Hotels?

parttimr

Perfect, thank you Saint Greg! If you are ever traveling to Chicago please ask me any questions you have for hotels, restaurants or anything...

Will do. I have family in Milwaukee so I've been to a couple Cubs games and a white sox game. But there's a train that runs from New Orleans to Chicago that a lot of Saints fans have taken to saints-bears games. I definitely want to do that one day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess I waited too long to book a hotel. I need a room for one night, prior to my cruise, 4/30 - 5/1, which puts me at the end of Jazz Fest. I need to find a place that I can reasonably get to from the airport and then to the port. Would love to easily get to the French Quarter to look around, and don't want to drop a ton of $$. Any suggestions on decent places with decent public transportation? Thanks

The Royal Sonesta is our favorite and where we stay in New Orleans. It's lovely and in the heart of the French Quarter.

While somewhat expensive, it's so worth it! :)

LuLu

We just booked the Royal Sonesta for a few days before our cruise coming up in July. I really wanted to be in the middle of the action so we bit the bullet for a balcony facing Bourbon Street. I heard great things...just hope it's worth the pretty penny! Can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...

You're not the only one. We ended up with Comfort Suites at 169. But, we'll be spending a few extra days afterwards and had much better rates for then. A friend recommended the Prince Conti in the FQ, so we're trying it out. :)

Guess I waited too long to book a hotel. I need a room for one night, prior to my cruise, 4/30 - 5/1, which puts me at the end of Jazz Fest. I need to find a place that I can reasonably get to from the airport and then to the port. Would love to easily get to the French Quarter to look around, and don't want to drop a ton of $$. Any suggestions on decent places with decent public transportation? Thanks

• 1 month later...

Saint Greg hoping your on the boards for some help with the Hotwire thing. Never booked Hotwire so any help is greatly appreciated!! Needing 2 rooms for pre cruise on August 28th 2016. Cruise next day on Triumph. One room needs 2 beds( 2 adults and 3 kids one is 3 years old so he can sleep with mom and dad). Other room 2 beds for 2 ladies( me and my co worker). Cheap as possible but no bad hotels LOL

Hope you get on the boards soon and can help this old lady out LOL

THANKS GREG!!!

Oh and will do the Fulton garage thing for parking

Edited by Babyblue
adding text

Saint Greg hoping your on the boards for some help with the Hotwire thing. Never booked Hotwire so any help is greatly appreciated!! Needing 2 rooms for pre cruise on August 28th 2016. Cruise next day on Triumph. One room needs 2 beds( 2 adults and 3 kids one is 3 years old so he can sleep with mom and dad). Other room 2 beds for 2 ladies( me and my co worker). Cheap as possible but no bad hotels LOL

Hope you get on the boards soon and can help this old lady out LOL

THANKS GREG!!!

Oh and will do the Fulton garage thing for parking

The hotels closest to Fulton are going to be in the Warehouse District.

The closest hotel is going to be the 4* Warehouse district for $93. That should be Omni Riverfront. It's 3 blocks from Fulton and extremely well reviewed. If you book this one, when you begin your search select 2 adults and 2 children in each room. This will let them know to give you 2-bed rooms.

The best price is the 3.5* Warehouse District for $69.00. That should be the Blake Hotel. It's about 12 blocks from Fulton Garage. I have noticed they've made changes to hotwire and now some of the hotels have a bed choice option. Blake is one of them so if you book it click the "bed choice" tab or scroll down to it and you can select rooms with 2 queen beds.

The 3* warehouse district all-suites hotel for $93 should be Staybridge suites. That is about 8 blocks from Fulton. You'd have more space with a kitchen, living room and they serve free breakfast. This one also has the bed choice option where you can select 2 double beds.

Edited by Saint Greg

Sorry I missed your post. I was on Elation back when you posted it. You've probably already made plans but in the event you're still looking, the best price down in the French Quarter/Downtown/Warehouse District area is the 3.5 Star Warehouse District for $178. That should be the Hotel Modern. The others in that area are $212+. Let me know if you want to know about any of those.

You could stay out by the airport for $110-120. I don't know about the public transportation in that area. The 2.5* Airport for $116 should be comfort inn. The 3* Airport for $110...my best guess is holiday inn express but I'm not sure.

The hotels closest to Fulton are going to be in the Warehouse District.

The closest hotel is going to be the 4* Warehouse district for $93. That should be Omni Riverfront. It's 3 blocks from Fulton and extremely well reviewed. If you book this one, when you begin your search select 2 adults and 2 children in each room. This will let them know to give you 2-bed rooms.

The best price is the 3.5* Warehouse District for $69.00. That should be the Blake Hotel. It's about 12 blocks from Fulton Garage. I have noticed they've made changes to hotwire and now some of the hotels have a bed choice option. Blake is one of them so if you book it click the "bed choice" tab or scroll down to it and you can select rooms with 2 queen beds.

The 3* warehouse district all-suites hotel for $93 should be Staybridge suites. That is about 8 blocks from Fulton. You'd have more space with a kitchen, living room and they serve free breakfast. This one also has the bed choice option where you can select 2 double beds.

THANK YOU SO MUCH Saint Greg for the help!! I have never used Hotwire nor booked a hotel In NO or even actually cruised out of NO. You have been so helpful!!! I will make an attempt at this!!!!

Thanks Saint Greg for all your help.

Since our friends are not coming in the day( as previously stated) before I went and re- read all your recommendations and did the 4 star french Quarter/ Miss. River with 90% recommendations and got the Hilton Riverside!!!

I am so happy it worked out with your expertise!!!

I again appreciate you taking the time to help me and ALL THE OTHERS!!! your really a great guy!! If you are ever cruising on the same ship I would be honored to buy you a drink. And if you don't drink I will gladly buy you a non alcoholic drink!!!

Thank You !!

Sincerely

Karen

Saint Greg, Looking for something in Downtown/French Quarter For Oct 14/15. Would like a 4 or 3.5 and don't quite under stand Hotwire or Priceline. Any help appreciated!

I haven't booked priceline in New Orleans in years because I usually need rooms with 2 beds and they don't book that for you. On hotwire if you need 2 beds you can search for 2 adults and 2 children and they will book it for you. sometimes it changes the prices. Sometimes it doesn't. If you just need one bed you can just use the default search parameters. I'll give you some of the french quarter/bourbon street and french quarter/mississippi river area hotels under $200 that I know for your night:

4* $109 French Quarter/Mississppi River 90% recommendation - Should be Hilton Riverside based on Karen's above post.

4* $153 french Quarter/Bourbon Street 80% recommendation - Astor Crowne Plaza

3.5* $164 French Quarter/Bourbon Street 80% recommendation - Wyndham French Quarter

3.5* $169 French Quarter/Mississippi River 75% recommendation-Doubletree

A 3-star I wouldn't turn my nose up at:

3* $181 French Quarter/Bourbon Street 95% recommendation - Four Points Sheraton French Quarter (on Bourbon Street)

Thanks Saint Greg for all your help.

Since our friends are not coming in the day( as previously stated) before I went and re- read all your recommendations and did the 4 star french Quarter/ Miss. River with 90% recommendations and got the Hilton Riverside!!!

I am so happy it worked out with your expertise!!!

I again appreciate you taking the time to help me and ALL THE OTHERS!!! your really a great guy!! If you are ever cruising on the same ship I would be honored to buy you a drink. And if you don't drink I will gladly buy you a non alcoholic drink!!!

Thank You !!

Sincerely

Karen

No prob. Actually if I try to squeeze a cruise in before football season again I'll either be on your cruise, or the one after your cruise. I won't make that decision until July or August though. I'm a cheers guy so buying me a drink would just be a waste of money. I'm looking forward to the expanded cheers program and the food places triumph has that elation didn't have!

Saint Greg, Looking for your help on booking hotel on hotwire. I am looking for a pre-cruise hotel stay on 6/25. Hotwire showing a 4* in downtown/superdome with 95% recommended at $113. Do you know which one this might be? Thanks

Christina

Saint Greg, Looking for your help on booking hotel on hotwire. I am looking for a pre-cruise hotel stay on 6/25. Hotwire showing a 4* in downtown/superdome with 95% recommended at $113. Do you know which one this might be? Thanks

Christina

Hyatt Regency

Thanks for the quick response, Saint Greg. Is it too far from the port, and the French quarter if I want to have a quick dinner/walk at the night? Is there streetcar I can take? Should I instead take the one in Warehouse district for $166?

Edited by Llrrfan2011

Thanks for the quick response, Saint Greg. Is it too far from the port, and the French quarter if I want to have a quick dinner/walk at the night? Is there streetcar I can take? Should I instead take the one in Warehouse district for $166?

Hyatt Regency would be a little over a mile from the port. You'd want to take a street car to the french quarter. It's a 5min ride. There's a streetcar stop in the median out front. There are several lines. You'd want Loyola. It will take you all the way down canal street. You can get off by Bourbon Street or ride it all the way down to Harrahs by the river. It's $1.25/ride or $3 for a day of unlimited riding.

The warehouse district hotels are going to be about 1/2 mile from the port. I'm going to include one French Quarter/Mississippi River hotel because it's right by the warehouse hotels.

Le Meridien is right next to Harrahs. It's a two block walk to canal street. 3 blocks to Decatur. Loews is right across the street from Le Meridien. Staybridge and Blake are a couple blocks further. Modern you would have to take the St. Charles streetcar. It's right by the WWII museum if that's something you plan on doing.

4* Warehouse $166 - Loews

4* French Quarter/Mississippi River $152 - Le Meridien

3.5* Warehouse District $148 - The Blake Hotel

3.5* Warehouse District $120 - Hotel Modern

3* Warehouse District $172 - Staybridge Suites

Edited by Saint Greg

Hyatt Regency would be a little over a mile from the port. You'd want to take a street car to the french quarter. It's a 5min ride. There's a streetcar stop in the median out front. There are several lines. You'd want Loyola. It will take you all the way down canal street. You can get off by Bourbon Street or ride it all the way down to Harrahs by the river. It's $1.25/ride or $3 for a day of unlimited riding.

The warehouse district hotels are going to be about 1/2 mile from the port. I'm going to include one French Quarter/Mississippi River hotel because it's right by the warehouse hotels.

Le Meridien is right next to Harrahs. It's a two block walk to canal street. 3 blocks to Decatur. Loews is right across the street from Le Meridien. Staybridge and Blake are a couple blocks further. Modern you would have to take the St. Charles streetcar. It's right by the WWII museum if that's something you plan on doing.

4* Warehouse $166 - Loews

4* French Quarter/Mississippi River $152 - Le Meridien

3.5* Warehouse District $148 - The Blake Hotel

3.5* Warehouse District $120 - Hotel Modern

3* Warehouse District $172 - Staybridge Suites

I'm getting a lot of good information from your posts. Do you know how far the Warehouse District is from Bourbon Street. I believe I saw an Embassy Suite located in the Warehouse District.

I'm getting a lot of good information from your posts. Do you know how far the Warehouse District is from Bourbon Street. I believe I saw an Embassy Suite located in the Warehouse District.

It depends on what part of the warehouse district. Embassy suites is probably 3/4 mile from the start of Bourbon street. But it's really close to a streetcar stop.

It depends on what part of the warehouse district. Embassy suites is probably 3/4 mile from the start of Bourbon street. But it's really close to a streetcar stop.

That was exactly the information I was look for. Thanks. As long as I am near a streetcar stop I'm fine.

Hello Saint Greg, my DW and I are staying in N.O on 7/9 and were hoping to use Hotwire and stay at the Hilton Riverside.

If I am looking at the website correctly it shows French quarter-Mississippi river area hotel and French quarter-Mississippi river area boutique hotel.

Both 90% recommend.

Any thoughts on which could be the Hilton?

Hello Saint Greg, my DW and I are staying in N.O on 7/9 and were hoping to use Hotwire and stay at the Hilton Riverside.

If I am looking at the website correctly it shows French quarter-Mississippi river area hotel and French quarter-Mississippi river area boutique hotel.

Both 90% recommend.

Any thoughts on which could be the Hilton?

Boutique should be Le Meridien. The other should be Hilton Riverside.

• 3 weeks later...

Saint Greg,

I just read through the posts in this thread and you have definitely saved everyone lots of money with your hotel expertise! We are sailing on NCL on 12/30 and will need a hotel the night before (12/29). Currently on HotWire, I think I'm seeing the Hilton Riverside for $112/nt. Would you recommend booking now at that price now or should we wait until it's closer to departure time? Also, we will need a room for 4 adults (the kiddies are 21 and 19), should we just search by 4 adults and they'll book 2 beds automatically? I noticed the price jumps up a lot when I do.

Would we be just as good to book this one?

Warehouse District area all-suites hotel 3* for $93.

We're planning on parking at Fulton and catching the streetcar to get around.

I really appreciate your help! And, as Karen mentioned, if you are on our cruise, you can count on a drink from us!

Thanks!