starboard or one level up port side

tlwfun9

ok so we have a deck 7 aft on port side but was wondering if its worth it to go one level down to deck 6 aft starboard side on the Disney Dream? Opinions?

I've stayed on the Dream aft on deck 7 and it's a great deck because you are insolated by 2 decks of cabins below and above you. It was a very quiet location for my family.

Changing decks and rooms just to switch sides is difficult to advise, without more details. What are you hoping to achieve? Also, it might help to mention the room #s or at least categories.

I think you are placing too much effort into something of very little relevance. Yes, the starboard view is better when docked at Castaway. Port view is better at Port Canaveral. BUT how much time are you going to spend looking out a window or off a balcony at the view? Isn't the goal to get off the ship and enjoy the island? Fireworks? We got a letter asking that we NOT stay out on the balcony during the display. You'll have a much better view from up top anyhow.

yes that is what I was wondering everywhere says to stay starboard but one level up may be a bit quiter when pulling into port as I hear the rear is noisy on all the reviews of the cabins. I know im placing too much emphasis but on the other hand so do others involving questions of when to eat or which seating and such or whether to visit a particular port or stay on board. None of it is really mandatory but we all want the best possible options

Edited by tlwfun9

yes that is what I was wondering everywhere says to stay starboard but one level up may be a bit quiter when pulling into port as I hear the rear is noisy on all the reviews of the cabins. I know im placing too much emphasis but on the other hand so do others involving questions of when to eat or which seating and such or whether to visit a particular port or stay on board. None of it is really mandatory but we all want the best possible options

Yes, aft cabins are noisy for a very few minutes while the thrusters are in use for docking. We love aft and this has never bothered us. Agin, it is a very few minutes.

Yes, many people worry about all sorts of things to make their cruise exactly what they want. I've been in cabins all over 3 of the ships (30+DCL cruises). I have always found something very positive about each location, and sometimes something negative. My favorite location on the classic ships is 5 aft. Favorite on the Fantasy is ??? Haven't found a "bad" location. To me, starboard vs. port really doesn't affect my enjoyment of the cruise. I don't know that one deck difference will matter in thruster noise, but it might. I've seen more variation from one cruise to another than from one floor to another. If you really want to avoid the noise as much as possible, I'd suggest a midship to forward location.