Glory Inside Cabin Lido Deck

kapcruiser

Have been in Balconies, OVs, and insides - in that order. Love insides. Don't mind lower floors. As long as it's quiet and I'm on the ship, I'm happy.

One thing you will have to contend with when on the upper floors with balconies is that there will always be those people that slam their doors because they prop open the balcony door and create a vortex. Happens every time to me. So I actually like the lower floor with OVs. Won't happen there. But Lido is convenient to a lot of things.

However, I would take an OV on a lower floor vs an inside on a higher floor if prices are close to the same.

I'm thinking of booking an inside cabin this time because I have to book 4 of them for my family. Much cheaper. Would appreciate pros and cons. I think we would rather be on upper level than lower.

I did once on the Glory...But Inside cabins are not for me O/V are perfect.

Insides are fine for 2 people, maybe even 3. For 4 people, I would definitely get 2 inside rooms instead of 1 inside. I am perfectly fine in interiors, even after having had balconies.

As far as the decks go, many people love the lido rooms, because you can walk straight out to the pool & buffet so easily. The downside is that you have to always take elevators to go to/from shows, the dining room, or to get off/on the ship. And the elevators are always so slammed during those times, so it could take awhile. For people who never go to any entertainment, never go to the dining room, & never get off the ship, the lido deck rooms are perfect. Otherwise, if you can handle a couple flights of stairs, deck 7 would be better, to put you perfectly between the daytime stuff & the nighttime stuff.

We were one deck up from lido in an inside when we sailed on the glory. Loved the location. Close to some great things, dry convenient for late night pizza and ice cream runs ;) plus convenient to the serenity deck which I found convenient. We had a bit of rain on our cruise but the serenity chairs dry off quick, and I'd just check on the deck cam on the TV and see the deck was starting to dry, and I'd get to the serenity deck and have plenty of seating options.

Honestly I've found the most important thing for my choosing a room is proximity to the serenity deck. Just love only having a few flights of stairs and I'm there, rather than waiting for elevators and such.

~Katy

We did interiors for the first time on the Glory over New Years. We had cabins 9244, 9248, 9252 and 9256. We thought the same thing, if we were going to do interiors, we wanted to be higher up on the ship.

We liked the interiors. I wouldn't have a problem staying in one again. We also liked the Lido location, but think next time we would do one deck under Lido and aft. We felt like we were always walking to the back of the ship. It was so nice just walking right out to Lido though and not having to worry about the elevators.

Our cabin was a little loud, but mainly from other guests. There were two kids that were constantly running down the hall to their cabin and sounded like they were wearing boots, lol. We also had a very loud family across the hall. So, your experience may not be like ours.

I would definitely book an interior on Lido again.

• 3 weeks later...