Celebrity not honouring onboard 123 offer

DebbieMacG

But surely the on board staff should know what they are doing!!!

What I should have said is, maybe the problems occur when the on board booking is transferred to a Travel Agent.

Edited by upwarduk

What I should have said is, maybe the problems occur when the on board booking is transferred to a Travel Agent.

In our case, the problems occurred when "transferring" to Celebrity UK! I was surprised how well the future cruise guy on board understood the situation in the UK. It is the UK staff and/or systems that do not.

In our case, the problems occurred when "transferring" to Celebrity UK! I was surprised how well the future cruise guy on board understood the situation in the UK. It is the UK staff and/or systems that do not.

We then get into the realms of different T&C:eek:

Edited by upwarduk

We then get into the realms of different T&C:eek:

Don't! I need a cruise to get over the stress of booking a cruise.

No, wait, I finally get why Celebrity gives you a free cruise when you reach Zenith. You really do need it if you have been a customer that long.

Edited by Project_gal

Don't! I need a cruise to get over the stress of booking a cruise.

No, wait, I finally get why Celebrity gives you a free cruise when you reach Zenith. You really do need it if you have been a customer that long.

Sue,

I stopped worrying at all what shows online. I have two strategies to deal with these mistakes, which happen all too frequently. Heck on our last cruise we got a note that said we owed $3000 as we hadn't paid for the cruise in full. I was flabbergasted so I asked the MC Concierge and my TA to deal with it. The MC Concierge was pretty upset that someone from the ship's accounting / customer service contacted us without her involvement. The guest relations manager sent us a bottle of wine to apologize for the trouble and accounting error (we had obviously paid in full).

1. As you know, the MC Concierge will bend over backwards. Since Celebrity emails me the original confirmations, I just email them to the MC Concierge for proof when there is an, and it is fixed in minutes.

2. We always transfer our bookings to a TA, so I email our TA as well, and it is dealt with.

Finally, I have a couple of other "strategies" I can share with you that will be very helpful. Send me an email to my name with my last initial "g" and the number 6 at gmail and I'll send you some more info.

Happy sailing,

Jenna