Breakfast Buffet Or Room Service?

Eriksgarden

We are going on POA this Summer and are planning excursions that meet early (8-8:30 mostly). It is such a port intensive cruise, but we want to enjoy the ship as much as possible, too. What time does the breakfast buffet open? And if we need to do room service instead, how extensive is the menu? Thanks in advance!

I don't think any NCL ship has cooked to order breakfast items on the room service menu. I don't recall what the opening times were, but we never had any problem getting breakfast at the buffet in time to exit the ship early.

Here's a tip: find the Aloha Lanai area on the ship. Just turn right in the buffet and keep going until you hit the lovely covered open air aft area. You will pass the entry to Moderno on your right before going through the outer door. This is a fantastic place for breakfast as they set up a mini buffet in Moderno, complete with made to order stations. You can dine inside Moderno, or take your food out onto the open air patio which has many tables. Great place for coctails and sailaways also, as there are big curved couches, soft lighting and entertainment in the evenings. You can carry out a meal from the buffet in the evenings as well.

It's almost 6 years since we sailed the POA but the basics haven't changed much - it is a VERY port intensive itinerary and the ship is essentially a floating hotel. Ship's buffet breakfast time are adjusted to open early, 6 & no later than 6:30 AM for early riser (it's 11 AM already on the East Coast) as we've finished our full breakfast before 7:30 and off the gangway by 7:45 (we rented a minivan in each port with DIY touring)

Like the rest of NCL ships, Room Service Breakfast Menu is all continental, no hot items or meat, etc. plus coffee/tea/milk, baked goods & cereal. Some write in for bagel, cream cheese & smoked salmon with success. I go upstairs to the buffet daily for my "fix" of fresh & sweet pineapple, yummy, as part of the big breakfast. And, delivery is as early as 6 AM as I recall.

Folks gone for most/all day are known & seen preparing peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, etc. to take ashore - crews actually have bags available for use. We just filled our water bottles & some cookies to munch on and go.

I don't think any NCL ship has cooked to order breakfast items on the room service menu. I don't recall what the opening times were, but we never had any problem getting breakfast at the buffet in time to exit the ship early.

Here's a tip: find the Aloha Lanai area on the ship. Just turn right in the buffet and keep going until you hit the lovely covered open air aft area. You will pass the entry to Moderno on your right before going through the outer door. This is a fantastic place for breakfast as they set up a mini buffet in Moderno, complete with made to order stations. You can dine inside Moderno, or take your food out onto the open air patio which has many tables. Great place for coctails and sailaways also, as there are big curved couches, soft lighting and entertainment in the evenings. You can carry out a meal from the buffet in the evenings as well.

I completely agree! This was our favorite spot on the ship. The officer in charge in Moderno was so nice. He always made a point to come and see us. He took some great pictures of us while passing the Napali Coast. Best spot on the ship for the Napali Coast in my opinion, you get to see it easily on each pass. Enjoy this once in a lifetime experience!