Dear NCL- Love ya but please add some Craft Beers!

tinawhitecar

Just completed a 7day sailing on the EPIC. Had a great time! (this was my 4th NCL cruise)

Would so enjoy the cruise more with a Craft Beer Selection. Especially IPA's.

The beer selection currently is pitiful. :(

Please Norwegian- hear our beer cry! :D

They usually load up on Alaska Brewery beers during the Alaska cruise season. They aren't exactly the best, but are a step in the right direction. They have an IPA, Pale Ale, and a Stout. They are all pretty good....or excellent compared to the rest of the usual selections.

They usually load up on Alaska Brewery beers during the Alaska cruise season. They aren't exactly the best, but are a step in the right direction. They have an IPA, Pale Ale, and a Stout. They are all pretty good....or excellent compared to the rest of the usual selections.

Alaskan Amber is VERY good. If they have it you will enjoy it.

6&8

• 3 weeks later...
Just completed a 7day sailing on the EPIC. Had a great time! (this was my 4th NCL cruise)

Would so enjoy the cruise more with a Craft Beer Selection. Especially IPA's.

The beer selection currently is pitiful.

Please Norwegian- hear our beer cry! :D

Was just looking for a NCL email to request they include an IPA or two to their beer list!:) Especially on the Breakaway from my home port!;):cool: Please NCL see what you can do for us Craft Beer luvers!:D Thanks!:cool:

This is very disappointing! We sail on the Getaway in April and my mother in law purchased the ultimate drink package for us all. My husband and I love a good IPA. They don't have any at all? What is the best beer they do offer? I do realize this is a subjective

question ☺

I guess I will have to default to corona.surely they have it?

They were VERY excited when they told us the Getaway would have Brooklyn Lager.

They are clueless.

The beer selection is worse than pitiful.

We had the UBP on the BA before they raised the limits. DH ordered a Brooklyn, the bartender poured it, and then told H that it wasn't included (even though DH showed his sticker when he ordered). DH told him he was not paying extra for it, and that the bartender could dump it, and get him a Newcastle, or give it to him for free (which he did). I think it was the only beer not on the UDP at the time, who knows why?!

This is very disappointing! We sail on the Getaway in April and my mother in law purchased the ultimate drink package for us all. My husband and I love a good IPA. They don't have any at all? What is the best beer they do offer? I do realize this is a subjective

question ☺

I guess I will have to default to corona.surely they have it?

A good IPA you will not find. Corona, yes. I too love NCL, but the beer selection sucks. However, do go from bar to bar. On rare occasion, one bar may have a better beer in stock that the others don't have.

NCL...I realize that there are hundreds of micro/craft breweries and you can't stock many. So just keep it simple at first. How about just some Sierra Nevada. It's a national brand and their beers are all pretty good. Lagunitas has 3 or 4 that are very good. These are bigger brands and should be available at most home port locations. Just start with these or similar and see how it goes.

Edited by roger001

I had to laugh when I saw a picture of a beer menu... And it listed those exotic locales of St Louis etc for the crap beer they sell. I will drink a corona or dos Equis on vacation, but hailing from Portland Oregon--Hubby is going to be going through good beer withdrawals.

NCL...I realize that there are hundreds of micro/craft breweries and you can't stock many. So just keep it simple at first. How about just some Sierra Nevada. It's a national brand and their beers are all pretty good. Lagunitas has 3 or 4 that are very good. These are bigger brands and should be available at most home port locations. Just start with these or similar and see how it goes.

Agreed! Just keep some Lagunitas Lil Sumpin' Sumpin' on board and all will be well... :p

On a related note: We'll be on the Star in May and since we'll be in Europe (Norway), are the beers more International in flavor or is it still Bud, Miller, Corona, etc.? Inquiring minds need to know, especially since we have the UBP!

Jim

Agreed! Just keep some Lagunitas Lil Sumpin' Sumpin' on board and all will be well... :p

On a related note: We'll be on the Star in May and since we'll be in Europe (Norway), are the beers more International in flavor or is it still Bud, Miller, Corona, etc.? Inquiring minds need to know, especially since we have the UBP!

Jim

Beer selection is basically the same everywhere. Most of our cruises are in Europe and as far as I can tell the beer list is exactly the same as for cruises from the US.

As far as I know, the only local beers that are stocked are the Alaska brewery ones on Alaskan itineraries.

They have Alaskan beers on many Alaskan sailings, Wynwood Blonde on the Getaway, and the Escape will have a huge Wynwood selection. It's otherwise been long established that three beer selection is dismal. But the Escape plans have ensured NCL is listening top us who have been grumbling for the last decade.

A Sam Adams, Newcastle, Bass are about the best you can hope for on other ships, though I don't know about the Breakaway. No IPAs in sight elsewhere, but I'm sure the Escape will have one. Frustrating, I know. Doesn't ruin our drinking, though. :)