Baltic on Grand Princess-8/7/04

My husband and I have booked the ship's two day excursion in St. Petersburg, but would prefer to go with Red October or DenRus if we could join a group...too expensive for just the two of us. Anyone have anything in the planning stage?

We might be interested also. I emailed Red October and have not heard anything back. We are early 40's and are travelling with 3 children (that might change your mind about sharing a tour). However, I must say in my childrens defense, they are very good travelers. We just went to Rome over spring break and had to wait 2 hours in the pouring rain to see the Vatican museum and there wasn't a complaint from any of them. My 5 year old sat in her stroller and played with her stuffed animal under the rain cover and stayed completely dry. My 13 year old just stood and talked to us and my 11 year old stood and read a book (while bending over it to keep the water off it) Some of the adults around us were much worse behaved than my children...but I understand it you would rather find somebody else -

Celebrity Millenium 1/26/03

Grand Princess 8/7/04

Anne,

I have a suggested itinerary and pricing information from Den Rus that I got back in January. Didn't pursue it because there were just two of us. Have you heard anything back from Red October? I just emailed them tonight but had printed some info from their web site earlier. We always traveled with our boys...still do sometimes...but they are 29 and 32 now. You can email me at rsharonj@cox.net if you want to try to work something out. I was hoping to go to both Peterhof and Catherine Palace as well as everything on the ship's tour schedule.

Sharon

I am on the August 7 Grand as well. I have had lots of problems getting e-mail from both RO and DenRus. I e-mailed RO at least 3 times and never heard from them. Then a few eeks later, I received an e-mail from another passenger who said RO had given him my e-mail to see if I was interested in joining their group - so obviously RO received my e-mail but their response to me was lost. I booked with DenRus and after many many e-mail exchanges with them, I suddenly stopped receiving answers, which I thought was odd. So I e-mailed DenRus from my office and received an immediate response telling me that their last 3 e-mails to me were returned.

The point of this long boring story is that e-mail, especially to and from distant points, isn't perfect. Keep trying. Looking forward to sharing a great cruise with you.

Gail

Archived