke onboard during boarding with no problem. Had it the carry-on, the same process that we have used for previous cruises.

I have read several threads in the past where folks experiences have been mixed on this topic. I wonder if some could be driven by Port or a particular cruise, e.g., Spring Break, etc.?

My thought is if they do deny us at some point, we are only talking about a few dollars and would not let it ruin the cruise. Just chalk it up to an "oh well" and head to the ship ready to enjoy a wonderful vacation.

We brought a 24 pack of water bottles on board with us at Fort Lauderdale when we recently sailed Independence of the Seas over New Year's. We put a luggage tag on it and left it with the porters.

We have never tried to bring soda so I cannot speak to that in particular.

The only port we have ever had a problem with bringing water onboard and leaving it with the porters has been at the Port of Tampa.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums