Outlets on Carnival Sunshine

Maddawg54

This is our first cruise and have heard outlets are scarce on carnival ships. I use a CPAP and was wondering if they are outlets near the bed or do I need to bring an extension cord? Any other tips are welcome.

The outlets are not near the bed. If you bring an extension cord, it may be confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise (I am hearing that Carnival in particular is cracking down on this). If you do bring an extension cord, bring one that does not have multiple plugs on the end, and that is of the heavy round cord type (outdoor use), rather than the lighter "lamp cord" type. This is for fire safety reasons. If they take your cord, contact Guest Services, and tell them about the CPAP, and they will provide an approved cord.

I would also not recommend taking a power strip that has surge suppression, as these are particularly frowned on onboard. A power strip that does not mention "x amount of joules protection" molded into it, is usually not surge protected, and is more generally accepted.

Edited by chengkp75