WOW for Jewel

waitingtogo

Glad to hear you had a good cruise. We were on the Jewel a little over a year ago. We have also sailed her "sister" before (the Pearl). There are several ships in the fleet that are similar like the Jewel if you ever want to try another. Happy sailing. :)

I had my first cruise on the Jewel, she's the ship that got me hooked on cruising and NCL. I've also sailed on and enjoyed the Gem. The Jewel class ships are great. Just big enough without being TOO big. Glad you had a good time. :)

• 2 weeks later...
That is great hear just booked Feb 28 cruise and am trying to plan port days. Suggestions or tips we like beaches and snorkeling .

If I can chime in here -- We did the NCL sponsored Belize Barrier Reef snorkel excursion last week. Excellent. We were tendered directly from the ship to the reef (and back), jumped in with the intermediate group, had a guide who pointed out many things we would have missed. Saw a giant sting ray at the 2nd largest barrier reef! Something I will never forget.

Don't expect to see a lot of color in the coral - but the formations and varieties are amazing. And seeing the waves crashing on the reef wall was worth the trip alone.

The free rum punch afterward was an added bonus!

Just got off the Jewel yesterday. we are mostly RCCL cruisers. 1st time on NCL. We were pleasantly surprised. We had a very relaxed and calm cruise. WOW for the Jewel........

Please write a quick comparison. I normally sail RCCL and Celebrity (6 cruises total). I will be sailing the Jewel in May. This will be my first time on NCL . I would LOVE to hear your thought!

I wonder.. I 've seen videos where the crew dances when you return to the ship on port days.. is that just a hit or miss thing?

Please write a quick comparison. I normally sail RCCL and Celebrity (6 cruises total). I will be sailing the Jewel in May. This will be my first time on NCL . I would LOVE to hear your thought!

I wonder.. I 've seen videos where the crew dances when you return to the ship on port days.. is that just a hit or miss thing?

They danced for us in Cozumel but not in Belize or Trujillo -- kind of hard to dance in tender ports. :)