Gem Dining Room Menus

wezie

Hi. Does anyone have the dining room menus for the Gem? Also, how can I make a reservation at a specialty restaurant before I board? I tried looking on NCL website but can't find it.

I do not know if they are available unless a fellow cruiser has taken a picture of them.

If you have the Ultimate Dining package (UDP), you will have to make your reservations once on board the ship. You just have to go to restaurant reservation desk in the Atrium.

If you do not have the UDP, simply login into MY NCL and click on View Reservation. You will see a bar that says "Explore Activities & Excursions Available for Booking Today" and click on the Dining tab. This will take you to another page. In the Vacation Itinerary bar, select the day that you want to eat at one of the specialty restaurants, click on you preferred restaurant and simply confirm your selection and preferred time. Please remember that you will have to pay for your reservations on line before your cruise date. Once confirmed, NCL will send you a confirmation Email which I strongly recommend that you print and bring along on your cruise.

Hope this helps

I haven't seen any recently updated GEM menu for the MDR - here's a link to the most recent ones on the Breakaway (for the Manhattan Room / Taste & Savior) as they should be very similar if not identical fleetwide (maybe minor seasonal variations due to availabilities)

http://www.beyondships2.com/norwegian-breakaway-menus.html

You can click thru and find the ones for the GEM but it's from 2013, which has lobster tail on the menu - lobster tail or pieces ARE no longer served in the MDR anywhere in the fleet (please refer to about 9 other recent threads about "lobsters" & not start it again here, TIA)

Menu for LeBistro, Cagney's are the same. Minor differences between Blue Lagoon (in the process of converting to) & O'Sheehan's with the 24 hour comfort food of breakfast specials & casual dining otherwise. Some of the speciality dining are ONLY for the mega-ships and not on ships like the GEM.

Edited by mking8288

This review of a fairly recent Getaway cruise includes pictures of the menus.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2121847

I can verify that these are current edition menus (unlike most menus posted on the "beyondships" site)...the same edition that are used on the Gem (I was on the Gem for 12 nights in December). However there are many more menus available for use (I saw a menu number 15 on my Gem cruise) and you really can't be sure exactly which menus will be used on any particular cruise, nor will you be able to know in advance in what order they'll be used. For example on our 12 nighter, menu numbers 6 an 7 were used on nights 11 and 12...I assume because they wanted the last two nights to be the same as the last two nights would usually have been on a 7 night cruise.

Do any recent Gem Cruisers know how late the Main Dining room is open on Embarkation Day?
Search & results came up empty with the recently posted/linked GEM Dailies here.

But, generally speaking, the MDR - via deck 7 AFT is open till 9 PM daily, including embarkation day. Magneta is the second & smaller MDR - deck 6 MID is typically 30 minutes later or to 9:30 PM. This generally true of almost all ships in the fleet on turnaround days.

Also, try logging in MyNCL account if you are booked to see if the hours are listed there, for optional reservation purposes, if avaiable. Dining late, it's usually not necessary except for specialty venue.