Hotels?

parttimr

Saint Greg,

I just read through the posts in this thread and you have definitely saved everyone lots of money with your hotel expertise! We are sailing on NCL on 12/30 and will need a hotel the night before (12/29). Currently on HotWire, I think I'm seeing the Hilton Riverside for $112/nt. Would you recommend booking now at that price now or should we wait until it's closer to departure time? Also, we will need a room for 4 adults (the kiddies are 21 and 19), should we just search by 4 adults and they'll book 2 beds automatically? I noticed the price jumps up a lot when I do.

Would we be just as good to book this one?

Warehouse District area all-suites hotel 3* for $93.

We're planning on parking at Fulton and catching the streetcar to get around.

I really appreciate your help! And, as Karen mentioned, if you are on our cruise, you can count on a drink from us!

Thanks!

Wow. They really upcharge you for 4 adults. If you search for 2 adults, 2 children it's only $75...which is a great price for that hotel. It's up to you but I might consider booking it 2 adults, 2 children and letting the children wait by the elevator while you check-in. I know 2 adults, 2 children gets you a 2-bed room. I assume 4 adults does as well.

On the timing...That is a few days before the sugar bowl. Bowl activities start 3-4 days before the game so teams will be in town and fans will be arriving. Last year the game was on 1/2 and the big game week concert was 12/30. This year the game is a day earlier so the concert may be on 12/29. You may want to check into that. It's a free concert. Last year it was Usher.

My school was in the New Orleans Bowl last year and our team hotel was Hilton Riverside. Very possible it's a team hotel for the Sugar Bowl. Our "group rate" was $150.

The 3* all suites should be StayBridge Suites. It's only like 2 blocks from Riverside. I've never stayed there but it has great reviews. They have a living room area and kitchenette so you may have more space.

Edited by Saint Greg

We are planning to come to New Orleans on 9-11 till 9-21. We are looking at a cruise from 9-12 till 9-17. Plan are made for 9-17 till 9-21. We are looking for a stay and park on 9-11, Or should be plan to park the car near the port? There are 2 of us on this trip. Thanks for any help.

Edited by ddbaab53

We are planning to come to New Orleans on 9-11 till 9-21. We are looking at a cruise from 9-12 till 9-17. Plan are made for 9-17 till 9-21. We are looking for a stay and park on 9-11, Or should be plan to park the car near the port? There are 2 of us on this trip. Thanks for any help.

Hey, you're on my ship! I park at Fulton garage close to the port. 9/11 is the Saints regular season opener so downtown will be a mess. If you want to stay downtown that night I can help you with a nice hotel for $100 or less before tax if you don't mind using Hotwire...then parking at Fulton would be like $60. If you want to do park n cruise check out these threads:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2197840

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2149088

Edited by Saint Greg

Saint Greg, I have been looking through this thread and I must say, I am impressed with your skills! I have never used Hotwire or any of those type sites, but I am curious. Any insight as to what hotel is which in the Garden District, December 3rd date?

Edited by LanMar7182

Saint Greg, I have been looking through this thread and I must say, I am impressed with your skills! I have never used Hotwire or any of those type sites, but I am curious. Any insight as to what hotel is which in the Garden District, December 3rd date?

The 2.5 star for $131 is definitely Best Western Plus St. Charles Inn. The 3.5 star is new. I believe the Hotel Indigo, which was previously a 3 star, has been upgraded and that is it. There are two 3 stars with the same amenities. One of them is Prytania Oaks. I believe it is the one with 75% recommendation. Prytania Park is another hotel that has been on Hotwire in the Garden District previously but I don't see anything that seems to match it.

I just reserved a hotel room at the Westin New Orleans Canal Place for our September 2016 cruise. I was a bit panicked because many of the hotels near Bourbon Street were already showing sold out and the hotels left were almost $300 a night. I searched on a few well know sites and this hotel popped up with availability at $200 a night. I clicked the link and ended up on a website called Amoma I quickly booked my room and was thrilled to get such a nice hotel. Panic soon set in again when I did my research on this site. Really bad reviews so I quickly called the Westin spoke with the manager and he assured me they were legit. Within 24 hours they had my reservation :D so all is well. I'd hate to see people losing a great opportunity at booking a great rate on a hotel because of all those bad reviews.

The 2.5 star for $131 is definitely Best Western Plus St. Charles Inn. The 3.5 star is new. I believe the Hotel Indigo, which was previously a 3 star, has been upgraded and that is it. There are two 3 stars with the same amenities. One of them is Prytania Oaks. I believe it is the one with 75% recommendation. Prytania Park is another hotel that has been on Hotwire in the Garden District previously but I don't see anything that seems to match it.

I stay at the Best Western Plus St. Charles Inn every year for the Irish Channel St. Patrick's Day Parade (I march in it). There no pool (that is a negative if you want to swim) but I always enjoy my stay there.

Cruising Carnival Dream 3/26/17 out of NOLA.

Looking for 1 Night Pre-Cruise & 3 Nights Post Cruise.

Never stayed in NOLA before and DW and I (w/2 kids - 7 & 11) would like to be as near the French Quarter as we can. I prefer to be on the French Quarter side of Interstate 90....Warehouse or Downtown Districts I think

Any Suggestions in the $150 or under range. Is it even possible at this time of year ?

PS....DW is asking how far Garden District is from the French Quarter

TIA

Saint Greg,

Any idea what a 3 star 100% recommended MSY area airport hotel on Hotwire with free breakfast, free parking, free internet, pool, and airport shuttle for $81.00 on 8/6 to 8/7 would be? We are 2 adults 2 children. Thanks!

Edited by jennb

Saint Greg,

Any idea what a 3 star 100% recommended MSY area airport hotel on Hotwire with free breakfast, free parking, free internet, pool, and airport shuttle for $81.00 on 8/6 to 8/7 would be? We are 2 adults 2 children. Thanks!

Looks like Holiday Inn Express & Suites New Orleans Airport South

We will be in NO for a convention Oct. 25- Nov. 1. We're thinking of staying in the Warehouse district. Hotwire is showing a 4*, 80% recommended resort boutique hotel with free internet for $168, and a 3-1/2* 90% recommended boutique for $147. Any thoughts as to what they are? Thanks!

We will be in NO for a convention Oct. 25- Nov. 1. We're thinking of staying in the Warehouse district. Hotwire is showing a 4*, 80% recommended resort boutique hotel with free internet for $168, and a 3-1/2* 90% recommended boutique for $147. Any thoughts as to what they are? Thanks!

4* The Old No. 77 Hotel & Chandlery

3.5* probably The Hotel Modern

Hello Saint Greg,

We will be in the area next week and staying at the Hilton Riverside. Is a trip to Deanies Seafood on Iberville St walkable or street car better? Looks like there's a pick up near the hotel.

Hello Saint Greg,

We will be in the area next week and staying at the Hilton Riverside. Is a trip to Deanies Seafood on Iberville St walkable or street car better? Looks like there's a pick up near the hotel.

We stayed there a few weeks ago, it's a great location. We parked our car at Fultons and walked the city for 2 days. There is a street car stop right at the hotel plus taxis always waiting. We walked to the terminal cruise morning thru the mall. Enjoy!

Hello Saint Greg,

I walk it. It's probably 8-10 blocks. But for people who want/need to minimize walking you can walk across the street and catch the Canal street car on the other side of Harrahs. Take it a couple stops down to Bourbon. Get off and walk up Bourbon, take your first left on Iberville and it will be a block down on your right....or get on the riverfront streetcar which is the one right outside Hilton Riverside...take it one stop down to Bienville. Walk about 5 blocks down Bienville, take a left on Dauphine and it's a block down on your left.

I've read numerous reviews from people booking through Hotwire saying they were given "inferior" rooms. Have any of you had that experience? I'm hoping to book the Hilton Riverside for 3 nights before a cruise but would like a river view. It will be over Thanksgiving - don't know if that's a really busy time or not and if I can request a river view. Thanks!

I've read numerous reviews from people booking through Hotwire saying they were given "inferior" rooms. Have any of you had that experience? I'm hoping to book the Hilton Riverside for 3 nights before a cruise but would like a river view. It will be over Thanksgiving - don't know if that's a really busy time or not and if I can request a river view. Thanks!

We booked thru Hotwire, got the Hilton Riverside for $91 a night (stayed 2 nights). When we checked in I told the very nice desk clerk that we were leaving on a cruise Monday and would love a room that would allow me to see the ship come in. He gave us a 17th floor river view. Loved it.