Wine on Back to Back.

mr green

We are going on a B2B in a couple of months, so, a simple question.

'Can we take 4 bottles of wine without penalty?' We sail to Hawaii from Vancouver, return to Vancouver, and then the new cruise, [different cabin], a Pacific Coastal, returning once again to Vancouver.

john

We are going on a B2B in a couple of months, so, a simple question.

'Can we take 4 bottles of wine without penalty?' We sail to Hawaii from Vancouver, return to Vancouver, and then the new cruise, [different cabin], a Pacific Coastal, returning once again to Vancouver.

john

I can only tell you how they handled that in Fort Lauderdale. We did the same (including changing cabins) on a B2B a year ago. We brought on 4 bottles of wine and had to show our second boarding pass (that was the only time we had to show it so make sure you have a hard copy with you). They took the 2 bottles we designated as for the second cruise and, in return, gave us a receipt with our name, both cabin numbers, and the names and vintages of the wines and promised we would get them in our cabin on our last night of the initial cruise. When we came back from a shore excursion in the late afternoon (of the last day of the first cruise) our 2 bottles of wine in yet another Princess shopping bag were waiting for us.

I can only tell you how they handled that in Fort Lauderdale. We did the same (including changing cabins) on a B2B a year ago. We brought on 4 bottles of wine and had to show our second boarding pass (that was the only time we had to show it so make sure you have a hard copy with you). They took the 2 bottles we designated as for the second cruise and, in return, gave us a receipt with our name, both cabin numbers, and the names and vintages of the wines and promised we would get them in our cabin on our last night of the initial cruise. When we came back from a shore excursion in the late afternoon (of the last day of the first cruise) our 2 bottles of wine in yet another Princess shopping bag were waiting for us.

Many thanks. That is the way that I thought that it would be handled.

john

It was a little different on our B2B out of FLL last month. We were one of the first ones through priority embarkation line and may have been the first to be shuttled to the wine table by the Xray operator.

We had 12 bottles and told them we were doing the back to back so we should be allowed 4 bottles of the 12 for free. They didnt ask for the second boarding pass and asked me to pick out 8 of the 12 that I wanted the stamp on that we paid corkage for, they stamped those, and then wrote us a ship charge slip for 8 bottles * $15 which ended up on our shipboard account that evening. We were allowed to carry all 12 bottles on at that time.

It was a little odd trying to reconcile the charges onboard as it was from a dining room and had a base charge and a second gratuity charge which added together was the total $120 for the 8*$15 corkage.

Edited by Dudleydog73

Our b2b boarding was embarking from Buenos Aires however it was the Princess crew who monitored the procedure. My experience is that it can vary depending on how the crewmember interprets and applies the procedure more than from what port. ;)

We had our boarding passes for the 2nd leg (same cabin) but they were still hesitant to allow us to bring our 4 bottles without a fee. They allowed us to bring all 4 bottles by "promising" to not bring more on turnaround day in Valparaiso. We kept our promise although they only had port security & we didn't see any "alcohol" table when boarding the ship.

Edited by Astro Flyer