Activity Managers onboard Royal Ships

Below is a list of the ships in the fleet. Cruise Directors play an important role in the entertainment onboard, and their assistant is the Activity Manager. If you know the name of the Activity Manager onboard one of the ships, please reply.

Adventure OTS –

Allure OTS -

Anthem OTS –

Brilliance OTS –

Enchantment OTS –

Explorer OTS –

Freedom OTS -

Grandeur OTS –

Independence OTS -

Jewel OTS -

Legend OTS -

Liberty OTS -

Majesty OTS -

Mariner OTS -

Navigator OTS -

Oasis OTS -

Quantum OTS -

Radiance OTS -

Rhapsody OTS -

Serenade OTS –

Splendour OTS –

Vision OTS -

Voyager OTS -

Edited by Paulette3028

Andre is on Grandeur through late May

Darryll Dyball is on Voyager through February 5

Katrina Blair will be on Jewel early April (possibly late March), she's on Serenade through Saturday, January 30.

Edited by pjlee3333

Elvis (don't know last name) is the current activities manager on Jewel. Don't know if his contract will end when Katrina joins the ship or if there will be someone in between the two. He was there over thanksgiving so his contract should end before the end of March.

Information provided by cruisers, as of 1/27/15. If you know the name of the Activity Manager onboard one of the ships, please reply. As people change on board, please reply.

Adventure OTS –

Allure OTS -

Anthem OTS –

Brilliance OTS – Chris "Happy" Hopkins

Enchantment OTS –

Explorer OTS – Erky (leaving Royal when contract is over)

Freedom OTS -

Grandeur OTS – Andre (through 5/15)

Independence OTS -

Jewel OTS - Elvis (unknown if he is remaining) then Katrina Blair (takes over 4/15)

Legend OTS -

Liberty OTS -

Majesty OTS -

Mariner OTS -

Navigator OTS -

Oasis OTS -

Quantum OTS - Katie Turner

Radiance OTS -

Rhapsody OTS -

Serenade OTS –

Splendour OTS –

Vision OTS -

Voyager OTS - Darryll Dyball (through 2/5/15)

Edited by Paulette3028

Information provided by cruisers, as of 1/27/15. If you know the name of the Activity Manager onboard one of the ships, please reply. As people change on board, please reply.

Adventure OTS –

Allure OTS -

Anthem OTS –

Enchantment OTS –

Freedom OTS -

Independence OTS -

Jewel OTS - Elvis (unknown if he is remaining) then Katrina Blair (takes over 4/15)

Legend OTS -

Liberty OTS -

Majesty OTS -

Mariner OTS -

Navigator OTS -

Oasis OTS -

Radiance OTS -

Rhapsody OTS -

Serenade OTS –

Splendour OTS –

Vision OTS -

Magic Marvin on the Vision

Elvis (don't know last name) is the current activities manager on Jewel. Don't know if his contract will end when Katrina joins the ship or if there will be someone in between the two. He was there over thanksgiving so his contract should end before the end of March.

I was just thinking when I read the topic that the only activities manager I could remember was Elvis from Jewel. Probably the only reason I remember him was 1. Carly the CD was phoning it in that week and didn't seem to be working all that hard. 2. Elvis ran our meet and mingle and I thought he did an excellent job with that.

Erky (sp?) from Turkey is currently on Explorer for a last contract before he leaves Royal to become a pilot.

In December of 2012 he told is that he was doing 1 more contract. Over the past couple of years up I have heard numerous times that he is leaving. In a way I hope he continues to stick around as he was one of the best activities managers that I have seen, and better than a lot of CD's.

Whatever he chooses I wish him the best.

I was just thinking when I read the topic that the only activities manager I could remember was Elvis from Jewel. Probably the only reason I remember him was 1. Carly the CD was phoning it in that week and didn't seem to be working all that hard. 2. Elvis ran our meet and mingle and I thought he did an excellent job with that.

Elvis is the man! I have a friend on the Jewel CD Staff so I'll ask her when he's leaving for vacation.

Information provided by cruisers, as of 1/28/15. If you know the name of the Activity Manager onboard one of the ships, please reply. As people change on board ship, please reply.

Adventure OTS –

Allure OTS -

Anthem OTS –

Enchantment OTS –

Freedom OTS -

Independence OTS - Allison

Jewel OTS - Elvis (unsure when he is leaving and if someone will be there prior to Katrina) then Katrina Blair (takes over 4/15)

Legend OTS -

Liberty OTS -

Majesty OTS -

Mariner OTS -

Navigator OTS -

Oasis OTS - Frankie Portera

Radiance OTS -

Rhapsody OTS -

Serenade OTS –

Splendour OTS –

Vision OTS - "Magic" Marvin

Elvis was the AM on Jewel when we cruised on her in July 2013. We have been on many Royal cruises, but he was the best AM we ever had. His energy was contagious throughout the entire cruise. We participated in our first Meet N Mingle on that cruise and he did a fantastic job with that, I will agree. I was disappointed when on our Allure cruise in June 2014 the AM on that (Zach -- I don't know where he is now) did not do as good a job as Elvis did with the Meet N Mingle.

Elvis was the AM on Jewel when we cruised on her in July 2013. We have been on many Royal cruises, but he was the best AM we ever had. His energy was contagious throughout the entire cruise. We participated in our first Meet N Mingle on that cruise and he did a fantastic job with that, I will agree. I was disappointed when on our Allure cruise in June 2014 the AM on that (Zach -- I don't know where he is now) did not do as good a job as Elvis did with the Meet N Mingle.

Elvis is a hoot. I can't remember the name of the AM on the Allure last year, but he was nowhere near as entertaining as Elvis. The M&M on the Allure was pretty bad.

Elvis is a hoot. I can't remember the name of the AM on the Allure last year, but he was nowhere near as entertaining as Elvis. The M&M on the Allure was pretty bad.

That would be Zach Strafford - he went from Allure over to Quantum, and I agree - the activities and entertainment (aside from the main shows) were pitiful. He must be on break now, because I see that Katie is now on Quantum.

Elvis' full name is Elvis Pinto and he is from Chile. He posted this on FB on 12/3/14:

My last contract on the Jewel of the Seas! I will be leaving March 14th and then I don't know!!! where would you like me to go?

Edited by DonnaK

That would be Zach Strafford - he went from Allure over to Quantum, and I agree - the activities and entertainment (aside from the main shows) were pitiful. He must be on break now, because I see that Katie is now on Quantum.

Elvis' full name is Elvis Pinto and he is from Chile. He posted this on FB on 12/3/14:

My last contract on the Jewel of the Seas! I will be leaving March 14th and then I don't know!!! where would you like me to go?

Yes, that was Zach Strafford....on many of the things he did, he was good....but the M&M, no....he was a 'shill' for all the things to do on board, and it wasn't about having us meet each other.

But he was enjoyable in many things he did.

According to a cruise compass from Jan 12 that someone posted online, Moe is the AM on Enchantment.
Moe was the AM on the Vision and left the same day we did and joined the enchantment. [Nov 14, 2014]. So, he should still be there for awhile.

Am I the only one who could care less who the "AM" or "CD" is? We make our own vacations and a good or bad staff member isn't going to affect it.........

I agree that we seldom remember their names . . . or care. However, there are a few that are memorable and do make a difference. Richard Spacey comes to mind.

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

Am I the only one who could care less who the "AM" or "CD" is? We make our own vacations and a good or bad staff member isn't going to affect it.........

Many people don't care, and that's fine.

But, many of us do care. We like to be entertained on a cruise. We need to have stuff to do. We are not content just lying around in the sun, or on the balcony, reading or napping. Some CD/AMs are very talented musicians, comedians or have dynamic personalities. We participate in activities. Some CD/AMs schedule more activities than others, and also are better/funnier/more engaging hosts at those activities than others.

I've been on the same ship twice, a few months apart. The difference in the entire energy/atmosphere onboard was tremendous. The very same activities hosted by one CD were a lot of fun, while they were duds when hosted by the other CD. It did make a difference in our overall enjoyment of the cruise.

I've been on cruises where lounges are empty, the pianos have no one playing, all that is offered during the day is trivia, etc. Boring.

It really makes a different on cold weather cruises, or rainy cruises, when masses of people who would ordinarily be outside are forced indoors. A good CD/AM has these people positively occupied, while they wander around aimlessly/bored/complaining under a dud CD/AM.

Even if YOU don't care who the CD is, this could negatively impact your cruise because your fellow passengers aren't happy or being kept busy.

Edited by DonnaK
  • Like 1