Are there any secrets to booking on board?

kona_wahine

We sail in April and we've kind of decided on a B2B on the Breeze next year. This would be a 6 day the an 8 day. I'm leaning towards an aft for the extra balcony room since its two weeks. I definitely don't want to change rooms. Just wondered if there is any advice experienced cruisers can give me. Figured if we are going to book might as well get a little OBC. :D

I was looking at an aft deck 9 but they are all booked, so looking at deck 8 I guess.

We sail in April and we've kind of decided on a B2B on the Breeze next year. This would be a 6 day the an 8 day. I'm leaning towards an aft for the extra balcony room since its two weeks. I definitely don't want to change rooms. Just wondered if there is any advice experienced cruisers can give me. Figured if we are going to book might as well get a little OBC. :D

I was looking at an aft deck 9 but they are all booked, so looking at deck 8 I guess.

Do your research before you get to the ship in April. Have a few cabin choices in your pocket. Then when you get on board and you know you will be doing the cruise in 2016, go to the FCD early in the cruise. The later you go, the busier it can be.

Make sure the future cruise booking person knows what they are doing.

Hayden on the Victory has not one clue.

I sailed last week on Victory. Tried to book the Pride for April 2016 in a particular cabin.

I got a special of 99. deposit and since it was a 6 day I would get 75.00 cabin credit.

so i am booking and he tells me I am not entitled to the sale as it is only for cruises up til the end of Dec 2015 so I can not use the 99.00 deposit nor would i get the cabin credit.

Good thing I am sailing on the Splendor on Sunday because NOW I will research that sale to see what it is I am entitled to for booking a cruise so far in advance.

You will need 400.00 deposit. on a credit card- not the sign and sail card

I sailed last week on Victory. Tried to book the Pride for April 2016 in a particular cabin.

I got a special of 99. deposit and since it was a 6 day I would get 75.00 cabin credit.

so i am booking and he tells me I am not entitled to the sale as it is only for cruises up til the end of Dec 2015 so I can not use the 99.00 deposit nor would i get the cabin credit.

Good thing I am sailing on the Splendor on Sunday because NOW I will research that sale to see what it is I am entitled to for booking a cruise so far in advance.

I can understand the item about the $99 deposit ending Dec 2015 since that occurs fairly often. However, you should get the OBC regardless.

Yes I agree. Please be vigilant with these future cruise reps. On more than one occasion they have screwed up my bookings.

First one booked us using a reduced deposit. Everything seemed fine until we got home and noticed our room was back up for sale. The rep had screwed up our booking and it got cancelled because carnival said we didn't pay the full deposit. An error on his part for not inputting the correct info.

Second rep on another cruise did not listen to me. I told her I wanted a refundable rate. She offered me past guest. I asked for military, but she insisted it was the same price and refundable and less paperwork for me to submit. I get home and call carnival to make a few adjustments and I find out she booked me under early saver. Needless to say I was furious and she did not get any favorable reviews from me in the survey.

Just watch these guys like a hawk. I personally think they are not as trained as the land based reps.

Edited by gone_cruisin

Yes I agree. Please be vigilant with these future cruise reps. On more than one occasion they have screwed up my bookings.

First one booked us using a reduced deposit. Everything seemed fine until we got home and noticed our room was back up for sale. The rep had screwed up our booking and it got cancelled because carnival said we didn't pay the full deposit. An error on his part for not inputting the correct info.

Second rep on another cruise did not listen to me. I told her I wanted a refundable rate. She offered me past guest. I asked for military, but she insisted it was the same price and refundable and less paperwork for me to submit. I get home and call carnival to make a few adjustments and I find out she booked me under early saver. Needless to say I was furious and she did not get any favorable reviews from me in the survey.

Just watch these guys like a hawk. I personally think they are not as trained as the land based reps.

I guess I have been fortunate to have quality Carnival reps do the booking while on board. You will get paperwork for the future cruise before you exit the ship so just double-check it to make sure it is what you were expecting.

I guess I have been fortunate to have quality Carnival reps do the booking while on board. You will get paperwork for the future cruise before you exit the ship so just double-check it to make sure it is what you were expecting.

I've always looked at the paperwork immediately. This last cruise, no where on the paperwork did it identify what rate I was booked under.

I've had good reps too. Unfortunately the last two were worthless.

I've sent multiple recommendations to Carnival to allow people to book directly on carnivals fun hub computers. I dislike not being able to do the bookings myself. If leaves too much room for error and I'm not able to check my bookings until after I get back on land.

I've tried using the free site from the fun hubs but the internet is sooooo slow for the free sites, I don't have the time or patience to wait an hour for my booking to get uploaded.

Yikes, now I a little nervous. I have only booked myself thru their website. Thanks for all the feedback and I will make sure I do my research and know exactly what I want.

No need to be nervous. Just come prepared and it is a very easy process. If you know the ship, sail date(s), cabin(s), and price it goes very smoothly.

Yikes, now I a little nervous. I have only booked myself thru their website. Thanks for all the feedback and I will make sure I do my research and know exactly what I want.

You're wise to hesitate, there are risks to booking on board as you have read here. Also, we've never found the wait times at the FCD and the time it takes to book there worth stopping our vacation mid-cruise.