Celebrity not honouring onboard 123 offer

DebbieMacG

I booked a cruise whilst onboard the Equinox on 10th October 2014 for 28th May on the Silhouette. The deal at the time was the 123 offer and you could pick two of the offers for a European sailing, we chose drinks and the OBC of $300. The perk for booking onboard was OBC credited to our account for the sailing we were on, it was $200.

The drinks package appeared when I checked my booking online within a week or so but the OBC of $300 did not. I never thought anything about it as I've had OBC before and it's not shown online but I mentioned it to my daughter who also has a booking on another sailing with the two 123 perks and she said her OBC shows online.

I phoned to book another cruise a few days ago for Xmas/new year 2016/7 and while on the phone mentioned to the woman about the OBC not showing, she said there was no trace of it on the booking and asked for me to hold, she then spoke to someone and they said I'd had the OBC already onboard (the $200) I explained that no that was the perk for booking onboard and she said she would have to escalate it to a manager and ring me back. She asked me to send a copy of my invoice which shows the code EUBEVOB123go

The next day she rang to say they thought that it was correct and all I was getting was the drinks and the OBC (which Id had) she said they didn't know anything about the perk for booking onboard (what the heck!) when I said I had a flyer from the cruise showing the onboard booking perk and a copy of my final onboard statement showing that the $200 OBC was a booking perk with its code she changed her tune and said well maybe there was only one offer available when you booked! There wasn't and I also have a flyer to prove that there was 2/3 available.

She told me "she believed me" and promised me that a manager would call me back that day or the next and they haven't, I've emailed her and had no reply.

I don't need to be believed! I'm not lying or making anything up they should know what offers were running when I booked. :mad:

I love Celebrity but now I'm annoyed, all I want is what I booked!

It's a good thing you caught it before you sailed because you would never get it while on board the ship. Celebrity CS has nothing but Lemmings working behind the counter. Make sure you get names and time you speak to them. Something's at Celebrity seem to fall through the cracks which sometimes seem a mile wide with them. You may need to fax or e-mail copies of the documents that show the OBC you have coming. Good Luck.

Thanks :) I have emailed them but I'm still getting told I'm not due the $300!

I'll keep chasing it :D

Oh btw this is UK customer service and yes the offer was for UK (as well as others) as future cruises produced a flyer (which I still have) specifically for the UK passengers.

Edited by DebbieMacG

I came to post a similar question, however, I can tell you to fight for what you are supposed to have. I booked onboard for a cruise and we chose the Concierge because it offered all three 123 in December. I've since dropped down to the VErandah when they offered all 123 ....I got a great cabin, kept the onboard booking credit, got all three 123 and saved money....so you can do it to! Doesn't the right hand corner of your booking even now say Booked Onboard?? Call Captain's Club as that seems to be the "go to" when the Celebrity staff need to confirm that OBC.

My problem is that they took my onboard booking credit away today when prices dipped... I only got $300 of the $500 drop (actually, less as they took it away in Canadian $ and took my US $200 OBC which is worth $230!!!). I'd like to find the fine print that says I can't combine that with another perk...wasn't that the idea?

Good luck.

Every time I have booked on board, I was emailed a copy of the booking that outlined all offers. Do you have a copy of the booking receipt? If so it should contain all offers. Might help with getting what you are owed.

Yes I have it, I've sent them it and they saying I had the OBC onboard. I didn't, I had the $200 onboard booking perk. My invoice clearly shows the correct code.

We booked on board the Eclipse in October, got the immediate onboard credit but we were advised that it was combinable with one other offer from the 123go. We picked the drink pack.

It may be different dependant on cruise area. We were booking for the Caribbean. Sometimes you get an extra pick for a European cruise.

We have since switched the bookings to an s1 cabin and received all of the 123 go offers. I suspect they recovered the obc we had already used in the upgrade prices as it was around £200 more to upgrade 2016 compared with the 2017 cruises that I switched at the same time.

Gordon

I booked a cruise whilst onboard the Equinox on 10th October 2014 for 28th May on the Silhouette. The deal at the time was the 123 offer and you could pick two of the offers for a European sailing, we chose drinks and the OBC of $300. The perk for booking onboard was OBC credited to our account for the sailing we were on, it was $200.

The drinks package appeared when I checked my booking online within a week or so but the OBC of $300 did not. I never thought anything about it as I've had OBC before and it's not shown online but I mentioned it to my daughter who also has a booking on another sailing with the two 123 perks and she said her OBC shows online.

I phoned to book another cruise a few days ago for Xmas/new year 2016/7 and while on the phone mentioned to the woman about the OBC not showing, she said there was no trace of it on the booking and asked for me to hold, she then spoke to someone and they said I'd had the OBC already onboard (the $200) I explained that no that was the perk for booking onboard and she said she would have to escalate it to a manager and ring me back. She asked me to send a copy of my invoice which shows the code EUBEVOB123go

The next day she rang to say they thought that it was correct and all I was getting was the drinks and the OBC (which Id had) she said they didn't know anything about the perk for booking onboard (what the heck!) when I said I had a flyer from the cruise showing the onboard booking perk and a copy of my final onboard statement showing that the $200 OBC was a booking perk with its code she changed her tune and said well maybe there was only one offer available when you booked! There wasn't and I also have a flyer to prove that there was 2/3 available.

She told me "she believed me" and promised me that a manager would call me back that day or the next and they haven't, I've emailed her and had no reply.

I don't need to be believed! I'm not lying or making anything up they should know what offers were running when I booked. :mad:

You are not alone! We booked on a similar offer on board in November. We received all three of the 123 plus the OBC for the current cruise. All the perks were on our cruise by the time we returned home BUT we specifically made the booking because we assured that we could transfer it to the new cruises to be released in December AND that all the terms and conditions definitely applied to the UK.

When we made the transfer on 16 December, I explained all this and was told that it would take up to 30 days to reapply all the perks. I had my doubts and started chasing once the 30 days were up and no perks had been added to the booking. Unlike you, I have not spoken about this to anyone on the telephone because, each time I have telephoned Celebrity since, the person on the other end of the line has known less about Celebrity's systems and procedures than I have.

I have, however, emailed and written a conventional letter with a copy of the on board flyer about this. Eventually, someone on one of our Roll Calls gave me a contact to email. After emailing her, and eventually receiving a reply, things have started to move. She had to pass the issue onto her manager and, as of this morning, I have received confirmation invoices with two of the perks. The first was over a week ago and the second was this morning. Now I feel that I shall have to wait another few weeks before I can try to escalate this further.

The problem is that, about a year ago, Celebrity UK made all their experienced Personal Cruise Consultants redundant and there appears to be on one capable of dealing with anything above the most straightforward matter. I hate having to need to explain to Celebrity staff how to, for example, take a payment which exceeds their system's limit. The UK office were rarely kept informed by Miami and now this is compounded by the staff not understanding how to find out about anything out of the ordinary.

I am not sure that this post is of much help to you except to say that you are not alone and to keep plugging away. From past experience, the earlier you sort this out the better. It gets harder if you leave it until later.

Edited by Project_gal

You are not alone! We booked on a similar offer on board in November. We received all three of the 123 plus the OBC for the current cruise. All the perks were on our cruise by the time we returned home BUT we specifically made the booking because we assured that we could transfer it to the new cruises to be released in December AND that all the terms and conditions definitely applied to the UK.

When we made the transfer on 16 December, I explained all this and was told that it would take up to 30 days to reapply all the perks. I had my doubts and started chasing once the 30 days were up and no perks had been added to the booking. Unlike you, I have not spoken about this to anyone on the telephone because, each time I have telephoned Celebrity since, the person on the other end of the line has known less about Celebrity's systems and procedures than I have.

I have, however, emailed and written a conventional letter with a copy of the on board flyer about this. Eventually, someone on one of our Roll Calls gave me a contact to email. After emailing her, and eventually receiving a reply, things have started to move. She had to pass the issue onto her manager and, as of this morning, I have received confirmation invoices with two of the perks. The first was over a week ago and the second was this morning. Now I feel that I shall have to wait another few weeks before I can try to escalate this further.

The problem is that, about a year ago, Celebrity UK made all their experienced Personal Cruise Consultants redundant and there appears to be on one capable of dealing with anything above the most straightforward matter. I hate having to need to explain to Celebrity staff how to, for example, take a payment which exceeds their system's limit. The UK office were rarely kept informed by Miami and now this is compounded by the staff not understanding how to find out about anything out of the ordinary.

I am not sure that this post is of much help to you except to say that you are not alone and to keep plugging away. From past experience, the earlier you sort this out the better. It gets harder if you leave it until later.

Thanks Sue :) would you mind sharing the contact details? my email address is debbie@lochness.com

Why don't you send them copy of your confirmation that you got on board.

My confirmation always have all perks that were part of the booking, and I never leave the ship without getting written confirmation. That way I have proof in writing.

Why don't you send them copy of your confirmation that you got on board.

My confirmation always have all perks that were part of the booking, and I never leave the ship without getting written confirmation. That way I have proof in writing.

As I've said a couple of times :) I've already done that, it clearly shows the codes for the OBC and the drinks package but they still aren't changing it.

That's one of the reasons you should always book with a travel agent!

This is the first time I haven't booked through a TA. The TA I use was offering the same price with no extra perks. We don't get the same kind of deals in the UK so not always an incentive to change and they also require final payments four months out! :eek:

I have had friends have issues with companies--they do the email..no results..talk to a re..no results..supervisor..no results..BUT they go on Twitter and complain....They are quickly contacted and problem resolved!! Once Negative feedback is more out in the open..companies do not like that

Thanks Sue :)

I know when there was a price drop on a cruise I had booked with a TA it took them all day to sort it out with numerous phone calls to celebrity and this particular TA is owned by RCCL!

Oh the days of Lesley at Captains club, one phone call and it was sorted :)

I have never had a problem on board the ship itself but if it wasn't for the cruise being so great the way the celebrity customer service offboard operates would drive me away from the cruise line.

In my experience anytime I have needed small issues resolved it has taken a herculean effort to make it happen. I mean multiple transfers, 3 months of writing emails with no response, calling customer service again, being told the problem has been fixed, finding it hasn't and the circle continues.

It has been so bad for me that I almost wonder if it's a tactic of celebrity to just make it so hard for people to fix issues that they simply give up and don't worry about it.

I pray that I never have to call celebrity customer service again!

Thanks Sue :)

I know when there was a price drop on a cruise I had booked with a TA it took them all day to sort it out with numerous phone calls to celebrity and this particular TA is owned by RCCL!

Oh the days of Lesley at Captains club, one phone call and it was sorted :)

Oh, yes! Oh for the days of Lesley again!

It's a good thing you caught it before you sailed because you would never get it while on board the ship. Celebrity CS has nothing but Lemmings working behind the counter. Make sure you get names and time you speak to them. Something's at Celebrity seem to fall through the cracks which sometimes seem a mile wide with them. You may need to fax or e-mail copies of the documents that show the OBC you have coming. Good Luck.

Can't say I agree with the lemmings comment. On one cruise several years ago, I noticed that an OBC from my TA had not appeared on my statement after several days at sea. CS couldn't have been more helpful in correcting the problem. Since then I have had various problems and they've always been corrected quickly and easily with the aid of CS. Now, X isn't perfect but I can't fault the Customer Service people. I never board a ship without having the paperwork backing up my credits. Makes life a lot easier.

I am having the same problem and my TA is dealing with Celebrity as we speak I have had e mail copies of all documents including the flyer to her to pass on to Celebrity in the hope this can be resolved.We were on Infinity in October and this particular offer was only on till the 14th of November( as per the flyer) so don't know how long the offer had been running but I do know that there were lots of fellow passengers booking cruises when we were on the ship so this could be a problem for some who do not realise that the on board credit they may be due may not materialise.

Hopefully it will get sorted out soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Woke up to my 3rd Confirmation Invoice this week for this cruise and finally have all three perks on it! I can hardly say "correctly" because the $300 OBC has been added in two lumps of $200 and $100. There would appear, from this, they Celebrity UK do not have the mechanism to add these 123-perks in the UK and have to bodge them.

This has only taken 75 days from transferring to the new cruise and countless letters and emails to get this right.