Do Canadians Require Visas for These Ports?

I have checked with all of the embassies for our cruise. I am not sure about Germany. If you are a Canadain Citizen you do not require Visa's for all the other port's. Estonia if coming by cruise ship or Ferry and only staying for 12 hours or less you do not require a Visa.

Have a nice cruise we are doing the RCI Jewel of the Seas in June 09/04.

Ed Bartlett

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by porky113:

I have checked with all of the embassies for our cruise. I am not sure about Germany.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No, not needed for Germany. Germany is part of Schengenland, so has exactly the same requirements as Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Norway amongst other EU countries - and in fact there are no immigration controls when crossing from any Schengen country to any other.

This page provides access via Delta Air Lines' website to the database (constantly updated) that airlines use to find out answers to the same questions. It's not official, but airlines can get fined big money if they carry people without visas who ought to have them, so it is a pretty reliable source.

Estonian visa information

from website of our

Ministry of Foreign Affaires

3. Participants in organised excursions are allowed to enter Estonia for up to 12 hours based on a name list affirmed by the captain of the vessel and previously presented to the Estonian Border Guard Board.

An organized excursion is a voyage on a vessel possessing a certificate for conveyance of passengers, that is not in regular liner traffic, does not transport goods and does not embark or disembark liner passengers. During the organized excursion the vessel shall before and after entering an Estonian port visit at least two foreign ports.

This is regulation for all cruise ships for all citizens onboard of cruise ships visiting Estonia.

Besides Canadians who are not from cruise shisps, can visit Estonia without visa from May 2004.

I believe similar regulation works for cruise ships in other countries of Baltic sea as well

(Russia and Poland must be exluded).

Ahti

Ahti Arak Tours

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jasm8449:

July 3/04 Constellation - I know we need visas for Poland, and RO is arranging St. Petersburg. What about the rest?

Sweden, Finland, Copenhagen, Estonia, Germany,Norway, England?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just picked up our Visas yesterday in Vancouver. We're advised that Canadians no longer need Polish visas. Don't know whether one can count on the ship knowing that. Heddy

I'm on the Princess to the Baltic in July, and just received a fax from Princess, saying Canadians no longer need to have visas for Poland. So, my guess is all the cruise lines know that by now.

Kathy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived