Red October - visas?

lysolqn

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hermelinda:
Thanks for the advice and comments on Red October.
But I got the impression that one should be ready to pay 200/300 USD per day and person and I can't afford.
I just have one day in St Petesbourg and ready to pay up to 150 USD.
Any suggestion?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
We are using Palladium - $10 per hour for guide and optional car/driver is $12 per hour.

[url="http://home.earthlink.net/~danamcmahan/"]http://home.earthlink.net/~danamcmahan/[/url]

**Noordam Aug 1, 2004 Jewels of the Baltic**

Hi StarTreker,

You will be glad you are doing the two days in St. Petersburg. We spent a day there 13 years ago and returned last August for two days. It was breathtaking since they repainted and refurbished most of the sites you will visit. We loved every moment and the time we spent with the Russian Family -- a former ballerina and her mother. The third generation was off at school. We are scheduled for July 4, 2005 to go back on a brand new Tauck land tour starting in Helsinki, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moscow (four days) and St. Petersburg (three days). There was so much interest this first year, that they sold out 16 tours in a month and had a 500 person waiting list. You will have to go back either by land or on a river boat and see Moscow at your leisure.

Sounds great. I'll have to look into it. Thanks!

HAL-Baltic(2004); HAL-Alaska(2002); HAL-E.Mediterranean(2001); HAL-W.Mediterranean(2000), HAL-Panama Canal(1999); Celebrity-Alaska(1998); Windsong-Tahiti(1997); Carnival-Caribbean(1996); Majesty-Boston/Bermuda(1995); HAL-L.A./Mexico(1995); Carnival-Florida/Mexico(1991)

• 2 weeks later...
we went on a red october 2 day tour in 2002.
the highlight for me( we were a family with 3 generations) was our lunch with a russian family. we did take souvenirs from our city for them, including a baseball cap for the 19 year old college student.
red october was perfect from start to finish!!!!
wwb

Japiscopo: I see you are doing the Moscow post-cruise. We are doing the 4 night Moscow pre-cruise through Radisson mid August. If you get there first; please post on your experiences in Moscow. Tell us about the National Hotel, tours, etc. We are getting our visa through Radisson 90 days before cruising. Also booked Red October for St. Pete's Aug. 29th & 30th. They already sent us tickets with 2 extras in case we find another couple to join us. So far, we are going to be 5.

Judy D.

Archived