S1 or CS on Eclipse?

miketheExbaker

Have you sailed recently? The procedure seems to be new from February this year, I thought i recall your last sailgib to be last year some time, when it wasn't available.

As to Gordon's issue, not sure how it happened it wasn't done. The perk is a Michaels' Club perk, and not necessarily one for SkySuites, in case that was also part of the issue.

I thought I replied, but must have been lost in a repricing frenzy. I thought Jenna recieved this service in Dec. when we were on a ship too, only we were on Summit. So when the poster mentioned he did not have it either I wondered if it was occasionally given rather than consistantly. That's all. Simply wondering.

Edited by hulamoon

I thought I replied, but must have been lost in a repricing frenzy. I thought Jenna recieved this service in Dec. when we were on a ship too, only we were on Summit. So when the poster mentioned he did not have it either I wondered if it was occasionally given rather than consistantly. That's all. Simply wondering.

We did receive it on Millennium. Maybe it is because she had arranged our airport transportation? It seemed to be for both our benefits, as she needed to walk us to the car, so instead of her waiting too, she expedited the entire process.

I can let you know how getting off Summit is in 3 weeks, but we have late flights and will be in no hurry to disembark.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Did they change the Sky Suites perks?...Michaels club was not open to Sky suites last I heard.

Overall, the view on an S1 on an S-class is a great view, and an nice balcony, with a nice table great for breakfast as you come into port.

The bathrooms are similar.

The S1 has more open space / feel, but overall less room.

A separate bedroom is a feature we like.

The extra perks and service you'd receive from having access to Michael's club are pretty substantial, but how you value these special services are really personal.

It may come down to price and where you're sailing, and for how long, at least that is what would matter to me.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Did they change the Sky Suites perks?...Michaels club was not open to Sky suites last I heard.

No, when I said we like the separate bedroom, and that we like MC I thoght it was clear I was then referring to the CS.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

It still is not open to Sky suites

Interestingly, if one goes to book a Sky Suite on the Reflection on the website right now, when you get to the booking page, select Suite, and then expand the Sky Suite description, it does list MC as a benefit. I just got off the Silhouette and found that MC was almost always empty. There was one night when we saw a large family in there pre-dinner (about 7 people), but other than that it was a ghost town. Perhaps it might not be a bad idea to test out what happens to the use of MC if Sky Suites were allowed to partake.

I'll be posting a Trip Report soon. Got some great pictures of Luminae, it's lovely.

Interestingly, if one goes to book a Sky Suite on the Reflection on the website right now, when you get to the booking page, select Suite, and then expand the Sky Suite description, it does list MC as a benefit. I just got off the Silhouette and found that MC was almost always empty. There was one night when we saw a large family in there pre-dinner (about 7 people), but other than that it was a ghost town. Perhaps it might not be a bad idea to test out what happens to the use of MC if Sky Suites were allowed to partake.

I'll be posting a Trip Report soon. Got some great pictures of Luminae, it's lovely.

Were you using Michael's? Or was this something you gathered by walking by? Two weeks ago on our cruise (in a RS) we used Michael's. There were many upper suite passengers who used the venue on a regular basis. The personalized service was wonderful and just what we wish to pay more for. If Sky Suites were granted access, the amount of eligible suites would more than double (if not triple). I would no longer book a suite with X if this were the case.

How would that make sense to X? They would not be able to provide the same level of service. I believe it would also end up costing them more (e.g., more staff working the venue, more complimentary drinks, etc.).

I could be wrong (I was once in the 80's), but I don't think it will happen. ;)

On a a side note, I find it interesting that "passers by" routinely refer to Michael's as a "ghost town". It certainly doesn't feel like that as a member who enjoys it.

Shawn

I agree, I do not believe that passers-by can actually see who is using Michael's Club. On Eclipse last November, it would have been impossible to accommodate more suite guests because, at times, it was full and used from early morning to late at night but there were still reports from non-suite guests that the room was underused.

Non-suite guests were frequently seen peering in through the door. This does not encourage guests using Michael's Club to congregate near the door.

On our 1st March Cruise on the Eclipse MC was very under used. There were a group of 8 of us that met pre dinner and later in the evening and a few other couples in pre dinner. It was never close to being full.

On the basis of our first experience we feel that they would be better opening it up either to the Sky Suites or the Elite Plus group (don't know how many that would involve on a typical cruise). They don't have to provide complimentary drinks to everyone and a many have beverage packages anyway. The extra cost is negligible.

Gordon

Interestingly, if one goes to book a Sky Suite on the Reflection on the website right now, when you get to the booking page, select Suite, and then expand the Sky Suite description, it does list MC as a benefit.

It only seems to be the Reflection that this happens with. I suggest that it is just another quirk of the web site.

Gordon

On our 1st March Cruise on the Eclipse MC was very under used. There were a group of 8 of us that met pre dinner and later in the evening and a few other couples in pre dinner. It was never close to being full.

On the basis of our first experience we feel that they would be better opening it up either to the Sky Suites or the Elite Plus group (don't know how many that would involve on a typical cruise). They don't have to provide complimentary drinks to everyone and a many have beverage packages anyway. The extra cost is negligible.

Gordon

Our first experience in MC was different than yours, it was definitely not underused. :)

And since guests in the upper suites pay substantially more than those in Sky suites, why should those who pay less get access to the same exclusive perks?

Our first experience in MC was different than yours, it was definitely not underused. :)

And since guests in the upper suites pay substantially more than those in Sky suites, why should those who pay less get access to the same exclusive perks?

I agree.

Why would X want Michael's to be full/busy? That would cause it to lose it's exclusivity and VERY PERSONALIZED service (of which some people pay much more for).

I don't think it will happen.

Shawn

It only seems to be the Reflection that this happens with. I suggest that it is just another quirk of the web site.

Gordon

I'm sure it is. Celebrity is certainly not known for consistency across its website. I doubt they will open MC to Sky Suite guests, especially on the Reflection, which has more Sky Suites than the other S-Class ships. I only brought it up because, based on the website, I thought Celebrity might be trying something out on the Reflection.

Based on various people's experiences posted to CC, it seems that Michael's has varying utilization rates from cruise to cruise - as most venues do, in my experience. We're on the Reflection in January - so I'll just have to see if the website is wrong (which I'm sure it is). :rolleyes: