Activity Managers onboard Royal Ships

I was just thinking when I read the topic that the only activities manager I could remember was Elvis from Jewel. Probably the only reason I remember him was 1. Carly the CD was phoning it in that week and didn't seem to be working all that hard. 2. Elvis ran our meet and mingle and I thought he did an excellent job with that.

A recent review from a person who just finished a B2B on Jewel had a picture of Dennis (CD) and Elvis and it said Elvis was being promoted to being a CD, but nobody knew yet where that was. Donna in her CD thread had a speculation.

According to posts on the CD thread:

Zack Strafford is AM on Voyager

Gordon Travis has been AM on Indy since the beginning of February

On Majesty, the full name of the AM is Mauricio Diaz

On Adventure, the full name of the AM is Tino Carillo

Edited by DonnaK

Activities Manager on Allure is Michele Scarpato. He is very good.

Thanks. But disappointed. Adore Cuddy. He's a ton of fun. And he does a great daily guessing contest called "What's in the Bag". Was hoping he was still on Allure for the TA. Oh well....

NJ :)

On the 2/14 Oasis sailing, Frankie Portera was the CD and Kristen "the bean" was the AM. She was fantastic. I can see her being CD one day.

That was the week of the CD conference, so the regular CD was not available, and Frankie stepped up from AM to fill-in for just that one week only until the regular CD returned this week.

That was the week of the CD conference, so the regular CD was not available, and Frankie stepped up from AM to fill-in for just that one week only until the regular CD returned this week.

The challenge now will be to get accurate information from cruisers on ship after 2/22/15, as to who is the AM and CD on the ships. From what I heard, there was going to be some CD changes because someone was unexpectedly leaving the company. That happens in all companies.

Amy Tripp was the AM on Indy during the 2/14/15 sailing and did a wonderful job. I would like to know if she is still the AM or if Gordon Travis returned to the position after his stint as CD that week.

Elise is off the NAV as of today. She has not signed a new contract yet as they are trying to work out a way to get her and her partner together on a ship.

Martin was the AM last week and I *think* he might be staying on as an official AM (vs CD Staff) but I didn't get a clear answer to that.

I have to say - Daniel from the UK was my fave member of the CD Staff - he was SOOO much fun!

Just a hint: Sometimes on the Cruise Compass when the "Morning Show" is listed it will mention that the CD is doing the Morning Show with the Activity Manager and list their name. Take a look the next time you cruise, and share any information you find.

List updated as of 2/23/15

Adventure OTS – Tino Carillo (on board February 2015)

Allure OTS - Michele Scarpat

Anthem OTS –

Brilliance OTS – ??????? ; Chris "Happy" Hopkins started his vacation on 2/21/15 and looking to know who has replaced him now on Brilliance OTS.

Enchantment OTS – Enzo (as of 1/19/15)

Explorer OTS – Erky Uzumail (leaving when contract is over on 2/22/15 when he is acting as CD; looking for name of replacement on ship, until the ship goes into drydock in March 2015)

Freedom OTS - Belle (on board 2/5/15)

Grandeur OTS – Andre (through 5/15)

Independence OTS - Amy Tripp (was AM on 2/14/15 sailing, unsure if she is remaining as AM -- looking to know who is on during the 2/22/15 sailing and after that is possible; Amy did say she was going to be on Anthem when she sails, and hoping as AM on it)

Jewel OTS - Elvis Pinto (until 3/14/15); Katrina Blair then takes over.

Legend OTS - Titi

Liberty OTS - Patricio

Majesty OTS - Mauricio Diaz (still on board as of 2/6/15)

Mariner OTS - Linda (from China)

Navigator OTS - Martin (on 2/14/15 sailing)

Oasis OTS - Kristen "The Bean" (on the 2/14/15 sailing); expecting Frankie Portera to return as AM on 2/21/15 sailing -- looking for confirmation.

Quantum OTS - Katie Turner

Radiance OTS - Saini (will be replaced by Darryl Dyball on 3/21/15 for a 4 month contract)

Rhapsody OTS - "Cruzin" Susan McColl

Serenade OTS – Aysy (began 2/1/5)

Splendour OTS – Daniel Dornas

Vision OTS - "Magic" Marvin

Voyager OTS - Zach Stafford

Now that the CD conference has completed -- things should setting down a bit. Always looking to get information from cruisers as to who is the AM on the cruises you are on.

Just came off of a very nice Indy cruise....Amy Tripp was the AM and was good....so personable. She was the AM to Gordon as the CD. Now lets find is she continues in that role or if Gordon goes back to being AM.

Have you had a good experience on board with an Activity Manager? Let everyone know who it was along with the ship and sailing date.

It is anticipated that changes are happening right now on ships, and it would be helpful to hear from cruisers on board as to who the Activity Manager is, and if you can find out up to what date they expect to be there....but any information would be helpful.

Keeping this thread up to date -- takes help from cruisers on board.

Have you had a good experience on board with an Activity Manager? Let everyone know who it was along with the ship and sailing date.

It is anticipated that changes are happening right now on ships, and it would be helpful to hear from cruisers on board as to who the Activity Manager is, and if you can find out up to what date they expect to be there....but any information would be helpful.

Keeping this thread up to date -- takes help from cruisers on board.

How do we find out who the Sports Manager (director) is on each ship?

Just a hint: Sometimes on the Cruise Compass when the "Morning Show" is listed it will mention that the CD is doing the Morning Show with the Activity Manager and list their name. Take a look the next time you cruise, and share any information you find.

List updated as of 2/23/15

Anthem OTS –

Brilliance OTS – ??????? ; Chris "Happy" Hopkins started his vacation on 2/21/15 and looking to know who has replaced him now on Brilliance OTS.

Explorer OTS – Erky Uzumail (leaving when contract is over on 2/22/15 when he is acting as CD; looking for name of replacement on ship, until the ship goes into drydock in March 2015)

Independence OTS - Amy Tripp (was AM on 2/14/15 sailing, unsure if she is remaining as AM -- looking to know who is on during the 2/22/15 sailing and after that is possible; Amy did say she was going to be on Anthem when she sails, and hoping as AM on it)

Legend OTS - Titi

Liberty OTS - Patricio

Majesty OTS - Mauricio Diaz (still on board as of 2/6/15)

Oasis OTS - Kristen "The Bean" (on the 2/14/15 sailing); expecting Frankie Portera to return as AM on 2/21/15 sailing -- looking for confirmation.

Radiance OTS - Saini (will be replaced by Darryl Dyball on 3/21/15 for a 4 month contract)

Now that the CD conference has completed -- things should setting down a bit. Always looking to get information from cruisers as to who is the AM on the cruises you are on.

Just came off of a very nice Indy cruise....Amy Tripp was the AM and was good....so personable. She was the AM to Gordon as the CD. Now lets find is she continues in that role or if Gordon goes back to being AM.

Hi,

Don't see Cuddy Cudmore's name. Wonder where he's gone???

Cheers,

Hi,

Don't see Cuddy Cudmore's name. Wonder where he's gone???

Cheers,

A few posts back a cruiser provided that Michele Scarpat was the AM on Allure and not Cuddy at this time. Unless he appears on another ship, and a cruiser lets me know, I can't tell where he has gone?

Keeping this thread going takes information provided by cruisers on board.

A few posts back a cruiser provided that Michele Scarpat was the AM on Allure and not Cuddy at this time. Unless he appears on another ship, and a cruiser lets me know, I can't tell where he has gone?

Keeping this thread going takes information provided by cruisers on board.

My guess is that Cuddy is on break now, as he had been on Allure for several months prior. It will likely be 2 months before he reappears, either back on Allure or on another ship.

(Just a tidbit: Michele Scarpato is male - that's the Italian spelling of Michael)

My guess is that Cuddy is on break now, as he had been on Allure for several months prior. It will likely be 2 months before he reappears, either back on Allure or on another ship.

(Just a tidbit: Michele Scarpato is male - that's the Italian spelling of Michael)

I could have sworn Cuddy got promoted to a CD and should start his new gig soon. He was activity manager on Mariner a year or so back and was awesome. He will/would make a great CD.

How do we find out who the Sports Manager (director) is on each ship?

All the information that I gather regarding the Activity Managers on board has come from cruisers on the ships and what they tell me. I have no 'inside information' or a website that I can go to where the Activity Managers are listed.

I would imagine that the only way to find out who the Sports Manager is on a ship is to ask other cruisers who are on ships.

I have never really paid much attention to who the Sports Manager is......I am happy that I can get my waiver signed and my wristband and then enjoy the flowrider on my own time. I am sure others have more interaction with them than I do.

Last week many Activity Managers were filling in for the regular CD on board while the CD was at a conference back in the Home Office for Royal.

Now we need to find out who have returned to their jobs as Activity Managers?

Who is onboard this week?

Looking for current information on the following AM's on board.

Explorer OTS – Who is onboard NOW that Erky Uzumail has completed his contract following his one week stint as CD. Looking to know who is the AM up to the time the ship goes in for drydock in March 2015

Independence OTS - Amy Tripp (was AM on 2/14/15 sailing). Did Gordon Travis return to the position with the 2/22/15 sailing?

ANY OTHER information on the name of the AM on board a ship and perhaps how long they will be on the ship is helpful and appreciated.

The goal of this thread is to give the people who help make our cruises fun the due they deserve.

Looking for current information on the following AM's on board.

Explorer OTS – Who is onboard NOW that Erky Uzumail has completed his contract following his one week stint as CD. Looking to know who is the AM up to the time the ship goes in for drydock in March 2015

Independence OTS - Amy Tripp (was AM on 2/14/15 sailing). Did Gordon Travis return to the position with the 2/22/15 sailing?

ANY OTHER information on the name of the AM on board a ship and perhaps how long they will be on the ship is helpful and appreciated.

The goal of this thread is to give the people who help make our cruises fun the due they deserve.

I think that because of the fog in Tampa - Brilliance has not sailed yet since he got off...it will probably be another week before that gets settled!

List updated as of 2/28/15

Anthem OTS –

Independence OTS - Gordon Travis (thru Mid May 2015)

Legend OTS - Titi

Liberty OTS - Patricio

Majesty OTS - Mauricio Diaz (on board as of 2/6/15)

If you have the opportunity, ask the AM how long they will be on the ship, and perhaps even what is next for them....it is wonderful when cruisers are interested in them.

According to his post on FB on February 21, Cuddy went to the Navigator after his vacation but have no idea in what position.
Interesting info because the CD John Perry is due for vacation in next week or so, but I haven't been able to find out who will be doing the fill-in. Perhaps it will be Cuddy! Edited by DonnaK

Someone just posted over on the CD thread that Elise Stewart was the AM covering for CD John Perry during the conference the week of Feb 15. So, it would appear that Elise took over AM duties from Marvin, and perhaps Cuddy is on Navigator to fill in for John's upcoming break. (just trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together!)

Can anyone confirm???

Edited by DonnaK

Navigator OTS - Looking for some clarification from someone on Navigator, or just off Navigator. Was Elise Stewart the AM or Cuddy Cudsworth or someone else, cruise beginning 2/22/15 or beginning cruise on 3/1/15.

Cuddy remarked on his FB page that he was returning to Navigator, and from reading it, you can infer as the AM....looking for some clarification.

Happy cruising!

Edited by Paulette3028

Navigator OTS - Looking for some clarification from someone on Navigator, or just off Navigator. Was Elise Stewart the AM or Cuddy Cudsworth or someone else, cruise beginning 2/22/15 or beginning cruise on 3/1/15.

Cuddy remarked on his FB page that he was returning to Navigator, and from reading it, you can infer as the AM....looking for some clarification.

Happy cruising!

Elise definitely got off on 2/22 for break. I thought Marvin was covering a few more weeks but if Cuddy is back, it's likely as AM.