adventure of the seas feb 2015

We have only been on about 5 cruises, 1 on carnival (2007) and 3 on rccl since then including freedom of the seas and allure of the seas. My wife and I are wondering if the bean counters taking over the food budget on rccl. Even on captains night there wasn't the steak or lobster choice. Rccl seems to not care about the choices of food available. Presentation was good. Also it seems like the rccl staff in the MDR travel in waves. You don't seem them for 10 minutes when you want something, and then they come all at once with bread, water, or drinks. One night our table was never even asked if we wanted a drink from the bar.

My wife and I are rapidly thinking of doing research to which cruise line has the best choices of meals, and the best shows. I know allure has the best shows hands down, but their MDR is just bland. We probably won't go on another cruise for awhile until we see something that wows us. We are both tired of the Caribbean destinations as they all seem to be the same, so are interest will be strictly the ship and its offerings. I heard that carnival has better food than rccl. Can anybody else give an opinion on who has the best food and shows?

PS. We had 11 folks in our recent feb 2015 cruise and were disappointed that rccl could not get us a table where we all could sit down together. We had parents with their 50th anniversary and planned this cruise a year in advance.

Sorry to hear of your experience. We were on Feb 8 and 15th and had excellent service the first week but the second week we switched to MTD. Captains night has never been the steak and lobster night on the Adventure. Lobster is offered as the fisherman's platter.

We found the food to be ok but the kitchen having some real issues. This ship had a lot of crew taken from it a few weeks ago and sent to Quantum to help with staffing issues. We have been on 8 cruises on the Adventure and have found some of the most amazing crew to be here on the Adventure.

We have been on Carnival and also Celebrity and found Royal food to be the same if not better then on Carnival for sure and Celebrity experience was great food but service was epic fail.

What is "Captain's Night?" We cruise on RC frequently and have another booked for December, but I've never heard of "Captain's Night."

Captain's night reference to the evening of Captains reception and is usually formal night and he or staff captain dine in main dining room.

We have only been on about 5 cruises, 1 on carnival (2007) and 3 on rccl since then including freedom of the seas and allure of the seas. My wife and I are wondering if the bean counters taking over the food budget on rccl. Even on captains night there wasn't the steak or lobster choice. Rccl seems to not care about the choices of food available. Presentation was good. Also it seems like the rccl staff in the MDR travel in waves. You don't seem them for 10 minutes when you want something, and then they come all at once with bread, water, or drinks. One night our table was never even asked if we wanted a drink from the bar.

My wife and I are rapidly thinking of doing research to which cruise line has the best choices of meals, and the best shows. I know allure has the best shows hands down, but their MDR is just bland. We probably won't go on another cruise for awhile until we see something that wows us. We are both tired of the Caribbean destinations as they all seem to be the same, so are interest will be strictly the ship and its offerings. I heard that carnival has better food than rccl. Can anybody else give an opinion on who has the best food and shows?

PS. We had 11 folks in our recent feb 2015 cruise and were disappointed that rccl could not get us a table where we all could sit down together. We had parents with their 50th anniversary and planned this cruise a year in advance.

Sorry to hear your experience was not up to par. We have been on 26 cruises and must say we are Loyal to Royal. We have tried NCL and Carnival and still think RCCL is the best experience by far. Not sure if you are aware however you can order a steak off the menu in the MDR any night. Also if you have a preference ask your waiter and they just might be able to accommodate your wishes. We will be on the Adventure in month can't wait!!!