Hotels?

parttimr

I've used priceline but I really haven't in about 5 years. I've just had better luck with hotwire. I usually need 2 bed rooms and hotwire usually books you in a 2 bed room. priceline (when I used it) usually booked you in a 1 bed room. It's easier to switch from a 2 bed room to a 1 bed room than it is the other way around. Then I've had some bad rooms with priceline. I forget the hotel but one time they put us in a room the size of a closet...with 1 bed...we had to get a rollaway bed and the room was so small you couldn't walk to to the bathroom with the rollaway bed in there. Then I had a time at Bourbon Orleans where they put me at the very end of a hall they were doing construction on....so I had to wakeup to drills and hammers.

In October if it's the weekend of a Saints home game there will be a lot of people there. If there's a convention in town there will be a lot of people there and hotel prices will be high. If you go on hotwire and the cheapest hotel is $200...there's probably a convention in town that week.

Thanks! I will check out Hotwire! The past few years I've had free rooms from hotel or credit card programs I belong to, but this yr. I might need to for a night or 2.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking in November 13-15 2015 and I'm seeing $175 a night for french quarter/river thru Hotwire.

Am I trying too early or up a creek with no paddle and stuck with this pricing. I'm in shock with the cost of hotels right now for New Orleans.

I'm looking in November 13-15 2015 and I'm seeing $175 a night for french quarter/river thru Hotwire.

Am I trying too early or up a creek with no paddle and stuck with this pricing. I'm in shock with the cost of hotels right now for New Orleans.

You can do hotwire's trip watcher and they'll email you if prices go up or down. But if it were me, I'd look at that 4* downtown/superdome for $106/night. That should be Hyatt Regency. It's one of the best hotels in town. It's not close to the port or French quarter but there's a street car stop out front. For $1.25 you can get on a car that will take you to bourbon street or all the way to Hilton Riverside. You can also buy a day pass for $3.00....There's also a 3-day pass. I don't remember the price. And cabs aren't bad if you leave the quarter late after the street cars aren't running. I took a cab from Canal/Bourbon to Hyatt for like $5 last year. If you want to be closer to the port you can look at that 3.5* in the warehouse district for $116. I think that's going to be the Blake Hotel.

Edited by Saint Greg

You can do hotwire's trip watcher and they'll email you if prices go up or down. But if it were me, I'd look at that 4* downtown/superdome for $106/night. That should be Hyatt Regency. It's one of the best hotels in town. It's not close to the port or French quarter but there's a street car stop out front. For $1.25 you can get on a car that will take you to bourbon street or all the way to Hilton Riverside. You can also buy a day pass for $3.00....There's also a 3-day pass. I don't remember the price. And cabs aren't bad if you leave the quarter late after the street cars aren't running. I took a cab from Canal/Bourbon to Hyatt for like $5 last year. If you want to be closer to the port you can look at that 3.5* in the warehouse district for $116. I think that's going to be the Blake Hotel.

WOW prices must of changed or you have a secret looking spot on Hotwire cause I can't find those prices any where!!!

I put a fare watcher on Hotwire for the French Quarter area and another area that I can't think of now. So far for our dates in Oct. it's more then I want to pay. I also did it for San Juan where our cruise departs from.

Hopefully, I'll see some better prices!

Boy your GOOOOOOD. DING DING Hyatt Regency $104 a night

I couldn't find those prices a normal website via my computer. I downloaded the app and magically the pricing dropped. Odd...

But thank you very much for all your help! Very happy with what hotel I got for the price. Even cheaper then the hotel we were booked in, in Houston.

We decided to change from NCl Jade out of Houston to NCL Dawn in New Orleans of course. So, now I can relax a bit more til I find a solution for the crazy parking rates!!!

I couldn't find those prices a normal website via my computer. I downloaded the app and magically the pricing dropped. Odd...

But thank you very much for all your help! Very happy with what hotel I got for the price. Even cheaper then the hotel we were booked in, in Houston.

We decided to change from NCl Jade out of Houston to NCL Dawn in New Orleans of course. So, now I can relax a bit more til I find a solution for the crazy parking rates!!!

Yeah I want to say valet is like $39 at the Hyatt. If you drive around back I think you can park yourself for about $28. When I cruised I stayed a night before and a night after and what I did was book 7 days at Fulton parking garage instead of 5. I parked, just took a backpack with me and took streetcar to hotel. Took streetcar back the next day. Grabbed my luggage and took the free shuttle to the port. Then basically the same thing when I returned. I booked my parking online. printed out the receipt. They have to stamp it at the garage office. Then just leave it in your windshield. Here's the website. You can also book other garages if you want something closer to your hotel.

http://neworleansparking.com/

Yeah I want to say valet is like $39 at the Hyatt. If you drive around back I think you can park yourself for about $28. When I cruised I stayed a night before and a night after and what I did was book 7 days at Fulton parking garage instead of 5. I parked, just took a backpack with me and took streetcar to hotel. Took streetcar back the next day. Grabbed my luggage and took the free shuttle to the port. Then basically the same thing when I returned. I booked my parking online. printed out the receipt. They have to stamp it at the garage office. Then just leave it in your windshield. Here's the website. You can also book other garages if you want something closer to your hotel.

http://neworleansparking.com/

Can't thank you enough for all your advice. For your info... Hyatt is charging $40 plus tax for valet now.

• 1 month later...
The airport is about 12 miles from downtown. A lot of cruisers stay at hotels outside of downtown that offer shuttles and allow you to park there during your cruise. You can read about some of those here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2149088

My personal opinion is I want to stay downtown/French quarter when I'm in New Orleans. I book on hotwire and get great deals but it's prepaid and non-refundable. I usually stay in a 4* hotel and pay about $100 plus $25-35 for parking. I would move my vehicle to fulton parking garage during the cruise where you can park for as little as $8/day on the roof.

http://neworleansparking.com/default.asp

If you go the hotwire route and need help figuring out what your hotel is going to be or need advice on a downtown French/Quarter hotel, let me know. I've stayed in probably 30 of them. I stayed at Hyatt Regency 8 times last year. It was the 4* downtown/superdome option on hotwire.

My dates for June 2016 are finally showing up on Hotwire and I really want the Hilton Riverside....since only one 4* is popping up that says French Quarter / Mississippi River, can I safely assume that's it? Also, is there a way for HW to notify you as the price drops or do I just need to check it everyday? I saw where you got it for like $77 per night - do you remember how far out you were from your stay when you snagged that rate? I'd be happy at $100 a night, so I will probably reserve it as soon as I catch it at that. =) Thanks!!

My dates for June 2016 are finally showing up on Hotwire and I really want the Hilton Riverside....since only one 4* is popping up that says French Quarter / Mississippi River, can I safely assume that's it? Also, is there a way for HW to notify you as the price drops or do I just need to check it everyday? I saw where you got it for like $77 per night - do you remember how far out you were from your stay when you snagged that rate? I'd be happy at $100 a night, so I will probably reserve it as soon as I catch it at that. =) Thanks!!

I just got Riverside this morning for $78 for the night before my 8/31 cruise. The other date I have is for 12/21. I booked that room on 4/25. As of this morning Riverside is showing up as 4* French Quarter/Mississippi River with 90% recommendation and Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Tennis nearby, Spa services.

The price may stay the same or it may go up or down. If you have over a year and the price is high, I'd probably put it on trip watcher....and still check back every so often. I booked in April for my 12/21 stay but I just booked for my 11/1 stay last week. In April 11/1 was all over $100 but last week Hyatt Regency went down to $67 for that date so I booked.

Edited by Saint Greg

Hey guys, my wife is wanting to stay at either the hotel Monteleone or the Roosevelt. Does anyone know if hotwire is currently offering either of these?

I've gotten Monteleone using 4* French quarter/bourbon street, but it's been a few years. I don't think you would get that today. I think you would probably get Astor Crowne Plaza today. I've never seen the Roosevelt on Hotwire.

Go to priceline.com put in your dates and click on the express deals tab. If it has a 4* French quarter - canal street with the amenities being Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Business Center, I think you'll find Monteleone. Make sure it has the paw print icon for pets allowed. I think that is key in separating it from the Westin and Crown Plaza.

Edited by Saint Greg

The best deal I could find at the Monteleone is $229/night. Priceline had it for $158/night but it wasn't a double bed. I started looking at our 2nd choice which is the Hilton Riverside but can't find it below $217/night. I wish I could find that one for what everyone else has been getting it for. We are staying Aug. 15th for one night precruise.

The best deal I could find at the Monteleone is $229/night. Priceline had it for $158/night but it wasn't a double bed. I started looking at our 2nd choice which is the Hilton Riverside but can't find it below $217/night. I wish I could find that one for what everyone else has been getting it for. We are staying Aug. 15th for one night precruise.

Riverside is $118 on hotwire for 8/15. It's 4* French quarter/Mississippi river with 90% recommendation marked down from $308 with "weekend deal".

Riverside is $118 on hotwire for 8/15. It's 4* French quarter/Mississippi river with 90% recommendation marked down from $308 with "weekend deal".

I think I see the mix up. Im trying to book a room for 4 people. (Me, Wife, and 2 daughters. When I enter 2 adults, 0 children I see the deal you're talking about. Do you think I would get a double bed room by booking it with only 2 adults?

Thanks, Scott