Beach Glass

JDeanFan

OK, we will be docking at Kings Wharf on Nov 1st and 2nd. How far is the Cemetary. What bus do I take, where do I get off and how do I get down to the beach? Whew!!!!:eek: Iv'e been trying to find a map and I am having no luck. Any help would be appreciated!:D

OK, we will be docking at Kings Wharf on Nov 1st and 2nd. How far is the Cemetary. What bus do I take, where do I get off and how do I get down to the beach? Whew!!!!:eek: Iv'e been trying to find a map and I am having no luck. Any help would be appreciated!:D

If you go back to post number 7, I wrote easy to follow directions to the sea glass beach. You take a number 7 bus from the dockyard, and ask to get off at the Naval cemetary. It will take about 10 minutes. Wear crocs for protection just in case.

If you see the local people, please be courteous and ask permission to use the stairs.

If you go back to post number 7, I wrote easy to follow directions to the sea glass beach. You take a number 7 bus from the dockyard, and ask to get off at the Naval cemetary. It will take about 10 minutes. Wear crocs for protection just in case.

If you see the local people, please be courteous and ask permission to use the stairs.

Thank you, I went back to post 7 and printed the directions.

Now I do plan to visit St. George on the first day we are there. Alexandria Battery Park seems far to walk from the town. Does anyone know how long of a walk this is.

Thank you, I went back to post 7 and printed the directions.

Now I do plan to visit St. George on the first day we are there. Alexandria Battery Park seems far to walk from the town. Does anyone know how long of a walk this is.

When we went to Bermuda in May, we walked along the road to Fort Gates which is at the cut where the cruise ships enter St. George. Taking a left from there it is a short walk to the battery. All told it is about a 20 minute walk.

You could continue walking towards St. Catherine's fort and beach which would be another 20 minutes past a working dairy farm. But the ocean views along the way are pretty nice and you can swim at the battery as well.

I would suggest a taxi as it would only cost about $7 and take about 5 minutes or so.

It has been suggested that the sea glass beach near the dockyard is about quanity whereas the battery is about quality.

Hope that these directions to both areas are helpful.:)

Edward did you ever get around to posting your comparsion of cruise vs. land vacation in Bermuda?

We did some very nice pieces of glass and pottery at Alexandra Battery.

Hello Sue, I have a very rough draft that I haven't had the time to finish yet. I am still looking at my notes and hopefully will finish it shortly. I am just wondering whether to post it on the Bermuda board or the NCL board. I just wonder if there would be enough interest on the general NCL board.

Edward

Hello Sue, I have a very rough draft that I haven't had the time to finish yet. I am still looking at my notes and hopefully will finish it shortly. I am just wondering whether to post it on the Bermuda board or the NCL board. I just wonder if there would be enough interest on the general NCL board.

Edward

You have to post it here! ;)

Edward

Heck, why not post it in both! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I hope you left some for us! We arrive in St. Georges on June 2.

There is tons there for everyone, we brought a gallon ziplock bag full back. Stand in the surf and watch for the blue ones and then pick.

I really was kidding because I know each tide brings in a fresh supply - but thank you! What will you do with all of yours?

I am making some earrings and a necklace with the blue I found. The rest will be cleaned and put in a fancy jar for display

Tell me, how was the water? Warm enough for swimming? I leave in the morning.

Iheartbda is right about what temp you are use to. I live in the south and the water here is 71 degrees right now which is too cool for me. Our water temps get up in the upper 80's in the summer. I have been spoilt by warm water temps

Archived