Activity Managers onboard Royal Ships

I know a couple of people currently on Grandeur.  I will try to confirm Katrina.  John did say on other social media couple of months ago that "we" are headed to GR so she should be there now.

ETA, they were in Baltimore yesterday and mentioned heading to GR.

Edited by BND

On our last cruise on the Serenade (in 2017) we loved Alison from Aberdeen (Scotland) on the activities staff; I read here that she has advanced to AD (very deserved) but might not return to the Serenade after getting back from her vacation. Too bad, we would have loved to see her again; the activities staff makes such a difference! We'll be again on the Serenade in December and hope to have great AD and CD.

2 hours ago, two4cruise said:

On our last cruise on the Serenade (in 2017) we loved Alison from Aberdeen (Scotland) on the activities staff; I read here that she has advanced to AD (very deserved) but might not return to the Serenade after getting back from her vacation. Too bad, we would have loved to see her again; the activities staff makes such a difference! We'll be again on the Serenade in December and hope to have great AD and CD.

Nice to read things like this....

19 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Christopher Turdo is taking over OV March 8th. Shame, was hoping that his assignment to HM was true.

We were with Christopher Turdo on Symphony a few weeks ago....actually his next to last sailing and then he was off on vacation for two months.  He left Symphony on 2/23.   A two month vacation would have him returning to a ship in mid April....but in the Royal assignment world things change and can change suddenly. 

When we began our cruise, the CD's were completing their conference.....and he was told by one of the of the CD's that he would see him on Ovation when Chris came back from his vacation.....but then Chris got his information from Royal Home office with his assignment to Harmony....but as I said before....assignments change suddenly in the Royal universe.    Chris had been on Ovation before, but as part of the Cruise Director's Entertainment staff, so now he will be Activity Manager.  

Updated  3/3/19 

News of Activity Manager assignments are difficult to get, so EVERYONE’s help is needed. Thanks!  Anyone who can share information about our Activity Managers, PLEASE do so. 

What Activity Manager have you come across? If you can find out how long the Activity Manager on board is remaining with the ship, it would be greatly appreciated.

****Adventure OTS – Clan MacCormaic may have joined the ship in December 2018 for a 4 month contract.

****Allure OTS – Flávio Maeda  was on the sailing that was over Thanksgiving week, since he and Jimmy Rhodes did the traditional “Pardon the Turkey’ gig…..They just posted a picture with the Christmas Tree, wishing everyone a Merry Christmas…..so still there, maybe until March.  Looking to learn more.

****Anthem OTS –  Hanaha (unknown last name) came on board 1/6/19,  not sure if 2 or 4 month contract.

****Brilliance OTS – Saini has been identified as onboard on 11/11. Until when…..is the question?

****Empress OTS – WHO IS ONBOARD NOW that Mickey Martin left on vacation?

****Enchantment OTS – Mosese Vatuloka was onboard as of mid January 2019 sailing, based on a cruisers report to me.

****Explorer OTS – Aysy Sadrislamova was scheduled to be onboard until early October. WHO IS ONBOARD NOW?

****Freedom OTS – Alexander Schmidt returned June 9 until early October.    WHO IS ONBOARD NOW?

****Grandeur OTS – Katrina Blair  has returned on 2/23  for a 4 month contract until  6/13.  I very much appreciate the confirmation from a cruiser.

*****Harmony – Who is currently onboard?

****Independence OTS – Daniel Edward is currently on board, as reported to me by a current cruiser.  Don’t know when he began his contract or for how  long…..if someone can ask him --- wonderful.  We sailed with him as AM a few cruises ago and he was wonderful. 

*****Jewel OTS – Jerry (Gerardo De La Concha Kubli) just started a new contract in November, probably for 4 months.

*****Liberty OTS –   Bernard (unkown last name) has taken over from Enzo Matijaca (Enzo is the CD until he goes to vacation on 1/13/19).

****Majesty OTS – Mauricio Diaz is confirmed to be onboard.  I hope a current cruiser might be able to ask him how long his contract is for.  That would be helpful.

*****Mariner OTS –  Cecy Del Razo should be on since 12/13/18.  Is she still onboard or has Assata Young-Mayers returned? Cecy may have only been covering Assata’s vacation.

*****Navigator OTS –  In drydock right now, until 2/24/19;  It has been reported to me that the 2/24 sailing has been cancelled, since NV is not ready to go after refurb.

*****Oasis OTS – Tresha Robb has returned to Oasis….probably for a 4 month contract until  Early May.

***** Ovation – Christopher Turdo is heading to Ovation on 3/2/19, so I expect he will joing Ovation on Friday, 3/8 when she sails from Sydney.  Trying to find out how long he will be onboard. 

*****Quantum – Who is the current AM on Quantum?

*****Radiance OTS –  Emma from the UK (unknown last name) has been spotted in Early February 2019.  No information on when she started….just that she and her CD Cuddy worked well together.

**** Rhapsody OTS – Eric Lopez  was onboard  as of 11/10 sailing and still on board the NYE cruise.

**** Serenade OTS – Renato Arenas took over 12/10/18.   It is probably a 4 month contract since, Alison Hasler who he took over from is expecting a new assignment on a bigger ship, when she returns from vacation.

**** Symphony OTS – Katy McCullagh  returns on 2/23 for a 4 month contract. I just returned from a sailing on Symphony (had a great time).  Christopher Turdo was Activity Manager.  He is onboard  until 2/23 when he goes on vacation and Katy takes over.

***** Vision OTS – Cecy Del Razo onboard as of 2/23/19

*****Voyager OTS – Troy Zhang was onboard earlier this month (per CD Michelle). Unknown who will replace him when he is on vacation.

Updated  3/5/19 

News of Activity Manager assignments are difficult to get, so EVERYONE’s help is needed. Thanks!  Anyone who can share information about our Activity Managers, PLEASE do so. 

What Activity Manager have you come across? If you can find out how long the Activity Manager on board is remaining with the ship, it would be greatly appreciated.

****Adventure OTS – Clan MacCormaic may have joined the ship in December 2018 for a 4 month contract.

****Allure OTS – Flávio Maeda  was on the sailing that was over Thanksgiving week, since he and Jimmy Rhodes did the traditional “Pardon the Turkey’ gig…..They just posted a picture with the Christmas Tree, wishing everyone a Merry Christmas…..so still there, maybe until March.  Looking to learn more.

****Anthem OTS –  Hanaha (unknown last name) came on board 1/6/19,  not sure if 2 or 4 month contract.

****Brilliance OTS – Saini has been identified as onboard on 11/11. Until when…..is the question?

****Empress OTS – Alexander Schmidt was on the January 21st sailing…..unsure if he is still onboard.  I realize this is from a sailing weeks ago….but it is what a cruiser has shared with me. Looking for more current information from a cruiser.

****Enchantment OTS – Mosese Vatuloka was onboard as of mid January 2019 sailing, based on a cruisers report to me.

****Explorer OTS – Aysy Sadrislamova was scheduled to be onboard until early October. WHO IS ONBOARD NOW?

****Freedom OTS – Alexander Schmidt returned June 9 until early October.    WHO IS ONBOARD NOW?

****Grandeur OTS – Katrina Blair  has returned on 2/23  for a 4 month contract until  6/13.  I very much appreciate the confirmation from a cruiser.

****Independence OTS – Daniel Edward is currently on board, as reported to me by a current cruiser.  Don’t know when he began his contract or for how  long…..if someone can ask him --- wonderful.  We sailed with him as AM a few cruises ago and he was wonderful. 

*****Jewel OTS – Jerry (Gerardo De La Concha Kubli) just started a new contract in November, probably for 4 months.

*****Liberty OTS –   Bernard (unkown last name) has taken over from Enzo Matijaca (Enzo is the CD until he goes to vacation on 1/13/19).

****Majesty OTS – Mauricio Diaz is confirmed to be onboard.  I hope a current cruiser might be able to ask him how long his contract is for.  That would be helpful.

*****Mariner OTS –  Cecy Del Razo should be on since 12/13/18.  Is she still onboard or has Assata Young-Mayers returned? Cecy may have only been covering Assata’s vacation.

*****Navigator OTS –  In drydock right now, until 2/24/19;  It has been reported to me that the 2/24 sailing has been cancelled, since NV is not ready to go after refurb.

*****Oasis OTS – Tresha Robb has returned to Oasis….probably for a 4 month contract until  Early May.

***** Ovation – Christopher Turdo is heading to Ovation on 3/2/19, so I expect he will joing Ovation on Friday, 3/8 when she sails from Sydney.  Trying to find out how long he will be onboard. 

*****Radiance OTS –  Emma from the UK (unknown last name) has been spotted in Early February 2019.  No information on when she started….just that she and her CD Cuddy worked well together.

**** Rhapsody OTS – Eric Lopez  was onboard  as of 11/10 sailing and still on board the NYE cruise.

**** Serenade OTS – Renato Arenas took over 12/10/18.   It is probably a 4 month contract since, Alison Hasler who he took over from is expecting a new assignment on a bigger ship, when she returns from vacation.

**** Symphony OTS – Katy McCullagh  returns on 2/23 for a 4 month contract. I just returned from a sailing on Symphony (had a great time).  Christopher Turdo was Activity Manager.  He is onboard  until 2/23 when he goes on vacation and Katy takes over.

*****Voyager OTS – Troy Zhang was onboard earlier this month (per CD Michelle). Unknown who will replace him when he is on vacation.

Updated  3/7/19 

What Activity Manager have you come across?  Post the name, ship and sailing date to help keep this thread as accurate as possible.

****Adventure OTS – Clan MacCormaic may have joined the ship in December 2018 for a 4 month contract.  As per the cruise compass dated 3/1/19 (which I just saw) Clan MacCormaic is still on board.

****Empress OTS – Alexander Schmidt was on the January 21st sailing…..unsure if he is still onboard.  I realize this is from a sailing weeks ago….but it is what a cruiser has shared with me. Looking for more current information from a cruiser.

Updated  3/9/19 

What Activity Manager have you come across?  Post the name, ship and sailing date to help keep this thread as accurate as possible.

****Adventure OTS – Clan MacCormaic may have joined the ship in December 2018 for a 4 month contract.  As per the cruise compass dated 3/1/19 (which I just saw) Clan MacCormaic is still on board.

***** Ovation – Christopher Turdo should be onboard effective on the March 8 sailing from Sydney.

**** Symphony OTS – Katy McCullagh  returned on 2/23 for a 4 month contract.

13 hours ago, Paulette3028 said:

Updated  3/9/19 

***** Ovation – Christopher Turdo should be onboard effective on the March 8 sailing from Sydney.

Jewel is the delightful Luana from Brazil.

Angelle is on vacation, replaced on Ovation on 8 March by Christopher Turdo as you have already noted. Angelle will be back in May but I don't know what date or if it will be back to Ovation or elsewhere.

Edited by sofmall

Updated  3/12/19 

****Explorer OTS – Aysy Sadrislamova is onboard from information by a cruiser who sailed on Explorer in early March 2019.

****Freedom OTS –    WHO IS ONBOARD NOW?

*****Jewel OTS – Luana from Brazil has been reported to be onboard on 3/10/19.  Don’t know when she started or for how long she will be there.

*****Mariner OTS –  Assata Young-Mayers is currently is filling in as the CD  and doing the Activity Manager responsibilities, this is based on a private message she sent to me on 3/11/19. 

**** Rhapsody OTS – Gemma Frances was onboard the sailing that completed on 3/2/19.  No information on when started or for how long.

Updated  3/16/19   --- Just a note that I try to post this every few days, if I get a few pieced of new information.  So keep sharing!

****Adventure OTS –Keyan (pronounced Key-in) is on board as per as cruiser on the sailing during the week of 3/14.  Keyan is from Ireland, and has been reported as ‘very entertaining’. He must have just arrived on board, because someone else had been the AM earlier in March.  The norm is a 4 month contract, unless Keyan is doing a vacation fill-in.  Time will tell.

****Allure OTS – Kim (last name unknown) was the AM on the 2/17/19 sailing, as given to me by a cruiser on that sailing.  Unsure if Kim is just covering for Flavio Maeda’s vacation or if Kim is on for a regular contract period. 

****Explorer OTS – Aysy Sadrislamova is onboard from information by a cruiser who sailed on Explorer in early March 2019.

****Freedom OTS – WHO IS ONBOARD NOW?

****Independence OTS – Allison (unknown last name) from the UK was onboard in early March 2019, based on report from cruiser during that timeframe.

*****Jewel OTS – Luana from Brazil has been reported to be onboard on 3/10/19.  Don’t know when she started or for how long she will be there.

*****Mariner OTS –  Assata Young-Mayers is currently filling in the CD role and handling the Activity Manager responsibilities, this is based on a private message she sent to me on 3/11/19.

***** Ovation – Christopher Turdo should be onboard effective on the March 8 sailing from Sydney.  He will be on Ovation until 5/13/19.

**** Rhapsody OTS – Gemma Frances was onboard the sailing that completed on 3/2/19.  No information on when started or for how long.

Cian MacCormaic is still on AD. "Key-an" is how his name is pronounced, so I'm guessing that the cruiser didn't see his name and only relied on the pronunciation.

Alison Hasler is on ID, Jerry Kubli on FR, Daniel Edward on NV and Daniel Dornas is on HM.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

Currently aboard Oasis.  Our Cruise Director is named Mike and we attended the Q&A with him and Captain Joran Petersen a few hours ago.  Who is the Tresha person of whom you speak?

Edited by Agavegirl1
Spelling

23 minutes ago, Agavegirl1 said:

Currently aboard Oasis.  Our Cruise Director is named Mike and we attended the Q&A with him and Captain Joran Petersen a few hours ago.  Who is the Tresha person of whom you speak?

This thread is for Activities Managers, not Cruise Directors. Tresha was AM on Oasis but is now on vacation. Current AM is Nick.

2 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Cian MacCormaic is still on AD. "Key-an" is how his name is pronounced, so I'm guessing that the cruiser didn't see his name and only relied on the pronunciation.

Alison Hasler is on ID, Jerry Kubli on FR, Daniel Edward on NV and Daniel Dornas is on HM.

3/16/19   --- Just a note that I try to post this every few days, if I get a few pieced of new information.  So keep sharing!Updated

****Adventure OTS –Keyan (pronounced Key-in) is on board as per as cruiser on the sailing during the week of 3/14.  Keyan is from Ireland, and has been reported as ‘very entertaining’. He must have just arrived on board, because someone else had been the AM earlier in March.  The norm is a 4 month contract, unless Keyan is doing a vacation fill-in.  Time will tell.

****Allure OTS – Kim (last name unknown) was the AM on the 2/17/19 sailing, as given to me by a cruiser on that sailing.  Unsure if Kim is just covering for Flavio Maeda’s vacation or if Kim is on for a regular contract period. 

****Freedom OTS – WHO IS ONBOARD NOW?

****Independence OTS – Allison (unknown last name) from the UK was onboard in early March 2019, based on report from cruiser during that timeframe.

*****Mariner OTS –  Assata Young-Mayers is currently filling in the CD role and handling the Activity Manager responsibilities, this is based on a private message she sent to me on 3/11/19.

***** Ovation – Christopher Turdo should be onboard effective on the March 8 sailing from Sydney.  He will be on Ovation until 5/13/19.