"My Viking Journey

kathy9

Wow... Got an email to join my viking journey!

In just 7 days I will be able to book shore excursions and make my dining reservations online! Also spa appointments....

Viking Oceans has joined the 21st computer age of the Internet.

Kathy

Edited by kathy9

Wow! It works. I just created my account and was able to view everything we've been seeing here on Cruise Critic. The new information is The Spa menu. It looks like reservations will be able to be made prior to boarding the ship.

Thanks for sharing Kathy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Kathy for this, much appreciated.

Even here in the UK the site is working and I was able to register and see my booking (September 2015 departure).

Tours are not yet loaded but the rest of the information re dining arrangements etc are there. I see they have also expanded the FAQ's.

Glad I have been able to source tour information from various postings on CC for the maiden cruise visiting the same ports as we are visiting in September.

It does appear to be working farther than just the creation of an account. Because we are in the reservation window, I was able to make spa appointments.

Things to check when your window opens.

Check your Passenger Information Forms. The Country of Passport Origin did not seem to transfer from the Viking River form. And when you try and add this, you get in an endless loop of "Save" and "Submit" buttons. I've reported the bug to Viking

If you were one of the lucky ones who've already done this by phone, check your Main Dining Room preference of early or late seating. Although my specialty restaurant reservations were there, the regular dining room preference was not. It's easy to fix - just a couple of clicks.

Also, when your window opens, I did not see any of the "numbers" for the excursions, like TRIST01 - now it appears they are just going by the name of the excursions. So my spreadsheet that's all nicely filled in with Excursion IDs needs some major reworking.

Good news is that nothing seems to have changed as far as the itinerary and excursions, and they are indeed making progress.

Got the email invitation, BUT.......when I tried to submit it got an error message. So I followed algaes advice and I'm in! Of course I can't make reservations just yet, but it's promising! Yay!

Edited by loum140
more info

I must admit after having had some time to explore My Viking Journey on my PC and not my iphone I find it to be a very comprehensive and well done guest web portal! Very easy to use and intuitive. I like the features about the individual ports and the wish list feature.

Too bad no one from Viking Oceans reads CC as I want to say

well done Viking Oceans!

Kathy

We are cruising 2015 but no port times. Where are you seeing the port times? Thanks.

I think it's under My Calendar. It has arrival and departure times blocked in, then I'm guessing when you purchase options or book included tours or make dinner reservations they will appear and you can print out each page to carry with you??? Anyway, I hope that's how it will work.

I think it's under My Calendar. It has arrival and departure times blocked in, then I'm guessing when you purchase options or book included tours or make dinner reservations they will appear and you can print out each page to carry with you??? Anyway, I hope that's how it will work.

Thanks. I checked today and they are banded out. Viking cut two of our port days short from the original schedule I was given for the 7/25 Viking Homelands.

Viking, if you are reading this, fix your Guest Information Form. I don't mind the incomplete import of our information from already provided sources. But at least get the form to work.

For my spouse, the form will not allow a switch to the appropriate choice once her passport information is provided. Given that can not be set properly the form is incomplete and fails to save.

Thanks for posting this info about the site. I've been so busy planning my days in port I forgot to check Viking's website for updates!

So I'm curious: When do you "maidens" in suites, and in deluxe verandas, get to book your dinner reservations? Are people able to book now? I'm sure the folks in suites get any time, date and venue they want, but I'm curious to see how everything shakes out when it comes time for the deluxe veranda people can book. I'm not picky on dates, but I don't like eating late, so I'm hoping we'll be fine. Oceania has a similar scheme and schedule, and even though we book inside cabins (last to book specialty reservations) it has never been a problem getting decent times and dates. I'm hoping it will be the same with Viking, but only time will tell, I guess!

As for included excursions, do you have to "book" those, I assume? When there are multiple times, are any of the times already taken?

We're in a DV and can book excursions Feb. 7 and restaurants some time after that. I just don't remember the exact date. I'm more concerned about the excursions we want to take than dinners.

Thanks! I'll check back after Feb. 7 to see how you did.

Love the new info; thanks, Kathy. I'm 173 days from booking, but I love the stuff like new, excellent maps with port location identified (under excursions, have to push "learn more" to get them if you're not in the reservation window). For late Sept. cruise there are a few port times that show an hour earlier arrival times. Assume that reflects when the ship plans to arrive in port based on journey times, tides, etc. and we should plan on adding a half hour to hour for port and Viking folks to tie us up, get the gangplank down, get clearance by the authorities, etc. It really doesn't matter because whether we arrive at 6 or 7 am, I am likely to be asleep or eating, no matter how much I want to go out and explore. The departure times are still what Neil told me about earlier, so that's good.

Husband's data for pax form is fine, but one piece of mine needs to be changed, and I experienced the same bug a couple of you have reported.

We're in the Penthouse Junior Suite category and it's been over a week since we reserved, but we had to do it all by phone. Everything transferred to the new online system except some of the passport info and the early dining time for the main restaurant. That was easily remedied with a few clicks. As of yesterday, nothing had filled up, but that's likely to change as more passengers reserve. I don't think you'll have too much trouble in the main dining room. I don't know how long they'll hold our 6:30 reservations, but let's say they'll hold them for 15 minutes until 6:45. If you don't get early seating, then I'd show up at 6:45 as some of the early diners won't have shown up and you can grab a spot.

What you may have trouble with is getting specialty restaurants on Sea Days or spa appointments on Sea Days and any shore excursions that say "limited numbers"

It appears that the Passport info section of the guest information form has been fixed.

Thanks. I checked my info and it's showing up correctly now. Also looked at destinations section and they have added yet more information (at least for my Sept. cruise) than was there yesterday.

Edited by roothy123