? Golden Pier ?

regnig

Ok, now I'm really confused. :confused:

I just looked at http://www.gotopuertorico.com/Calendar/calendar.asp?id=89710&date=3-4-2006

the web site that has a calendar of cruise ships and their assigned piers. It shows Port # 4-E for the Golden. I thought she left from the Panamerican pier. Does anyone know for certain? If she is going to leave from the Old San Juan docks we may reconsider the hotel we will use for our pre-cruise overnight.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, now I'm really confused. :confused:

I just looked at http://www.gotopuertorico.com/Calendar/calendar.asp?id=89710&date=3-4-2006

the web site that has a calendar of cruise ships and their assigned piers. It shows Port # 4-E for the Golden. I thought she left from the Panamerican pier. Does anyone know for certain? If she is going to leave from the Old San Juan docks we may reconsider the hotel we will use for our pre-cruise overnight.

Golden has docked at the PanAm pier in the past. Something may have changed. The link above is the only site I could find that lists cruise ship arrival/departure info with dock assignment and may be suspect as they change the passenger count for Golden from one month to the next. I would call Princess and ask them.

I called princess on Friday after looking at the link for the port schedule in San Juan, the rep said that the golden would be docking at the Pan American Pier. I'm not sure if he just looked at where she is usually docked and just said that or if he was sure. I guess we'll just have to wait until the golden gets back down to San Juan to see if she's in OSJ or not.

I called Princess yesterday (Mon.) and they also so said that the Golden is using the Pan American Pier.

Then I got an e-mail from Laura at Audio Guia in Old San Juan where we are considering storing our luggage w/ transportation back to the airport since we have a 6:00 p.m. flight out on disembarkation day. She said the Golden will be at Pier 4.

?!?!?!?! Guess we just got to wait and see ?!?!?!?!

Kaye

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like there are three big ships departing on the same day next year. The Golden, Constellation, and Serenade of the Seas. The Pan Am Pier holds two ships and the Constellation and Serenade are listed there. The Golden is listed at Pier 4-E. That is at the Old San Juan Docks.

I have been on two Princess cruises out of San Juan before on the Dawn and we were docked at the Navy Frontier Pier for both of those excursions.

If the Golden is docked in OSJ, that would be a major plus since we are staying at the Sheraton. We may get a hint at the end of the month when the Golden returns to San Juan.

Hey Clubber -

Where did you get the information about how many ships are departing from San Juan on a particular date? We are also staying in OSJ (Hotel Milano - Sheraton was booked when we tried) and would like the convenience of the location - no problem with Pan American - did that last year. The cruise calendar still shows us leaving on the Golden on Jan. 14 from Pier 4 - E.

Curious minds - just want to know,

Kaye

DUH!!!!! Thanks! I guess it didn't take a wizard to figure that one out. Yes, it shows the same two ships at Pan Am pier for our sailing date as yours (When is yours?) and the Golden at #4 - E. It would be nice!

Appreciated,

Kaye

p.s. Nice aerial view and information you've added to your signature. I think a lot of people appreciate that.

This past season, the Constellation and the Serenade both shared the Pan Am Pier on Saturdays. The Golden Princess, and the Adventure of the Seas both shared it on Sundays. What's changing for this upcoming season to make things/docking different??

Hi:

Well the Golden will be coming to San Juan on Saturdays and will be on pier 4 in Old San Juan in front of the Sheraton Hotel (old Wyndham). The Constellation and the Serenade will be on Saturdays but at the Panamerican Pier in San Juan but if you want to go to Old San Juan, you have to take a taxi. I work with a company that gives services to passengers of the Golden and we start on October 29 at the Pier 4.

Lilrod

Puerto Rico

That's great news because I will be staying at the Sheraton on Oct 28-29.

What has me quite upset, however, is the inability of Princess customer service to give accurate information. As of right now, and I just called them again, Princess is still telling people who call it's the Pan American docks.

I called Princess before I read this post. My cruise leaves on Sat, 2/4/06. The rep I spoke with told me that as of 10/29 the Golden would be at pier 4 East. This agrees wilth Lilrod's information. Works for me since I won my priceline bid for the Marriot Resort on Ashford Avenue.

We will be sailing on the Golden January 28. Does anyone know if we can leave the ship after we check in?

Yes you can get off the ship. Usually, I check in and then get off and hit the duty free liquor store. I'll see you there.

This is great!!!! Nice to just walk off the ship to OSJ. Two years ago we were docked at the Pan American Pier....Not very close to anything, half way between OSJ and the Condado area. Does anyone know if the Sheraton will hold your luggage for the day and if you can use the hotel for the day?

Hi:

Well the Golden will be coming to San Juan on Saturdays and will be on pier 4 in Old San Juan in front of the Sheraton Hotel (old Wyndham). The Constellation and the Serenade will be on Saturdays but at the Panamerican Pier in San Juan but if you want to go to Old San Juan, you have to take a taxi. I work with a company that gives services to passengers of the Golden and we start on October 29 at the Pier 4.

Lilrod

Puerto Rico

Lilrod,

Was wondering if you could suggest a tour company for me. I have a large group that will be in San Juan, arriving March 9 for our March 11 Golden cruise. We would like to do some sort of tour on the 10th and would also like to arrange transportation from the airport. Please feel free to email me direct at pam.freeman.olmstead@juno.com if you have any suggestions.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived