Confiscated items

Cruising4

So, let's say they find something of concern in my checked bag. It could be a power strip, fan, vodka or an iron.

On NCL you receive a notice instead of your bag directing you to a location. Your bag is opened/searched while you are present.

What's the procedure on CCL?

So, let's say they find something of concern in my checked bag. It could be a power strip, fan, vodka or an iron.

On NCL you receive a notice instead of your bag directing you to a location. Your bag is opened/searched while you are present.

If your luggage is unlocked they will open it. They will leave a note advising that a search was done. If they confiscated anything the note will advise you where to pick up the item at the end of the cruise. Any opened liquor will be dumped and not returned.

If your luggage is locked you will receive a note to report to a specific room and they will open it in front of you. This happened to us when the thought a metal coffee cup was an iron.

Edited by PegNRay
sp

You might get called to the naughty room. Confiscated items will be removed and returned to you at the end of the cruise if they are legal items. Your luggage may be searched without you being present if the luggage is unlocked.

I've never had my fan or power strip confiscated.

Thanks,

I think we'll lock our bags. Not planning on bringing any contraband but like you said, things are not always as they appear on an x-ray.

The thought of a stranger rummaging through my suitcase freaks me out!

A few years ago the TSA removed an item from my cosmetics bag and I still cannot figure out what they took?!

Thanks,

QUOTE]

A stranger is still going to rummage thru your bags,,, they'll just do it after you remove the lock, then after you step back,,, they'll search your luggage.

Thanks,

QUOTE]

A stranger is still going to rummage thru your bags,,, they'll just do it after you remove the lock, then after you step back,,, they'll search your luggage.

Don't travel out of the country because at customs it can happen anytime

Are power strips not allowed?? I swear I brought a tiny Belkin travel one last cruise.

Also, curling irons, etc are not banned are they? Just regular clothes irons?

Depends and there is no hard and fast Pass/Do Not Pass

If the electrical cords appear to be in good shape and safe to use (at the discretion of the inspector),, then these items will be allowed on board.

If the electrical cord shows signs of excessive wear and tear,,, then these items may be confiscated.

If you took a look at my wifes curling iron, you would see that it's a couple of years old. When she finishes using it, she just wraps the cord around the iron.

It's tangled, shows signs of some melting spots,,,,:eek: it's friggin scary.

This curling iron would be confiscated (I would hope)