Fitbit, New wifi-Anyone?

kelkel2

Does anyone own a fitbit and have experience with the new wifi package on the Breeze? I really like to keep track of my fitbit and make sure I sync all my data with my fitbit app daily onto my iPhone. Now technically this isn't really "social media" related, but does anyone have any experience on if this app with work on the social media plan or if you have to upgrade to a more expensive plan do do this? I would be willing to pay for a more expensive plan, maybe the step up, as I would probably use it for other things as well.

You need WiFi to sync with the phone? I don't know about fitbit but I thought that it syncs via bluetooth to the phone. Then to sync up with their servers you need internet. Thats how it is with Withings which is a similar device

You need WiFi to sync with the phone? I don't know about fitbit but I thought that it syncs via bluetooth to the phone. Then to sync up with their servers you need internet. Thats how it is with Withings which is a similar device

I think some of the connections capabilities of the fitbit, depend on the model of the fitbit. I have a fitbit zip, which wants internet access, more so than wifi to sync with my phone. I think some of the "more advanced" fitbit devices are bluetooth capable. Mine syncs via internet if I have my phone on the ATT network, with wifi turned off, or I sync it via my internet connected laptop with the provided dongle.

I've taken my fitbit on a couple of cruises..I THINK one time I had an internet package and accessed the internet with my phone and my fitbit was able to sync with the phone, however it's not important to me that I have the thing sync everyday especially since the fitbit hangs on to at least a weeks worth of data, so when I return home from my cruises, it syncs the days that I cruised..unless it's a longer cruise..then I might sync it via the ship internet.

Does anyone own a fitbit and have experience with the new wifi package on the Breeze? I really like to keep track of my fitbit and make sure I sync all my data with my fitbit app daily onto my iPhone. Now technically this isn't really "social media" related, but does anyone have any experience on if this app with work on the social media plan or if you have to upgrade to a more expensive plan do do this? I would be willing to pay for a more expensive plan, maybe the step up, as I would probably use it for other things as well.

Your Fitbit syncs wirelessly through Bluetooth to your iphone app. Turn off your bluetooth on your iphone and try to sync, you'll see an error message.

Hope that helps. I have a Fitbit Flex that I wear everywhere.

hmmm I never thought about that. I have a one, but just bought a charge HR so since it's on back order and I won't get it for a while, not sure how it works. I guess I always thought it was wifi. Learn something new everyday. Ok, call me stupid, but will bluetooth work on the ship? Just to connect to that app?

hmmm I never thought about that. I have a one, but just bought a charge HR so since it's on back order and I won't get it for a while, not sure how it works. I guess I always thought it was wifi. Learn something new everyday. Ok, call me stupid, but will bluetooth work on the ship? Just to connect to that app?

On My Iphone if I have my phone in airplane mode, I cannot synch my fitbit to my phone, so I believe you would need internet so you would probably have to get the more expensive WIFI package.

Bluetooth is device driven and will work anywhere.. You don't need any "source" for it to work, it is between your phone and bluetooth device.

I used my Fitbit on my last 8 day cruise and sync'd it every few days. But it will store 7 days on your fitbit..

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Do-I-need-to-sync-my-data-from-my-Fitbit-tracker-every-day/?l=en_US&c=Topics%3ASyncing&p=zip&fs=Search&pn=1

Bluetooth is device driven and will work anywhere.. You don't need any "source" for it to work, it is between your phone and bluetooth device.

I used my Fitbit on my last 8 day cruise and sync'd it every few days. But it will store 7 days on your fitbit..

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Do-I-need-to-sync-my-data-from-my-Fitbit-tracker-every-day/?l=en_US&c=Topics%3ASyncing&p=zip&fs=Search&pn=1

Thank you so much!! I knew it would store, but if possible would prefer to sync it daily if at all possible, just for visual reasons :)

Airplane mode turns off all communications...including bluetooth

But to answer your question, I syncd my fitbit every night on my Dream cruise and never bought any internet. Just turned off "mobile data" to make sure I wasn't going to "roam", turned on bluetooth, and sync'd it. I even got close to my goal one night and walked around the 2nd floor once watching it count my steps on my phone as I walked.

Only Bluetooth required, my husband was having a hard time syncing, and that's when we learned about it storing data :)

I syncd mine every night on the Miracle, no wifi, phone in airplane mode.

Edited by JillySue