Getting to Blue Lagoon???

amandajean06

Hi all!

We are sailing on the Enchantment OTS next month, and are considering the Blue Lagoon Beach Day excursion. My question is, it looks like we have to travel twice to get there, is that correct? Once to get to Paradise Island, and once to get to Blue Lagoon on their ferry boat.

What is the best way to get to Paradise Island? We will have our 13 month old son with us, and I was hoping to avoid taxis and buses if possible, but is that our only option? Thank you in advance for your help. =)

Just wondering if you ship offers an excursion there? I normally don't take ship excursions, but this is one that after a lot of research, I found that it would just be easier to use the ship excursion that to do it on my own...and a lot faster.

With the ship excursion, we met our boat to take us over to Blue Lagoon right there on the dock after getting off the ship. We didn't even have to go outside the port. It took us straight over to Blue Lagoon. On the way back we did stop at Paradise to let some passengers off, but this wasn't but a few minutes. It was an awesome day and I would say if you ship offers it as an excursion, do it. It will save time and the hassle of finding a cab and driving over to Paradise in traffic and vice versa.

I have a complete review of our day at Blue Lagoon listed in my signature line. It has TONS of pictures included if you are interested.

We like blue lagoon, but IMO it is not worth the cost when you are on enchantment 3 day, since it arrives at noon in nassau. We arrived at blue lagoon around 2 and took the 5:00 ferry back...it included lunch, but we were not there at lunch...

We will go again, but only when our ship arrives earlier.

Edited by Cruzin RN

We like blue lagoon, but IMO it is not worth the cost when you are on enchantment 3 day, since it arrives at noon in nassau. We arrived at blue lagoon around 2 and took the 5:00 ferry back...it included lunch, but we were not there at lunch...

Did you have a private ferry with your excursion or the ones offered by Blue Lagoon? I know the ferry times are very restrictive. Our ship arrives at 7:30am...which means either catching the 8:30am ferry (too early) or 10:30am ferry (too late) and ship leaves at 2pm...which only return ferry option is 1pm which is cutting it a bit close.

We are actually on the 4 day, so we have a super long day in port. Nassau isn't my favorite by any means, and I have had my fill of the walking/shopping type stuff. Hoping this will be a good alternative for us! Thanks!

Just wondering if you ship offers an excursion there? I normally don't take ship excursions, but this is one that after a lot of research, I found that it would just be easier to use the ship excursion that to do it on my own...and a lot faster.

With the ship excursion, we met our boat to take us over to Blue Lagoon right there on the dock after getting off the ship. We didn't even have to go outside the port. It took us straight over to Blue Lagoon. On the way back we did stop at Paradise to let some passengers off, but this wasn't but a few minutes. It was an awesome day and I would say if you ship offers it as an excursion, do it. It will save time and the hassle of finding a cab and driving over to Paradise in traffic and vice versa.

I have a complete review of our day at Blue Lagoon listed in my signature line. It has TONS of pictures included if you are interested.

Thank you so much! I will look into our ship's options. Your photo review is actually what sold me on Blue Lagoon, so thank you for that! =)

The cruise ship excursion was amazing. We just returned yesterday from the 4day Enchantment. We were in Nassau for 2 days due to missed port of call in Coco Cay.

We booked through the cruiseline the morning of ( did not want to book ahead of time, due to varying weather in Feb.). Met directly outside the ship at 10am and took the ferry directly to BlueLagoon Island. The ferry ride over was beautiful. So many sites to see. It took somewhere around 45 minutes but it was so worth the trip. The ferry offers beverages to purchase for the ride over.

The Lagoon was perfect for us. The day we went it was very, very windy in Nassau, but you wouldn't know it once you made it to the Lagoon. It was sheltered from the wind. The sun was bright and the water was beautiful. Swimming in the Lagoon was amazing...the water flowed into the lagoon from the ocean with just a very small current perfect for floating around.

We have done many beach break excursions and The Blue Lagoon Island ranks very high up on our most favorite excursion.

The ferry back made one quick stop to drop off some employees on Paradise Island.

The RC excursion quotes 4 hours, but it can be longer if you take the last ferry back at 4pm. (10am-4pm)

The cruise ship excursion was amazing. We just returned yesterday from the 4day Enchantment. We were in Nassau for 2 days due to missed port of call in Coco Cay.

We booked through the cruiseline the morning of ( did not want to book ahead of time, due to varying weather in Feb.). Met directly outside the ship at 10am and took the ferry directly to BlueLagoon Island. The ferry ride over was beautiful. So many sites to see. It took somewhere around 45 minutes but it was so worth the trip. The ferry offers beverages to purchase for the ride over.

The Lagoon was perfect for us. The day we went it was very, very windy in Nassau, but you wouldn't know it once you made it to the Lagoon. It was sheltered from the wind. The sun was bright and the water was beautiful. Swimming in the Lagoon was amazing...the water flowed into the lagoon from the ocean with just a very small current perfect for floating around.

We have done many beach break excursions and The Blue Lagoon Island ranks very high up on our most favorite excursion.

The ferry back made one quick stop to drop off some employees on Paradise Island.

The RC excursion quotes 4 hours, but it can be longer if you take the last ferry back at 4pm. (10am-4pm)

This sounds like perfect hours. Blue Lagoon looks amazing. I so wish our ship didn't depart at 2pm.

We just visited the Blue Lagoon 2 days ago. Even though we didn't participate in any of the dolphin experiences, my son (3 years old) and I were able to stick around and watch the others. Once it was done we walked over to the beach to play and have lunch. We would've had a few hours to chill at the beach, except Mother Nature decided to play a cruel joke on us; it rained most of the time so we took the early ferry boat back to our ship. We still had a lovely time and hope to visit again when the weather is nicer.

We plan to book the Blue Lagoon dolphin encounter through our cruise line. We were wondering if we would be able to spend any time on the beach also or will this be only Dolphins then returning to ship.

Your dolphin (or sea lion) encounter ticket encounter) includes free use of the beach and loungers. It does not include lunch or use of the beach toys (floats, etc.). You would have to pay for those. Otherwise you can upgrade to a full "beach day" pass.

As quoted from their website (http://www.dolphinencounters.com/island-all.php):

FREE BEACH ACCESS To All Guests Participating In Animal Programs

All guests that participate in a Dolphin Encounters interactive marine mammal program receive FREE access to our private lagoon beach and facilities. Enjoy the seclusion and natural beauty of Blue Lagoon Island for the day. Water sports, lunch and drinks from our beach bar are available at an additional charge.

Add the Beach Day Package to Your Animal Program and Enjoy the Best of Blue Lagoon Island

BLUE LAGOON “BEACH DAY”: After your animal program, or before your animal program, you can spend time on Blue Lagoon Island for a Beach Day. All animal programs include an automatic pass to Blue Lagoon Beach, but you can upgrade for a nice grilled lunch, Choice of : 100% Angus Beef Burger, 100% all beef Hot Dog, Chicken Burger (real chicken breast) or a Veggie Burger, chips and a fruit punch, and unlimited use of water toys: Big Boss Noodles, Inner-Tubes, and unsinkable float mats!

BL Upgrade (in addition to an animal program):

Blue Lagoon Beach Day Upgrade (adult) $32

Blue Lagoon Beach Day Upgrade (Kids 4-12) $22

Other water sports and drinks (soft drinks, daiquiris, piña coladas, beer, wine and other mixed drinks) available at the Tropical Beach Bar at additional cost. Changing rooms, showers and restrooms are located on the island. There is a gift shop. Lifeguards are on duty.

Your dolphin (or sea lion) encounter ticket encounter) includes free use of the beach and loungers. It does not include lunch or use of the beach toys (floats, etc.). You would have to pay for those. Otherwise you can upgrade to a full "beach day" pass.

As quoted from their website (http://www.dolphinencounters.com/island-all.php):

FREE BEACH ACCESS To All Guests Participating In Animal Programs

All guests that participate in a Dolphin Encounters interactive marine mammal program receive FREE access to our private lagoon beach and facilities. Enjoy the seclusion and natural beauty of Blue Lagoon Island for the day. Water sports, lunch and drinks from our beach bar are available at an additional charge.

Add the Beach Day Package to Your Animal Program and Enjoy the Best of Blue Lagoon Island

BLUE LAGOON “BEACH DAY”: After your animal program, or before your animal program, you can spend time on Blue Lagoon Island for a Beach Day. All animal programs include an automatic pass to Blue Lagoon Beach, but you can upgrade for a nice grilled lunch, Choice of : 100% Angus Beef Burger, 100% all beef Hot Dog, Chicken Burger (real chicken breast) or a Veggie Burger, chips and a fruit punch, and unlimited use of water toys: Big Boss Noodles, Inner-Tubes, and unsinkable float mats!

BL Upgrade (in addition to an animal program):

Blue Lagoon Beach Day Upgrade (adult) $32

Blue Lagoon Beach Day Upgrade (Kids 4-12) $22

Other water sports and drinks (soft drinks, daiquiris, piña coladas, beer, wine and other mixed drinks) available at the Tropical Beach Bar at additional cost. Changing rooms, showers and restrooms are located on the island. There is a gift shop. Lifeguards are on duty.

Thanks! Looking forward to it. June can not come quick enough.

I have done this twice through RC. We did the package that include lunch and floats. It's a beautiful place, like being on a private island. There's a nice walkway near where you dock where you can see the Dolphins and sea lions. I would definitely do it through the cruiseline if offered. They led us right out to a ferry and it was just people from the cruise ships.

Anyone ever seen an excursion to Blue Lagoon when the ship is in Nassau for half a day? Our ship arrives at 7am and leaves at 2pm. Most Nassau excursions are Atlantis related...currently no Blue Lagoon (but our cruise is more than a year away)

I arrived in Nassau at 12:00 excursion over at 5:00... Did not see half day option. Included lunch voucher, which we did not need, since we got there at 2:00 and ate on the ship. Still a wonderful place, just costs too much for 3 hr IMO...would do it again if I have a full day..very cool island, nice ferry ride too!

Edited by Cruzin RN

• 2 months later...