Getaway Photo Review - Food Focus - Specialty Dining - Chef's Table - Viva Vino

megacruiser

Wonderful spa pictures! We enjoyed the Thermal Suite on the Epic and booked the Getaway partly because it has one as well. Until now I haven't found very good pictures of it. I am thoroughly enjoying the whole review. Thanks so much for your hard work!

Many thanks for taking the time to comment.

Kind regards

megacruiser

I just started reading this last night. I love it. Your pictures are amazing.

We will be on the Getaway in a couple of weeks. I can't wait and actually looking forward to a few days at sea (away from everything). I feel like I know my way around now with all your great pictures. :)

We were on the EPIC this past summer so I can't wait to see how I like the Getaway.

I can't wait to read your review on your RCCL adventures. My husband and I were on our first RCCL cruise in February. I found a lot of similarities and a lot of difference between NCL and RCCL. Of course NCL is still my favorite. :)

Many thanks for your kind feedback.

Cheers

megacruiser

Starting reading this review this morning and finally caught up! I had a few questions:

1) Do you have a pic of the menu for O'Sheehan's? If not do you recall what food they serve? Are kids allowed in there?

2) My husband is a diabetic and noticed there was at least 1 offering of dessert in the dining room. Did you happen to notice if the Buffet had surgar free desserts as well?

3) Is there pizza served in other areas besides the $5 room charge?

4) We just came off the Allure of the Seas and it seemed there were more complementary shows than on this ship - would you agree (being that you were on its sister ship Oasis?)

Thanks for your time - great review so far!! We are looking at a 12 day Southern Caribbean cruise and this ship looks like it has a lot to offer compared to the Serenade of the Seas (kid-wise)...

1) Here is a very poor quality picture of the menu:-

OSheehans%20Menu-8949_zpsknlkwxfc.jpg

2 and 3 already answered

4) Yes I agree.

I wish all reviews were this GOOD! What a great way to start my weekend. I feel like I am watching/reading episode by episode of a great series! The food.... ahhh delightful! Thank you for your time and continued writing. :D

You really are too kind!

Cheers

megacruiser

Captivated so I'm following. Would love to know your top 3 favourite specialty restaurants on the Breakaway. My husband and I are going on our first cruise this April.

I assume Breakaway is very similar, so my order of preference is:

1) Le Bistro

2) Ocean Blue for modern cooking; but the Sea Bass at Cagney's was better than the two fish dishes I had at Ocean Blue...

3) Cagney's was solid, but I avoided the steak because of prior disappointments...

If I could choose only two extra-fee dining experiences it would be the Chef's Table and Le Bistro.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards and thanks for commenting,

megacruiser

Amazing photos. Really enjoying your review megacruiser. Thanks for posting all the new info as well. Looking forward to more.

Happy Sailing.

Many thanks for commenting. It really is much appreciated.

Kind regards

megacruiser

Thank you so much for this review. We're booked on the Escape May 2016 for our first NCL cruise. The ONLY thing that could be better than this is your Escape review next year!!! Now, after reading and seeing all of your incredible food photos, I MUST go find something to eat!!!

Very kind of you to comment.

Many thanks

megacruiser

Hi megacruiser what a fab review appreciate the time and effort.....now need to catchup on your other reviews.

Will give you a wave from greenock

Hello,

Nice to hear from a fellow Scot, across the Clyde. I get a good view of where the cruise ships dock when they call at Greenock in the summer months.

Thanks for commenting and reading my other reviews.

Kind regards

megacruiser

Following

Just spent the evening binging on your well written lively review. It is a valuable resource to be sure. Thank you for sharing your impressions with us. It's nice to hear from a cruiser who can enjoy a variety of cruise experiences to be found on different cruise lines and ships. This review has set my mind at ease that booking getaway will not disappoint and offer a change of pace. From the menus and your photos I know my traditional husband would much prefer the seafood offerings at Le Bistro rather than the more contemporary fare at Ocean Blue.

Many thanks for your kind feedback.

Cheers

megacruiser

Still here and hanging on every word thank you for a wonderful review.we get to experience first carry your eyes then for ourselves October 31 and we're very excited again thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Many thanks,

megacruiser

Sorry I know this is out of order but I must ask. During embarkation are you able to go see the Studio rooms. I'm thinking about starting to do solos and would like to see what they are like ahead of time. Your photos looked fantastic.

Have a look at the first page of my Epic review.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2059296

I got some better photos of the Studios complete with mood lighting. The Getaway ones are identical except the lighting is stark white with no dimming facility... what were NCL thinking...

The best way to see them in person is to go to the Studio Lounge around 5.30pm when it is open to all solo cruisers. Get speaking to the company and drop a hint; someone will no doubt offer to let you have a look for yourself...

Kind regards

megacruiser

I am definitely enjoying reading this! I am subscribed but behind on my reading and am just today catching up. I think your fireworks pics were just wonderful, espeically the second with the stars so visible and focused. Great work on the review! I will be a first time NCL cruiser so this helps so much.

Thanks so much. I am delighted if this helps for your upcoming cruise.

Kind regards

megacruiser

I can second megacruisers suggestion, I showed off my cabin on the Epic to 2 sisters on one of my excursions. So disappointed about the lighting on the getaway. Enjoyed it on the Epic. Thanks again for this fabulous review. I check everyday for an update. Debbie

Sent from my KFJWI using Forums mobile app

Thanks for an awesome review and sharing so many amazing photos. It was an absolute pleasure to follow along. We are thinking of sailing on the Breakaway. Do you know how similar the Breakaway is to the Getaway? (We usually sail RCL or Celebrity...so not that familiar with NCL, having sailed with NCL only once previously, on a short cruise on the Gem.) I am hoping to show my family your pictures to give them an idea of the Breakaway....

Again, fabulous review and photos - thank you!!!!!!! :)

Hi and thanks so much.

As far as I know the ships are very similar. Other then décor, I think the Dinner Show, Cirque Dreams on Breakaway, instead of the Illusionarium, is the main difference. I am sure there are NCL experts on here who can advise if there is anything more of note...

Kind regards

megacruiser

Following! Love the pics and details. I cruised several older NCL ships in the late 70's 80's. Started to cruise RCCL and love the big ships! Booked today on the Getaway after reading this review! Yes why not try something new and different. Lifeisgood! Looking forward to more of your adventure! Question does the Getaway have anything like Park Cafe ? We booked June 6 sailing! Celebrating retirement and my 60th BD

Thanks for the feedback. I do hope you enjoy Getaway.

I can't think of a similar venue to Park Café. O'Sheehan's is popular for light bites but for complimentary sandwiches and salads, I can't recall anywhere else out with the buffet; but I may be overlooking something, in which case I am sure someone will chime in...

Kind regards

megacruiser

I Just discovered your review of the Getaway today, thank you so much for sharing. I've learned so much about this ship by reading this review and of course enjoyed your wonderful photos. I'm now looking forward to booking a cruise on the Getaway. Thanks again!

Many thanks for your feedback.

Cheers!

megacruiser

Yes!!! I was hoping that I would have your review of the Escape before I go in October 2016. Going on Getaway on in April! Thanks Again

All being well, my review of Escape should be posted a year from now. Wishing my life away...

Kind regards

megacruiser