Royal Caribbean wedding help!

Hello everyone,

My Fiancé and I decided to take our close family & friends on a cruise to celebrate our wedding. We will be doing a 4 day cruise out of Miami on Majesty of the Seas. I understand this is one of their older boats but it is what we could afford for the amount of people we are taking with us. Does anyone have any experiences with onboard cruise weddings? Do you recommend weddings at port, at sea or on a beach? We have about 20 quests and I am trying to make plans for the ceremony. I want something nice but simple..any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Brianna

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We did a RCCL wedding at sea and it was amazing. It was on a sea day and done by the captain. RCCL has set packages with all the details lined up. There is a brochure on their website. We did it on a larger ship and had about 60 guests. You will want to work with the wedding department and the groups department. The wedding department will handle the ceremony details and handle a reception if you want after (you can rent out a lounge privately and have a band or DJ with drinks and appetizers).

The groups department or your travel agent will handle your group reservation & dining. You can all sit together in the main dining room and the groups department will give you the dining room table layout and you can set the seating arrangement. You should also get group credit that you can use towards various items.

Personally - I would look for a 4 night cruise on a larger ship. You can find for about the same price if your dates are flexible. Majesty is ok if that is your only option. I would ask to be married in the Viking Crown Lounge with windows overlooking the sea. :)

• 2 years later...
Hello everyone,

My Fiancé and I decided to take our close family & friends on a cruise to celebrate our wedding. We will be doing a 4 day cruise out of Miami on Majesty of the Seas. I understand this is one of their older boats but it is what we could afford for the amount of people we are taking with us. Does anyone have any experiences with onboard cruise weddings? Do you recommend weddings at port, at sea or on a beach? We have about 20 quests and I am trying to make plans for the ceremony. I want something nice but simple..any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Brianna

What did you end up doing? I am looking at Majesty for 2018